• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I do love how you started showing the movement. Glad to see Ike, Fox, and Peach starting to drop. It's also nice to see DK, Pit, Kirby, and Zelda starting to rise.

Quick question, what 3 tournaments did Sonic win anyway? (I'm mostly interested in who won actually.)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Lucky won a tournament... somewhere... Mr. 3000 won a Texas tournament, either Trash Day or something else. I forget the third one.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
mr. 3000's apparently hot **** around here.

also, this is the most intelligent and accurate unbiased tier list i've seen so far, good job man keep it up.

Browny

Smash Hater
Diddy's smashes dont kill till like, 150%. at least everyone else above him has a more powerful smash. just watch some diddy tourney videos.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
If anyones interested in Sonic's known tournement results, I have a thread in the Sonic forum about it. Not everything is completely down because I don't have all the information but I am trying to get people to fill me in the best they can

Eggm

Smash Hero
I do love how you started showing the movement. Glad to see Ike, Fox, and Peach starting to drop. It's also nice to see DK, Pit, Kirby, and Zelda starting to rise.

Quick question, what 3 tournaments did Sonic win anyway? (I'm mostly interested in who won actually.)
DK would probably be a lot higher if the Ny weekly thread wasn't so annoying to find results in lol. Bum has split for first at every single NY weekly so far (i'm pretty sure). I also heard he uses like 75% DK and other chars vs like DDD. like luigi.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy's smashes dont kill till like, 150%. at least everyone else above him has a more powerful smash. just watch some diddy tourney videos.
But that's why he has his dAir spike kills (since it's easy to use vs. other hard to time spikes). You can kill opponents at extremely low percentages with that thing compared to almost every other spike (since Brawl's spikes tend to not be very good). Diddy chains attacks so well, so he could easily get his foes high up in damage, and even setup for a spike. While he's light, he's not too light, and his fB is simply **** (especially the **** grab, lol!). Diddy has a lot to work with, and is easily at least a high tier character with all the insane moves he has, and the ridiculous amount of priorety he has with a lot of them. Once we actually start learning the advance stuff with Brawl's edge game, Diddy will only go up even more.

And Sonic's 3 wins surprise me, but his results do not. After all, he's Sonic the f***ing Hedgehog! :laugh:

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember the exact order, but I've won two tournaments.

One with Wolf and I beat a Pikachu in the finals.

Another was a team tournament. My ROB and a Mr. GW beat a Sonic and a Kirby.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I need results threads, man. I can't just randomly add data without citing the source.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Online tournaments represent a significantly different metagame than live play, so no.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i tried to get everyone to create a character specific thread to relate to this but me and phanna are the only ones doing it because i stole/borrowed his idea

go on aib i guess

goodkid

Smash Lord
Sonic can be even higher, I think X won a couple of Utah tourneys in the Utah thread, but I can't seem to find it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
This list is really impressive. I'll be even more impressed if you keep it updated, it takes a lot of work.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll post this on behalf of this tourney, hope it helps;

TKI: UK's First Brawl Tourney: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158843

Singles -

24/05/2008
16-man bracket

1 Aiko- Wario
2 Coey- Marth
3 Koop- DeDeDe
4 GLadam- Snake
5 GAwes- Kirby
5 Fuzz- Shiek
7 Skalor- ROB
7 Yeniths- Falco
9 Kone- DK
9 Sieg- Metaknight
9 Tails Chao- Falco
9 Bullet Bill- Diddy Kong

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
NOt much of a teir list, just more of a popularity poll. I mean the trend he has observed will just continue if people mistake this as a tier list and start maining the "S" class chars.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anyone who mains characters solely based on tiers is destined to lose, anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Their previous position since the weekend of May 17... when I update again this weekend it'll be based on the previous positions since this week.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hm? Looking at the characters in the D and S rank... I'd say the game seems pretty balanced right now! I beat Snakes with Sheik all the time.

Browny

Smash Hater
Hmm, its kind of interesting when you look at this as a wins/(number of top 8/4 placements and wins), IMO this gives quite a good indication of a characters match ups versus top tier characters, and removes some of the error induced by popularity. Of course top 8 and 4 placements are worth something, but the way i see it, the reason why characters who consistently place high, but dont win, is because they have poor match-ups versus the usual suspects (MK, Snake, G&W, Dedede)

(this has probably been done before, i cant exactly find out)

when you look at it that way,

Wario 0.429

Sonic 0.25
DK 0.25
Dedede 0.245
Snake 0.24
Lucario 0.231

Pikachu 0.174
Ness 0.167
Pit 0.158
G&W 0.154
Luigi 0.143

Kirby 0.133
Falco 0.130
Ike 0.130
Shiek 0.125
MK 0.119
Toon Link 0.118

Peach 0.083
Zss 0.083
Ice Climbers 0.077
ROB 0.068
Wolf 0.088
Lucas 0.067

Fox 0.053
Marth 0.051

characters not on this list have 0 wins, therefore all have a ratio of 0

Dont criticize me for putting characters where you think they dont belong, this is nothing but a comparison of tourney stats, you cant argue the results.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Using that formula introduces a new problem - a single or a few players using a relatively unpopular character and doing relatively well with that character. This becomes especially significant for cases like Wario, Sonic, and Pikachu, who are rarely represented in the top eight by more than one player but when they are, are generally being played by very good players. It also horribly horribly punishes characters who consistently place high don't win as often, like Marth and ROB.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Failure.

Also Wario wins cuz of Futile.

He is a monster.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hopefully there will be a sheik/bowser placing well this saturday for your rankings

but probably not

i really dont like this game LOL

Gindler

Smash Champion
My God. Yoshi looks so pathetic on this, I guess if I place in the top 4 I'll let this thread know immediately, and that shouldn't take too long ;)

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm surprised Falco is in the C range. I haven't been to any tourneys yet, though I've been looking on AllisBrawl for local ones... Why is MK so good? Sure he's lagless in almost every way but... Don't the lack of projectiles account for anything?

Again, I'm just surprised that Falco is lower on the list, his SHDL is awesome, stunning the enemy for a followed attack... I know Dedede is good, I do well with him, but, I still don't see how he is considered great over a character like Falco. Dedede is a huge target, he's so easy to "combo" with Falco, and his recovery is easily gimped thanks to his spike.

Anyway, what am I blind to? As I've stated, I have yet to go to a tourney, though I plan to go 2 some when they pop up somewhere locally...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The rankings list only provides an interpretation of data. If you want to play theorycraft with the tiers, I suggest you post in the Official Tier List Discussion thread, as the only explanations I can give for Meta Knight and Dedede being so high on the list is "they've placed well in a lot of a tournaments."

Sliq

Smash Master
The rankings list only provides an interpretation of data. If you want to play theorycraft with the tiers, I suggest you post in the Official Tier List Discussion thread, as the only explanations I can give for Meta Knight and Dedede being so high on the list is "they've placed well in a lot of a tournaments."
Which is the best and only way to create an actual tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom