• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Removals

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said that due to time constraints, there will be cuts. Which characters would you remove? Mine choices are:

-Wolf
-Pokemon Trainer
-Captain Olimar (or at least give him a better moveset)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
*facepalms* How many times do we need to talk about this?
That's it; I give up; I'm giving in and finally revealing who I want to see cut. The characters I want to see cut are Megaman, Dr. Robotonick, Mario, Error (from Zelda 2), and Kirby.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If anyone's getting something done to them in the direction of being cut/replaced, I would put money on Toon Link, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer.
I say Toon Link because I just get the feeling the little-Link will just change from each game. Don't quote me on it, because It's not based on fact. Just an inference on a yet-to-be-established pattern.

Lucario for the same reason. I like to think he replaced Mewtwo. So either Mewtwo will replace Lucario, or some other standing-up "awesome" style Pokemon will replace him. Zoroark, maybe?
That's not to say I support Zoroark. I support Mewtwo.

Pokemon Trainer I just want to cut. With my knife. Because his voice is anoying.
I really like Pokemon, don't get me wrong.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
This is not the place fore this, and what is wrong with olimar?? he has a unique moveset and is one of the best characters in the game

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to see a lot of these discussions. :upsidedown:

I see Lucario and Lucas for sure getting removed. I'm not 100% on Ike, Wolf, and Toon Link although it is possible. Ike has made a downloadable appearance on Fire Emblem: Awakening and I think he's making an appearance for the new game, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (I'm not 100% sure). That may lock Ike for the next Smash bros. I have mixed feelings whether or not TL is staying.. probably not if there's time constraints. But if they remove TL, they better improve Link more! :demon: Doubting Wolf is staying but if he does, I hope his moveset is different from Fox and Falco.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i think Toon Link, ROB, Wolf, Lucario or Jigglypuff (one of the two and i hope it's Jigglypuff), and Snake are getting the boot this time.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai said that due to time constraints, there will be cuts. Which characters would you remove? Mine choices are:

-Wolf
-Pokemon Trainer
-Captain Olimar (or at least give him a better moveset)
Cuts for Brawl veterans hasn't been proven. It could happen, but they haven't been confirmed yet. All Sakurai has said that not every characters from the previous games will return.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I highly doubt Wolf will be cut, because A) he's a villain rep, and it's hard to get playable villains into the series, (Bowser, Ganondorf, and Wolf are it, Dedede doesn't count because he's often a good guy so more of an "anti-hero,) and B) he's a more important Star Fox rep than Falco, who I think would be more likely to drop than Wolf. But if you really want to know who I think will be cut, here they are, from most likely to least:

- Lucario
- Snake
- Ike
- Toon Link

I don't WANT to see any of these go; matter of fact, I like all of them, but these are the ones I feel most likely. I really don't see any reason for PT to go, and Olimar is still the most important character in the Pikmin franchise, (he will be in all 3 games, as shown by Pikmin 3's Bingo Battle Mode; the fact that he's the second player instead of Brittany suggests to me that he may be somewhat important in the main story as well.)

grizby2

Smash Lord
what? I...

you know what? I'll just collapse my whole post...

ever since those few interviews with sakurai came out, these threads spread like wildfire...
but hey! I have a tip for you all!

before you say someone should be cut for being a clone, I suggest playing JUST those two characters for an entire day.
I am NOT kidding, seriously, I MEANT IT, NO JOKE, NO LIE, COMPLETELY HONEST, I SWEAR ON MY GRAVE.
I beg of you guys. just pop brawl in your wii, fire it up, and play as those characters and look at each move one-by-mother-lovin'-one. then, THEN, give good points about them.
or so help me, i'll put "detail" sauce all over my posts! :mad:

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Lucas
Jigglypuff
Toon Link - Unless they de-clone him.

These I would hate to go because they are unique but I want these less than the others:
R.O.B.
G&W

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lucas

Ness is enough to rep a series no one cares about :p

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I was slightly trolling about people not caring about it :p

But I don't think it's big enough to take up two slots, that's just me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Everyone will be cut. As soon as you push a button when you're on the title screen, the game will catch fire and your Wii U will explode so that nobody will ever know who was in the game. It's all part of Sakurai's plan to get revenge on the thousands of people that constantly flood his Twitter with stupid requests.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I was slightly trolling about people not caring about it :p

Haha, oh man, you're such a troll. So funny.

