• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Yes, Jmoan used MK. Let's not misreport that.... Even Captain Falcon can make top 8 if he's stapled to an MK.

Milln

Smash Champion
The tourney I posted last page had 30 entrants. There were 6 pools of 5 and the top 3 from each pool went to a double elimination bracket. the results in the results thread don't show it though. You can count the earnings.
$210+$60+$30=$300
$300/$10($5 door fee was for the store to keep)=30

Jmoan used MK as well as Olimar.
Bracket Johns. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/georgetheplushie/Brawl1v1.gif

9: Milln
9: George
9: Chad

These three should've totally gotten Top 8.

But whatev. I'll just go to more tournaments. >,>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some people use one or the other entirely in certain matchups too, but use both in the tournament in general. Others will do things like switch mid-match, either to get kill moves when the damage is up higher, refresh stale moves, or when they start losing with one.

It's just like how having a secondary is better than just playing one character when you are actually good with the secondary too. Only you can switch mid-match.
I totally understand. I'm just saying that I think it's better to use them both b/c they compliment eachother's weaknesses. Sheik can rack much better and Zelda can kill much better. Eventually, people are going to catch on to this and won't be so stubborn to not use the other for tactical purposes. Of course, some people just like to use one of the two just b/c they like the playstyle the character has and dislikes the other. That's fine. I don't like MK b/c he's too easy to use and too easy to win with. That could be the case for some Sheik or Zelda only mains.

Is there an overall list that has been counting since the start?
You impostor!!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy cow O_O

How do you pronounce that? Like Dan G-R?

If it's like Danger O_O
It's pronounced Danger. Every tournament host that's called out my name for the next round has called it Dan-gee-are though. Everyone laughs. >_> You guys can call me Dan though.

Have you been using that name for a while? I want it back. ._.

Sorry for having this conversation in this thread Ankoku... I guess I can say some on topic stuff.

I'm happy that I was right about Diddy being high tier. People laughed at me in the beginning. I think he'll rise up to current GaW status(below top, above high tier) just like what happened in Japan. I predict he'll drop once people figure out how to get past his bananerz and he'll end up 6th or 7th overall.

Lucario-azen, azen, azen. Why don't you use Olimar? He's just as cool.

to that guy that commented about PT- I saw this PT main named Chad at the last tourney I went to. He placed 9th. He's #1 in the southwest melee power rankings. Figures.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Can someone provide a link for Japanese tournament results/current rankings? Is there any, btw?

Danger

Smash Cadet
It's pronounced Danger. Every tournament host that's called out my name for the next round has called it Dan-gee-are though. Everyone laughs. >_> You guys can call me Dan though.

Have you been using that name for a while? I want it back. ._.
I made this name in July. I would post on my other accounts but I don't want people calling me the wrong name and stuff.

Browny

Smash Hater
Why don't you use Olimar? He's just as cool.
lol, no. And stop assuming its only azen repping lucario. bloodhawk, d disciple and a few others i cant remember exactly have been placing high/winning tourneys as well

and i cant imagine snake ever declining below 2nd

Mmac

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or is Jigglypuff (1 top4) placed higher than ppl that have better rankings?
It was a main who used both Her and Peach, and placed high on a High Priced Tournament. She's going to be Unused again on the 22nd unless she ranks again

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I'm happy that I was right about Diddy being high tier. People laughed at me in the beginning. I think he'll rise up to current GaW status(below top, above high tier) just like what happened in Japan. I predict he'll drop once people figure out how to get past his bananerz and he'll end up 6th or 7th overall.
I don't think diddy will go that high, probably in the high tier(under R.O.B., Marth, Falco, DDD, G&W)

Ilex

Smash Ace
I'm happy that I was right about Diddy being high tier. People laughed at me in the beginning. I think he'll rise up to current GaW status(below top, above high tier) just like what happened in Japan. I predict he'll drop once people figure out how to get past his bananerz and he'll end up 6th or 7th overall..
I'd be surprised if Diddy ended up in the top 12, and top 7 is just unrealistic. This week is fairly off-center from the usual trend (Luigi in last?) so don't call anything yet.

MuBa

Smash Lord
I think Snakes won't go down by much. He's got way too many mind games to screw people over. My friends sometimes get baffled when they don't even notice when I C4 stick them or plant mines.
Also the sheer power and speed of his tilts are just plain destructive.

Snake is a powerhouse. He makes Ganondorf look like crap (Which he already is atm)

I just can't see Snake lower than upper tier.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I think Snakes won't go down by much. He's got way too many mind games to screw people over. My friends sometimes get baffled when they don't even notice when I C4 stick them or plant mines.
Also the sheer power and speed of his tilts are just plain destructive.

Snake is a powerhouse. He makes Ganondorf look like crap (Which he already is atm)

I just can't see Snake lower than upper tier.
Well he does have slow speed and has slow smash attacks.
And that very stupid u-smash slide.

MuBa

Smash Lord
His speed/power of his tilts more than makes up for his slow mobility. The only time it hurts him is when he's in the air along with his slow-and-powerful-aerials, but you can override that to a certain extent by dropping a C4 or quickly cancel a Nikita for a safe landing and continue with your monstrous ground game.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Not sure if this has been put up yet.

ECRC event #2 - XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.
1v1: $10 about 80 people?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187907
1: Azen --> Lucario
2: Chudat --> Kirby
3: NinjaLink --> Diddy Kong
4: m2k --> Metaknight / Dedede
5: Plank --> Metaknight
5: Omni --> Metaknight