• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
do you actually want the video? putting the :p at the end doesnt make it clear lol
lol, i was just getting back at him for earlier.

sorry for unsuccessful sarcasm, it was kinda an inside joke unless you payed attention to earlier posts.

but srsly you suck with sarcasm browny :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'd 10 dollar MM any sonic in the world with my ness =)
If you come to Smash in Nevada (SiN) or SK92's monthlies, I'll take up your challenge, I'm pretty sure I can at least hold my ground with the MK of low-tier.

Bring it on! :p

Besides that, I doubt there are really many if any other Sonics on the West Coast.

asob4

Smash Champion
@kinzer: didn't you reset a match because you didn't like the music on the stage?

and mikehaze beat you with nothing but tornado?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If you come to Smash in Nevada (SiN) or SK92's monthlies, I'll take up your challenge, I'm pretty sure I can at least hold my ground with the MK of low-tier.

Bring it on! :p

Besides that, I doubt there are really many if any other Sonics on the West Coast.
I'll be coming to at least one of them in the next couple of months, so that'll be a good time to play. Yay!! =)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
@kinzer: didn't you reset a match because you didn't like the music on the stage?

and mikehaze beat you with nothing but tornado?
No, that was before the match, and I never fought a MK like his, but I still took him down to his last stock thank you... and that was done on the Wiimote.

My second CP was ********, I should've went to Final D where I wouldn't have faield so epicly because I got gayed by Norfair.

Sadly, it didn't even have the stupid Golden Sun stage unlocked.

I even wanted to MM MikeHAZE was how confident I felt that I could beat him, but I didn't so it will have to be in another tourney match if I ever see him again.

I'll be coming to at least one of them in the next couple of months, so that'll be a good time to play. Yay!! =)
Cool beans, this should be fun.

asob4

Smash Champion
mike wasn't playing serious, like at all, should've been obvious
he doesn't even play as MK really
he mains marth and he would have destroyed you :]

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Gah, well he beat up a noob Sonic main, so should he really be proud of that XD? So if he was sandbagging, and I wasn't playing at my fullest, it could've gone better, but it didn't. That's all in the past though, I tend to look into the future, and right now I can vision myself on Smashville with Edresse's Ness, it's close, I make a comeback, and I stop there, 'cause I don't know what goes on. :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Nah, even if I did want to include into my game, I can't simply because I have nobody else around to help me work on it with this.

I wonder if this is now the "how Kinzer will get his a** whooped to him by a false SBr member and be humilated in a MM" thread.

Browny

Smash Hater
why would you need anyone to help practice on? its an inescapable combo, practice on CPU/humans wont make a difference. You wouldnt expect a DDD player to have a serious MM without CG'ing why would this be any different...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So it has the same effect as playing with a human Ness player?

How does it work again? just ground release and running grab again, or was it walk a little forward and regrab?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
@ dj browny, cpu's don't extra inch DI

EDIT: or DI grab breaks at all
You're wrong, they actually do DI your grabs.
The thing is that they are DIing up to the extreme, hence why it isn't notocealbe since DIing up against grab breaks is useless.

They sometimes DI a bit horizontally.
you can test it out with Marth.

Grab a level 9 Ness. execute the infinite grab, The AI will sometimes DI properly and end up farther away from Marth upon release. One time, they managed to DI completely away from the grab.

Its rare but they do DI properly at times. Its just that, most of the time they DI up to an extreme degree.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Can DK initiate a dash grab afterwards?
i mean he is stuck for 20 frames and Lucas and Ness are stuck 40.
DK is stuck for 30, and the reason it is so hard to infinite Ness and lucas is because it doesn't work if they DI completely away.

DK is only stuck for 20 when others release him.

DK has 10 frames to grab Ness and lucas but the distance they slide is pretty much too far.

Browny

Smash Hater
---
not worth discussion further

also i think thats enough off-topic for now. back to staying awake for unhealthy periods of time imo

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Sadly, it didn't even have the stupid Golden Sun stage unlocked.
Lolwut? There is no Golden Sun stage...

Also, I'm curious to see how Ness isn't a bad character. Sure, I could get ***** by some people playing Ness, but that probably has nothing to do with the fact that Ness is "good."

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I HAVE A QUESTION--

Explain what exactly Extra Inch DI is, and why people only talk about it in terms of Lucas/Ness. Sure, it helps them get out of infinite grabs, but why wouldn't other characters be able to do it?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
furbs is hawt!

and extra inch di is a lieeeee. horrible horrible lie that we concocted to raise ness up a few slots on the tierlist

/conspiracy buff
Wait what? Oh never mind I get it now.