Off-topic but I hate these people who use the word trolling as a synonym for joking, by the way these "trollings" aren't even funny.

This topic is full of stupid posts, including mine, someone lock it please.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Toon Link

That is all. Well...maybe Falco if one of the StarFox characters had to go for someone else in the series.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Toon Link

That is all. Well...maybe Falco if one of the StarFox characters had to go for someone else in the series.
this is what im confused about. why does everyone assume that starfox will get a new character? the 3 they chose are perfect.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
toon link,lucas,lucario, snake, jigglypuff( x and y will save her)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
this is what im confused about. why does everyone assume that starfox will get a new character? the 3 they chose are perfect.
Everyone? No, I think only Krystal fanboys like myself think that. Not that I think that. No matter how much I want it to be true.
As for why people are Krystal fanboys, well I can't speak for everyone else, but I am because, of all the Starfox characters she would have the most interesting moveset, hence why I would have rather have had her then Wolf. But Brawl choose who it choose, and so our odds aren't good.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Why should Wolf get removed? If a SF character gets ousted it needs to be Falco, Wolf is the closest thing to a villain character that SF has. Falco can easily be replaced by someone like Krystal who has potential for a nonclone moveset.

Also, as much as I love Pokemon Trainer that entire concept for a character needs to be dropped. Spending the time to craft 3 characters in 1 is a horrible idea when you could spend that same amount of time on other characters in multiple other franchises.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Well excuse me for getting tired of seeing dozens of threads that serve the same purpose over and over again. Isn't one enough? V_V

Even the endless Fire Emblem discussions were better.
I never implied there were not too many character removal threads. I was sharing a picture I thought you might like.

In fact, I liked the first post that was against this thread.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
- Pokemon Trainer (Great idea on paper, but so garbage in actual application. Plus, they can add in 3 characters in his place! See Project M)
- Toon Link (I've always hated the whole double link)

Those are really the only characters I have a problem with. Toon Link is a stupid clone with a slight move set modification and either needs to be made original or replaced with Tetra or with a new character from a different franchise!

Like damn, I'm so mad at how they shaped his moves. How can they not give him a Deku Leaf up B recovery like Peach? Lol like make it work like hers, literally a (dare I say it?) like a clone. Ugh and everything else like Project M Toon Link's move set and he wouldn't be on my list. Seriously the PM team are cleaning up Sakurai's mess. Did I mention that I love Project M? :cool:

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I actually forgot toon link XP
If they gave him a different moveset that represents the awesome games from that line of the series (Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, etc.) he could be justifiable. I actually almost edited my post to include "with the exception of Toon Link" but I kinda like the little guy.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Here is what I don't understand about people on message boards. If you don't like a thread, why do you even bother posting in it? Who cares if it exists? Let the people talk about what they want to talk about. It's really not that big of a deal. I swear, some people just need to get laid. lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Here is what I don't understand about people on message boards. If you don't like a thread, why do you even bother posting in it? Who cares if it exists? Let the people talk about what they want to talk about. It's really not that big of a deal. I swear, some people just need to get laid. lol
It's not the thread that matters. It's what other people post. In a thread like this, one person will say something like: Oh I don't like this character he should be cut from the next game. There are some people who get very upset about other people stating who they think should be cut. Sadly some people just refuse to accept other peoples opinions.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
It's not the thread that matters. It's what other people post. In a thread like this, one person will say something like: Oh I don't like this character he should be cut from the next game. There are some people who get very upset about other people stating who they think should be cut. Sadly some people just refuse to accept other peoples opinions.
It's a GAME. Sure it is fun to speculate and chat about it, but it is nothing to get upset or butt-hurt about.
Relax: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuQRWEKt4pg :bluejump:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's a GAME. Sure it is fun to speculate and chat about it, but it is nothing to get upset or butt-hurt about.
Relax: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuQRWEKt4pg :bluejump:
I can understand people who are big fans of games for whatever reason (plot, characters, theme, gameplay, etc) would get upset about how others would treat it at times, but some people just take things to far.

It's sad, but that's how people are.

Top Bottom