• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchups & Strategies

babybaby 12 (banned)

Smash Rookie
Lol @ Mr. Game and Watch, Marth and ROB being Pikachu's worst matchups.

Mr. Game and Watch sucks. Anyone can beat him. Even Pichu if he was in Brawl.

Anther MURDERED Overswarm, who used ROB.

My brother's best friend 3-stocked this guy who mains Marth when he was using Pikachu.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Babybaby, you're still going at it I see.
Hmmm... your old account was perma-banned, correct?

Let's not beat around the bush here- you are ignorant about competitive brawl.
Kaylo was accurate, although I'd say MK is worse for Pikachu than ROB.

What do YOU think are Pikachu's worst match-ups? I'd like to hear your outlandish opinions so I can laugh.

babybaby 12 (banned)

Smash Rookie
Mister_E, I don't think Pikachu HAS a worst matchup.

Btw, the tier list is all wrong. Pikachu, Lucario, Pokemon trainer, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Mario, Yoshi, and Wario should be top tier. Jigglypuff, Luigi and Peach should be high tier.

SONIC SHOULD NOT BE BOTTOM TIER!!!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Uhhh... no.
Pikachu is a better character than most of the roster, but he's not the best.
You seem to stand firmly behind your views and disregard tournament results.
I'm beginning to think that you are hopeless.

babybaby 12 (banned)

Smash Rookie
Does my brother beating people count as "tournament rersults"? Few of my friends had tournaments at their house(s).

I know Pikachu isn't the best. Sonic is the best, and yet he's bottom tier. Sonic is the fastest and most unpredictable character in the game. Most of Sonic's attacks look the same, but act differently, adding on to his unpredictability. Also,

YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

There, I got proof. What more do you need, Mister_E? Other than tournament results

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
baby is clearly not serious, and is clearly trolling just for the reactions he gets out of us. I think it would really be best if we just ignored him =/ A report or seven would be good too.

Meow.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think Pikachu's worst matchups in order are:

MK, G&W, Marth. Other ones don't really give me a problem, and i think its 55-45 at worst for pikachu

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@ESAM: Heh, the one thing I've noticed is that Pika players seem to be split two ways when it comes to which matchups they think are the worst for Pika. Either they hate ROB and don't mind G&W as much, or vice versa.

I'm part of the former camp (G&W is much easier for me than the robot), although I've gotten more ROB experience lately and don't find him as OMGWTF hard as I used to....

gallax

Smash Hero
kaylo...you hit it right on the head. i dont mind gaw one bit. i can take him on no prob. but as for ROB..i hate him. he is harder to beat.

and i also added you to my thank you list on the first post kaylo!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Like Anther, I have tremendous ROB experience. ROB does not scare me... at all.
They flood most tournaments I attend and I generally beat them.
However, GW might not be too difficult a fight anymore. I haven't played a good GW offline in quite a long time.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
kaylo...you hit it right on the head. i dont mind gaw one bit. i can take him on no prob. but as for ROB..i hate him. he is harder to beat.

and i also added you to my thank you list on the first post kaylo!
Thanks Galax! (I don't see it though.... :( Maybe you haven't edited yet?)

I'm glad I can contribute something useful every now & then. :)

K 2

Smash Lord
I have a tough time against G&W's when I use pikachu. It's mainly because my pikachu is 90% aerial based, and G&W's aerials > Pika's aerials. Plus, G&W's disjointed dtilt outrange most of pika's ground moves.

Anyways, Galax, I have a suggestion for the matchup thread. You should put the matchup ratios on the OP, so I don't have to click on a million links to find pika's easiest/hardest matchups. =P

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Is it weird that I have a hard time with Lucas?

When I started maining Pikachu, my friend started playing G&W. (because he's an *******)

Then when I got use to that matchup he went Lucas. And I still have yet to find it easy to play him. And I personally picked up G&W, just to beat his Lucas. lol

gallax

Smash Hero
it isnt weird at all. although i have no problems with lucas, i can see where it may go wrong. the nair to ftilt combo can be pretty beastly as well as his glitched recovery. the thing you have to remember when playing lucas is to try and space him with your fsmash and when he gets close learn to grab out of your shield.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wouldn't say I have a hard time with Lucas, but he's definitely annoying, especially since he's one of those characters that limits Pika's projectile/thunder usage. He also has all those PK Fire shenanigans.

What Galax said, and don't get usmashed.

gallax

Smash Hero
lol. yeah. kaylo hit it. dont get usmashed. something you may want to note is that when he usmashes you and you are shielding you can be pushed back so he is out of grab range. by the time you fsmash he can spotdodge. try a sh ff fair after it.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Also, my friend does this trick where he upsmashes at the end of the stage, and if you're trying to get up to the ledge from underneath him (with slanted ledges like smashville, fd, and battlefield), his upsmash will stage spike you. It's lame. It has a ridiculous hitbox.

gallax

Smash Hero
yes. thats when you drop straight down and then qa straight up back to the ledge. you will never be hit again. i promise.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
just a little clarification cause i know people will ask about it, but this is a chart showing the relative difficulty out of ten, NOT the matchup numbers. also this is not final, so it will change eventually.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yay! Nice Chart Galax.

uhh...why does G&W have this weird yellow stain on his chest and foot?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm just stumbling into the pika boards lol so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I think the precise numbering on the matchups is a bit confusing! (and maybe unneccessary?)

The numbers themselves are completely arbitrary and are just there to get a very quick point across - so something like 53:47 is still a slight advantage that can be generalised as 55:45, because really you're still just saying you're slightly advantaged or disadvantaged. It's the summaries of a matchup that make more sense of the numbers and narrow them down further.

Still, whatever's easier for you guys is probably best! ^^

gallax

Smash Hero
the number are there so YOU know how each character fares against pika and which ones have a easier time. if i generalized 5.3 to 5.5 and everything around it then you would never know who actually has a slightly better matchup then would you?! forgive me for getting as specific as i can and trying to do the best possible job i am able to.

K 2

Smash Lord
Galax, just wondering, how did you determine the matchup numbers for those characters we hacen't discussed? Did you just base it off your own experiences or what?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wtf is up with these numbers o_O Its like reversed. You should Have low numbers be bad and high numbers be good.. its soo confused.

I still find the numbers ****** ;o put match up numbers.

Top Bottom