For those who don't know it works... All characters held in the air when grabbed can do it. It helps avoid some of Bowser's grab release combos... It's talked about for Ness/Lucas because they deal worse with the grab release stuff.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh snap I meant the song... but you know what I meant, I think... -_-

MM, see if you can humiliate me Edresse.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I got 5th in this tournament with Ganondorf. (hellz yeah)

Play N Trade I

Date: December 20, 2008

Entrants: 29

Entry Fee: $10 ($3 door fee)

Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3668

Results:

1st: Kirk (Ike)
2nd: Arty (Falco)
3rd: Chompy (Diddy Kong)
4th: MachineGunNorm (Snake)
5th: DLA (Ganondorf)
5th: Ook (Donkey Kong)
7th: Quik (Wario)
7th: Infernohit (Mr. Game and Watch)

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Sleep isn't for the weak, it's for the strong. It's easy to say, 'Smash is so fun, I can't resist' and play until 3AM. It's hard to say, 'Smash is so fun, but I will die an early death if I continue my current sleeping habits.'

Not that that's ever happened to me.......ever......

(EDIT) Nice Ganon placement dude!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Play N Trade sounds like a sick tourney. I see a lot of sorta used guys making the top in that one. Also, an Ike won. Wtf, nice!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Thanks Camzaman... MachineGunNorm beat me TWICE that tourney. I should have had the second match, but whatever. 4th place would have helped Ganon out though ><

Yeah PKskyler, we Chicago brawlers tend to disdain top tier characters for some reason. I don't think there was a single MK main in the tournament.

And yeah, Kirk plays a crazy Ike.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
There's no evidence of Extra Inch DI, and everything i've seen leads me to believe that it doesn't exist.

And who says ppl stay up playing smash?!?! those ppl are weak. Real men don't sleep and doesn't afraid of anything.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I love how we're seeing less MKs now that people hate him. And people said the Americans would never do that like Japan....

Wasn't there another Ganon that took first in a small tourney - Kazka, Kusko - whatever his name was?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Koskinator, he took second though. Some tourney in Canada lol, barely lost to a Snake in the finals. Unfortunately, most of our Ganon community lives in the wilderness with little to no tournament action in their areas. I live in the Chicago area which has two, perhaps three regular tournaments. So I'm gonna have to carry a lot of the weight if I want to increase Ganon's tier placement at all.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Mind as well post the second Play N Trade

Play N Trade II

Date: January 10, 2009

Entrants: 41

Entry Fee: $10 ($3 door fee)

Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4020

Results:

1st: Chompy (Diddy)
2nd: Arty (Falco)
3rd: Bo X7 (Mario/ROB)
4th: Ryzen Xia (Falco)
5th: Quik (Wario)
5th: MachinegunNorm (Snake)
7th: Kirk (Ike)
7th: Scythe (Lucario)

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Koskinator, he took second though. Some tourney in Canada lol, barely lost to a Snake in the finals. Unfortunately, most of our Ganon community lives in the wilderness with little to no tournament action in their areas. I live in the Chicago area which has two, perhaps three regular tournaments. So I'm gonna have to carry a lot of the weight if I want to increase Ganon's tier placement at all.
Not so fast, DLA. Philadelphia has a regular tournament or two, especially one on Friday (Woot!) so I'll try to do the best that I can to increase Ganon's placement as well (Hopefully I'll be able to play Ganon well in the tournament; I don't want to be all screwed up with Ganon in friendlies and go "Ahh, screw it, I'm running Game and Watch the entire tournament!" Ganon is so hard to play well and I'm way too inconsistent to win with him on a regular basis.)

you better master the running cg beforehand. Also counterpicking delfino can lead to lulz :p
Counterpicking Delfino is awesome. It's my favorite stage to couterpick when I'm Ganondorf. Trying to get the other guy in the water and then owning them with a massive spike is just too lulz to not use as my counterpick.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
It's nice to always see Kirk in at least the top 8. He has some great and innovative (and incredibly risky... but I guess Ike needs those) strategies.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
There's no evidence of Extra Inch DI, and everything i've seen leads me to believe that it doesn't exist.
It exist. Go do it on bowser's grab releases and you'll find that going diagonal with both sticks can allow some characters to escape certain moves that previous testing showed hit. For example it allows Ness to escape wario's grab release f smash and bowser's grab release to jab, those are the two I'm pretty positive on. Try more than once incase you don't get it the first time. Do not put the sticks in exactly the same direction meaning have the C stick slightly lower than the Control stick. I was doing this naturally with my fingers but I figured out today that they cannot be in the same position.

Doubt is good but you should have done more testing than to make a bold statement like that, makes people kind of lose faith in a lot of things you know?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
DK is stuck for 30, and the reason it is so hard to infinite Ness and lucas is because it doesn't work if they DI completely away.

DK is only stuck for 20 when others release him.

DK has 10 frames to grab Ness and lucas but the distance they slide is pretty much too far.
Ah thanks for clarification. I was always unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom