• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I can help you train Bwett. I'll make it my goal to make you get at least Top2 in your next tournament. Plus it will make me feel like I'm helping because I can't enter any tournaments myself due to me being in such an isolated area :'(

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wanna know how to kill a yoshi? footstool that *****es 2nd jump XD
Way to contribute to the discussion.

Seems like Yoshi hate always happens when I'm around >_>

Still, it's not that easy because A) Yoshi can Uair whoever is trying to Jump off of him Super Mario World style, and Uair owns. B) You can't interrupt an attack or airdodge with a footstool.

But this isn't the place for these kinds of discussions. This is about serious tournament results!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Have yoshi mains ever thought of just airdodging after you dj? >_>; I do it with Ness and it works for me...

Bwett

Smash Ace
Have yoshi mains ever thought of just airdodging after you dj? >_>; I do it with Ness and it works for me...
Yeah we do it, as well. It's because of that that makes Yoshi one of the most difficult characters to gimp since he also has the fastest horizontal air movement in the game.

Mmac, I'll totally take you up on your offer but I can't help but think online training is going to offer not much to a real life tournament =/

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@bwett-you keep getting fifth man with Yoshi. Step your game up. I bet you have potential for 1st.
But he's getting 5th with Yoshi at the same biweekly with roughly the same people, I'm assuming, every two weeks.

Now, if he places at a non-weekly elsewhere, that'll be a big deal... We're not really seeing Yoshi's do that, though. =/

Bwett

Smash Ace
But he's getting 5th with Yoshi at the same biweekly with roughly the same people, I'm assuming, every two weeks.

Now, if he places at a non-weekly elsewhere, that'll be a big deal... We're not really seeing Yoshi's do that, though. =/
You make a good point. However, I just want to point a little thing out to you. Just because I put Texas as the location doesn't mean it's all at the same place. Sure, the biweekly is, but I have posted several that aren't biweekly. Even if most of mine are biweekly though, that doesn't mean much at all. I've had people from New York and Oklahoma at my biweekly.

You see the same people on the rankings because these are some of the best players in Texas, not just Dallas, where I live. If you take a look at the tournaments I post, the ones that aren't from the Bwogo Biweekly, which I think there are about 2-3 of them, have roughly the same breakdown because when someone from Dallas goes to a tournament, we all do, and we place the same because we beat everyone else. So just because it seems the same and the same ranking is there, should you really lessen what I take great pride in? Not to take it too personally, but I kinda take that as a low blow, especially with the insane competition in Dallas.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You make a good point. However, I just want to point a little thing out to you. Just because I put Texas as the location doesn't mean it's all at the same place. Sure, the biweekly is, but I have posted several that aren't biweekly. Even if most of mine are biweekly though, that doesn't mean much at all. I've had people from New York and Oklahoma at my biweekly.

You see the same people on the rankings because these are some of the best players in Texas, not just Dallas, where I live. If you take a look at the tournaments I post, the ones that aren't from the Bwogo Biweekly, which I think there are about 2-3 of them, have roughly the same breakdown because when someone from Dallas goes to a tournament, we all do, and we place the same because we beat everyone else. So just because it seems the same and the same ranking is there, should you really lessen what I take great pride in? Not to take it too personally, but I kinda take that as a low blow, especially with the insane competition in Dallas.
You are taking it too personally. As somebody with a fair amount of experience in statistics, your data pool is too small to get a lot of meaningful data about the characters represented. Hence the entire list, and why Yoshi isn't flying high everywhere; there are discrepancies.

However, what I meant by my comment is that either you're the exception, or everybody else is. What you need to do is prove which one, and, regardless of the competition in Texas, etc., it's still the same competition over and over again, with you all getting better at roughly the same rates, thus meaning I'd have to ask you to do well at an even greater level to take your data more seriously.

It's good **** with Yoshi, but it still doesn't mean much =/

Bwett

Smash Ace
You are taking it too personally. As somebody with a fair amount of experience in statistics, your data pool is too small to get a lot of meaningful data about the characters represented. Hence the entire list, and why Yoshi isn't flying high everywhere; there are discrepancies.

However, what I meant by my comment is that either you're the exception, or everybody else is. What you need to do is prove which one, and, regardless of the competition in Texas, etc., it's still the same competition over and over again, with you all getting better at roughly the same rates, thus meaning I'd have to ask you to do well at an even greater level to take your data more seriously.

It's good **** with Yoshi, but it still doesn't mean much =/
Ahh, I see. In that case, you are correct. Sorry for the small rant lol.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
TOURNAMENT: GOML 1 Brawl Tournament
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185144
DATE: July 26th, 2008
LOCALE: Not sure, but it was from Canada.
ENTRANTS: 58
FEE: $15
RESULTS:
1. KingAce (MK)
2. Percon (Snake/DDD/Kirby)
3. [wt]Jigglethepuff (Jigglypuff)
4. Ambrose (MK/GW/DDD)
5. [wt]Bug (GW)
5. [wt]Meehow (MK)
7. NickCam (Wario)
7. GK (Shiek/ZSS)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Tournament: Yasumicon Brawl Tournament

Link: This was not advertised and it just magically occured at the last minute and the
people wanted me to run that tourney, sorry.

Date: August 2, 2008

Entrants: 35

Fee: $5

Results:
1: Needle of Juntah (Game & Watch)
2: Chaz (Marth, Snake)
3: 8-Bit (Snake, Meta Knight)
4: M!X (Snake)
5: Underground (Falco)
5: Gabriel (Wario, Diddy)
7: Abraham (Snake)
7: The author (Olimar)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah.
The character choice difference between regions is impressing (see: Peach almost A rank in Midwest).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Omg TL's going to E rank. I have to go to tournaments. =/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*looks at rankings*

Mario? Mario! Maaaaaaaarioooooooooooooo!!!!

Tier lists aren't based entirelly on tournament results, right? ...right? Mario's not the only character that would be royally screwed over if that is the case.

*points at above post*

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Is it just me, or does the best in E Rank have less than two points less that the worst in D Rank in the detailed rankings?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Is it too late to say that the Theorists about Brawl being more balenced than Melee Proven Wrong now?
Like, 1200 to 1.....
I laugh at that point diff.

600th post woot

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom