• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hehe, glad to see this topic is alive.
Still as vigilant as ever Ankoku.

I've noticed a few things, such as Ness being in C tier. That's quite an accomplishment.

Why is that?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Exactly how do you qualify who's "top 10?" After the top 8 there's four people who tie for 9th.

Hence

Smash Ace
I predict that at least six out of the top 10 in Genesis will have "MK" next to their name. >_>
Five at the most, and that's including an out of country MK. I'm unsure of who will be participating, but if Bombsoldier shows, he could likely fair well against many of the players at Genesis.
I'm predicting at least three Meta Knights will take top eight; M2K, Dojo, and Tyrant. DSF is a wild card if he brings his A-Game and Bombsoldeir if he happens to be participating from out of country.

@ Ankoku: You don't need to ask questions you already know the answer to (just to prove someone wrong), especially in a sarcastic manner. It is demeaning and in my opinion disgraceful coming from a moderator.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I see quite a bit of "top 10." There's two answer's I've gotten regarding it, and both are acceptable for me to tell what they're looking for.

"Oh, I made a mistake"
or
"The first two 9th's that are listed in the results"

Personally, though, feels a bit odd to get criticized for pointing out things that don't make sense.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Me, I predict 8 of the top12 will have MK next to their name. 2/3s sounds like a good number to me.

EDIT: I dont mean just MK mains. Anyone who used MK in brackets counts for me but Im sure thats what Snail was implying.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Me, I predict 8 of the top12 will have MK next to their name. 2/3s sounds like a good number to me.
So you say that there are 8 MK players, who will all outplace at least 4 of the following players: DEHF, Fiction, MikeHaze, Lain, Ally, Atomsk, NinjaLink ... that's only a few names I mentioned and your hypothesis is already extremely unrealistic.
Even if M2K, Dojo, Tyrant, DSF and Havok/TKD take top 12 placings there are still 4 spots that all have to be taken by MK only. That's pretty much impossible considering the competition...

:059:

Snail

Smash Lord
They don't have to be MK mains, they could just use him for a hard match or something. But yeah, you may be right that's it's not a very realistic prediction.

I don't really care how many MKs are in the top 12 as long as there aren't too many MK dittos in the finals because I find them quite boring to watch. I'm really excited and looking forward towards the videos and results though <3

Hence

Smash Ace
You missed the edit; even people who second MK count. They dont have to be complete MK mains like M2K or Dojo :ohwell:
DEHF, Fiction, MikeHaze, Lain, Ally, Atomsk, and NinjaLink (his examples) do not list Meta Knight as their secondary.

meepxzero

Smash Master
pretty silly thing to say when the last big national tourney apex. Had only 1-4 mks at top 10. And only m2k was the only mk only main at top 10.

This tourney is gonna be a mad toss up if all the mk slayers play well.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
See? There it is again.

Anyway, I would consider Ksizzle and Seibrik actual MK mains.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
DEHF, Fiction, MikeHaze, Lain, Ally, Atomsk, and NinjaLink (his examples) do not list Meta Knight as their secondary.
I wasnt talking about them. Ive just noticed that in other tournies mentionned in this thread, a lot of players who I believe to be notable are starting to second MK to complement their main.

Anyways, I dont want to start a huge discussion over this. Its just my prediction. ^_^

Hence

Smash Ace
See? There it is again.

Anyway, I would consider Ksizzle and Seibrik actual MK mains.
Your pet peeves are completely understandable, but it would be much more courteous to address their mistake in a straightforward manner. Trust me, mistakes like those bother me too. I'm sure you're incredibly tired of reading these types of mistakes because this is your thread, afterall. I commend you for that; it is a fine display of data.

Apparently Ksizzle mains Ice Climbers now, but whether or not they "main a charcter" should be determined only by the ammount of sets won with each character in a tournament. It is unfair to state that you main Lucario, for example, and use MK in 9/10 of your bracket matches. Not only would that make your data unreliable, but it would also deem any chance of determining if Meta Knight's dominance is overstated at the largest Brawl tournament to date.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
And i'll ask again.

Why is Link at the bottom if he has more points than every one in E Rank besides Samus?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He actually has 2.4 points at the time of the update. I just forgot to change his points value from Spring 2009. Doesn't matter, it'll be set right in the next update.

Browny

Smash Hater
SAGAFEST 2009 Brawl 1vs1
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236896&page=2
Adelaide, Australia
July 11th 2009
entrants 25 entry $12.5 (venue fee was $15-$30, some people only came for brawl so idk its hard to work out)
1 Ant (Snake)
2 DJBrowny (Lucario/Wario/Snake/Sonic)
3 W150 (Olimar/Kirby)
4 Hybrid (MK/Falco/Snake)
5 Chirpin (G&W)
5 Apollo (ZSS)
7 Desert Eagle (Fox)
7 Asura (G&W/MK)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Entrants: approx 340 [42 pools with average of 8 players]
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5687

1 Ally (Snake)
2 Mew2King (Meta Knight)
3 Tyrant (Meta Knight)
4 Dojo (Meta Knight)
5 DEHF (Falco/Meta Knight)
5 ADHD (Diddy Kong)
7 Fiction (Wario)
7 SK92 (Falco)

Nothing official, but tis reasonably accurate.

M2K and Fiction won doubles.
Larry used MK sporadically, according to Fiction it was 'frequent enough' though...

Snail

Smash Lord
Genesis
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141
Friday 10th – Sunday 12th of July
Antioch, CA
$20 Singles Entry, 292 participants.

1. Ally - Snake
2. M2K – Meta Knight
3. Tyrant - Meta Knight
4. Dojo - Meta Knight
5. ADHD - Diddy Kong
6. DEHF - Falco
7. Fiction - Wario
8. SK92 - Falco

So yeah o.o @ Above I believe it were 292 entrants? At least the AiB tournament page said so?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Most up-to-date rankings, no details: (last updated July 13, 2009)

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Falco, Ice Climbers, Diddy Kong, Marth, Wario, ROB, King Dedede
B: Kirby, Pikachu, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link
C: Fox, Pokémon Trainer, Luigi, Peach, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Lucario
D: Pit, Yoshi, Link, Wolf, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf
E: Samus, Captain Falcon, Mario, Bowser, Ike, Jigglypuff, Lucas
It's official: The Brawl Tournament scene is on some serious crack.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Well, based on these results, those placings you pointed out are normal as well. You mean Wolf's placing is a reflection of his potential (which I disagree with).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom