• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Character specific strategies for Roy

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
it's the weight dependent hitbox that allows puff to be OHKO'd since she is extremely light, so yes, it does matter.

up tilt > rest is better than all of roy's setups into blazer since the up tilt is much safer than jumping and works more universally than down tilt > blazer.

keep in mind that puff is usually in a position to not get hit by anything threatening since it's easier for her to hit you with a bair than it is for you to hit her with pretty much anything. when she's not in the air, she can also crouch, which avoids nearly everything roy has.

edit: flaming isn't very nice, but i won't report you for that

Last edited:

_____Andrew_____

Smash Apprentice
it's the weight dependent hitbox that allows puff to be OHKO'd since she is extremely light, so yes, it does matter.

up tilt > rest is better than all of roy's setups into blazer since the up tilt is much safer than jumping and works more universally than down tilt > blazer.

keep in mind that puff is usually in a position to not get hit by anything threatening since it's easier for her to hit you with a bair than it is for you to hit her with pretty much anything. when she's not in the air, she can also crouch, which avoids nearly everything roy has.
Yes, I know it allows puff to get OHKO'd. How do you not understand what I'm saying? I said if we are already talking about the specific matchup, it doesn't matter that it's weight dependent and doesn't KO other characters, it KO's jigglypuff and that's all that matters in this matchup. Did you go to preschool?

T^2

Smash Cadet
"Weight dependent" doesn't matter when we are already talking about the specific matchup where the other character is plenty light enough.
Right, the hitbox that one hit kos puff depending on location on the stage is the reverse weight-dependent hitbox of blazer. That's what I was referring to.

Edit: the weight-dependent part is what refers to a certain part of the blazer hitbox, not the matchup in any way

Last edited:

_____Andrew_____

Smash Apprentice
Right, the hitbox that one hit kos puff depending on location on the stage is the reverse weight-dependent hitbox of blazer. That's what I was referring to.

Edit: the weight-dependent part is what refers to a certain part of the blazer hitbox, not the matchup in any way
I'm getting confused about this conversation. What do you mean when you say that the hitbox is weight dependent?

_____Andrew_____

Smash Apprentice
The knockback that the hitbox provides is dependent on the weight of the character hit
Well those are a mix of percent and weight/fall speed, whereas this is 100 percent based on the weight of the character
True, this doesn't depend on percent, but falling speed still matters in the same sense that it matters for any other attack.

T^2

Smash Cadet
True, this doesn't depend on percent, but falling speed still matters in the same sense that it matters for any other attack.
For the weight-dependent hitbox, I don't believe fallspeed has an effect in how far the move sends the character

_____Andrew_____

Smash Apprentice
For the weight-dependent hitbox, I don't believe fallspeed has an effect in how far the move sends the character
Fall speed doesn't affect the speed at which an attack launches you, for any attack.. However, for attacks that send you upwards, higher fall speed will make you lose your vertical velocity faster, so you don't go as far.

T^2

Smash Cadet
Fall speed doesn't affect the speed at which an attack launches you, for any attack.. However, for attacks that send you upwards, higher fall speed will make you lose your vertical velocity faster, so you don't go as far.
Yea I know that, but this hitbox is so unique I don't know if that factors in or not. And I dont think there are two characters in the game that have the same weight but different fallspeeds to test it out with

_____Andrew_____

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't make sense. It doesn't depend on the hitbox, your falling speed just is your falling speed. The only thing that's different about this hitbox is that it has 0 knockback scaling with percent. I can't think of any reason why falling speed wouldn't matter...

T^2

Smash Cadet
That doesn't make sense. It doesn't depend on the hitbox, your falling speed just is your falling speed. The only thing that's different about this hitbox is that it has 0 knockback scaling with percent. I can't think of any reason why falling speed wouldn't matter...
I was just saying I wasn't sure if it affected this hitboxes knockback because it is so unique within the franchise

Last edited:
Top Bottom