• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how He got a grand total of 17 ****ing wins in the full list, it shouldn't take too long.

Darn West Coast (Mosylt Futile) inflating Wario's numbers >_>

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Hi...
Where can I post tournament results? As I don't really know right now I'll post them in this thread. This was a 32 people tournament

1st Peach
2nd Diddy Kong
3rd Snake
4th Lucas
5th Peach
6th Lucas
7th Marth
8th Snake

the top 4 an top 8 places were etermined by the place of those who won the matches in 1st and 2nd place
As much as I'd like to see Peach winning a tournament (or even in the top8)...that list looks so fake.

Adapt

Smash Lord
On friday some characters had more placements

Ex: ZSS had 2 top8s, Lucario had 2 top2s, ROB had 4 top4s.
Where did these placements go?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
For those who don't know, no tournament results before May are being counted as the list is being made more modern as to omit the timeframe where we were still learning to play.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I also removed several post-June tournaments that I previously counted because they have fewer than 16 entrants.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Looks better, but I think you should round up each number to it's closest .5 or something. All those decimals seem unnecessary.

Browny

Smash Hater
even the big tourneys before may? i mean really, the effect continues. the abosulte domination of snake and MK in the early tourneys would have undoubtedly made a lot of people choose them as thier mains, which continues well on past may. this will just make the gap even wider than before imo. but i guess there isnt really any other way to do it :/

lol i just looked, the gap is almost triple after what, 2 weeks >_>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It'd be interesting to see what this would do (retroactively) to the overall and Spring lists. That would be a lot of work, so I'm not asking of you, but if you're ever bored, that's something you could consider. :p

For those who don't know, no tournament results before May are being counted as the list is being made more modern as to omit the timeframe where we were still learning to play.
Good, that makes perfect sense then.

But I guess we need to wait ANOTHER 3-4 months to get this thing to get decent amounts of tournaments in again -_-.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh, and change of plans on the whole seasonal thing; from now on I'm just going to be throwing away a tournament once it becomes more than two months (9 weeks) old. After a year, I'll raise the limit to three months, since Brawl's metagame may stop evolving as quickly by then.

Now that I'm separating tournaments by region, is anyone interested in me compiling a rankings list of each region, as well?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
it would be interesting to see regional charts, but keep a overall list as well.

i still also think we should track each character's results. phanna is doing samus and zss, and im doing sonic.

Oh, and change of plans on the whole seasonal thing; from now on I'm just going to be throwing away a tournament once it becomes more than two months (9 weeks) old. After a year, I'll raise the limit to three months, since Brawl's metagame may stop evolving as quickly by then.

Now that I'm separating tournaments by region, is anyone interested in me compiling a rankings list of each region, as well?
Eh..... I think 3 or 4 months would be better, but hey, if you wanna work that hard be my guest. Great stuff regardless.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow, look how much Olimar shot up. That's awesome!

Edit: this list is for june right?

itsover9000

Smash Rookie
sorry about the off topic

hey i just got brawl and here is my friend code if anyone wants to add me

4596-9257-7275

please put ure friend code as well

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Peach will be really low on this list, she's not really popular anymore -_-

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok so i am working on getting the names and characters for all the top 8 in the tournament and so far i have the top 7 i will keep working on getting #8's name but if i can't will you except it if i only have the top 7?

M@v

Subarashii!
no suprise about snake and MK. Lucario what the heck?! xD

Fox should be higher...at least B rank.. :( (I know im a fox main, but shhhhh)

whenever a tourney happens around here, ill play as fox and let you know how it goes.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that entry fee is really that relevant?
I think it was explained a few pages back...Basically, a higher entry fee = bigger reward = more competitive players trying to get the reward.

Basically it seems to be a skill indicator.

Honestly though, I don't think that a tourney that has a fee of 15$ should be worth three times that of one with only 5$. Something like this works in my opinion...although it would require a lot of work to change it all:

P = Points
B = Base
F = Fee
T = Amount of people

P = (B * T * (1 +( F/(F+5))))

Basically, if it was a 5$ entry, it would be 1 + (5/10) so 1.5...
A 15$ entry would be 1 + (15/20) so 1.75.

It doesn't have to be these exact numbers but something that would still give them an effect but without completely changing it based on a (more or less) unimportant facet.

Edit:::thinking about it again, it seems really hard to have something work without either being way to much trouble or way too inconsistent. What with the amount of people etc...there would also have to be another number to divide the entire equation by in order to give accurate results.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
wtf I was gonna be all like: "hey ******* I got top 8 with lucario at that legendary playntrade tourney"

then I realize you already updated the info from hugs.... thx for ruining the moment >_>

Fogo

Smash Shinigami

a set of regional lists would be **** fersure

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
June 2nd, Greenwood Indiana annual tourney
24 entrants
1st place prize $20
Name Characters
1. JJR.O.B.-R.O.B.
2. GIJOSH-metaknight
3. D-Snyde-Ike
4. JRAD-Wario
5. Peanut-Snake