• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character stereotypes

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
No harm done. :3

lol It's the only thing we can do.
Yeah, I understand that it plays a large part of Zelda's ground game, but I meant those frequent Zeldas in BB that don't even use moves like Nayru's Love or basically any of her tilts at all, and barely even get up in the air to attack there at all most of the time; they'll instead resort to the (what becomes) very predictable up smash when they feel they can catch you with it.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I hate those kind of Zelda players. They really take me for that much of a fool? Give me some credit here, I'm about to own ya. XD

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Lmao are there more these memes?

Yeah you don't wanna be caught in our smash attack. However if a Zelda relies on that, they're going to get KO'd pretty quick because it's easy to screw them over.

In my opinion our biggest weapons are Down Smash, Up Tilt, Forward Smash and Dins Fire (For basic brawl definitely)

And our dash attack is pretty damn good when it's fresh. Being a Zelda is fun if you don't get raged by a Meta Knight or Snake lol.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's most dangerous moves on BB are dtilt, usmash, nayru's love, din's fire, dsmash, and fsmash.
Noobs always get caught in these moves no matter what :/
Her best real option is Down-B

Dash attack is also really bad. If Zelda used it, it means that you kept shielding her din's fire and she had to approach...

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Lmao are there more these memes?

Yeah you don't wanna be caught in our smash attack. However if a Zelda relies on that, they're going to get KO'd pretty quick because it's easy to screw them over.

In my opinion our biggest weapons are Down Smash, Up Tilt, Forward Smash and Dins Fire (For basic brawl definitely)

And our dash attack is pretty damn good when it's fresh. Being a Zelda is fun if you don't get raged by a Meta Knight or Snake lol.
I actually found that pic as someone's avatar here on the forums. Not sure if there are any others, but I saw a Wario one once that read: "Break motorcycle, throw wheels at you," or something along those lines. Lol.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Most Kirbys in BB are 2-faced. Just saiyan. They have no problem betraying another player...
Yep, it's true, I know. The Kirbys in BB give no justice to the character, and everyone's liable to assume that any given Kirby player they come across will automatically suck (no pun intended), too, sadly. And I can't quite blame them either... They're all horrible. And Kirby's such an easy character to get good with, as well.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
But for some reason, most don't seem to be any good with Kirby at all...
Which is why Kirby's actually a tough match-up for many online-goers, as I've actually discovered. People aren't used to playing against him at such a level, or really taking in note of what he can actually do. Usually every person I've faced 1-on-1 over Wi-Fi tells me that Kirby isn't an easy fight for them, and I can perfectly understand why. No experience with a good one ever, whilst variations of pros for practically every other character out there exists much more frequently, whether it be on BB or TB.

And I have to admit myself, I'm getting tired of seeing "pro" Marths trying to act fancy, Lucas's who think they're automatically good because they can show off themselves magnet pulling or zap jumping (hell, usually every Lucas I come across nowadays can do that sort of stuff; it's getting old), or Peach's just glide tossing turnips every time they throw one and somehow think it'll never be predictable. We need more "pro" variations of characters like Kirby, Wolf, Yoshi, Lucario, etc., because the rep. they've earned online isn't exactly a good one...at all.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Sure as hell isn't. My 12 year old bro mains Lucas and HE can zap jump and do other tricks. Don't even get me started with Wolf........"If I spam fsmash, I can win." -.-

Zulo

Smash Ace
Which is why Kirby's actually a tough match-up for many online-goers, as I've actually discovered. People aren't used to playing against him at such a level, or really taking in note of what he can actually do. Usually every person I've faced 1-on-1 over Wi-Fi tells me that Kirby isn't an easy fight for them, and I can perfectly understand why. No experience with a good one ever, whilst variations of pros for practically every other character out there exists much more frequently, whether it be on BB or TB.

And I have to admit myself, I'm getting tired of seeing "pro" Marths trying to act fancy, Lucas's who think they're automatically good because they can show off themselves magnet pulling or zap jumping (hell, usually every Lucas I come across nowadays can do that sort of stuff; it's getting old), or Peach's just glide tossing turnips every time they throw one and somehow think it'll never be predictable. We need more "pro" variations of characters like Kirby, Wolf, Yoshi, Lucario, etc., because the rep. they've earned online isn't exactly a good one...at all.
I know what you mean, it's just fun to be fancy with Marth. I show off with other characters too though. Including my Zelda. You don't see a lot of Zeldas who know their ATs. Lucario sometimes are good, but I agree about Yoshi. And while a lot of Wolfs are like how Sephy described, there are some decent ones. Never seen one show off his side-b canceling on the ledge though, which looks really cool when done right.

Kirby I've learned to be wary of if they don't spam stone. Don't have a lot of experience with Kirby, like you said, but it's still not my hardest matchup. If I ever have to fight a good Luigi though.. Oh god what do I do. -arrowarrowarrowarrowcampcampcamp-

Sure as hell isn't. My 12 year old bro mains Lucas and HE can zap jump and do other tricks. Don't even get me started with Wolf........"If I spam fsmash, I can win." -.-
But it's usually true.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I've only seen one good Yoshi, ever.

The rest of those I rarely see.

And very few wifi Marths are pro.

There is the spammy noobs, then the noob that THINKS he's pro because he can wavebounce his shieldbreaker. Then there are the few skilled players.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I surprised no one mentioned ike as noobish. Are we finally becoming respectable or do you just don't care?
Wavebouncing sb is just as bad as me using quick draw to recover...just that don't go helpless.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Ike is probably the top of the character stereotype list.

:ike: Spams smashes, gets *****.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Hmmm, maybe more like this:

:ike: Spam smashes, HOLY CRAP I'M WINNING!?
...then gets *****...

Wtf? How'd I post twice?
"Please wait 30 secs until next post."
Add "...then gets *****..."
Now post.
O_O? TWO!? -.-

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
:ike: Charge fsmash, hope it hits.

Thats how i get 90% of my kills. :awesome:

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I'm actually always able to hit noobs with that attack quite well, usually.

:falco: Spam lasers, side b past opponent and fail

trufax
I've Never Seen A Falco Camp Like That And Actually Pull It Off In Basic Brawl
It's More Like
:falco: Throw out a move. Hope it kills

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
:wolf: Go offstage trying to gimp opponent, fail to recover.

:troll:

I've Never Seen A Falco Camp Like That And Actually Pull It Off In Basic Brawl
It's More Like
:falco: Throw out a move. Hope it kills
I met a Falco once who did nothing but that. Literally. Lol.

@CK: But your ACTUALLY pretty good, unlike others...
Yeah, for whatever reason, some people don't know that holding "left" on the control stick will make Jigglypuff turn around and roll the "other" way... as if that was so difficult to find out; and instead, they just keep rolling until they either SD or are too far to recover. Derp...

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
^^
I hate Jiggz like that. When they try to rollout for a kill I just laser them. Sometimes they get confused and stand there for like 2 seconds. Free Smash of Choice 8)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
My opinions:

:metaknight: A good player who probably used to play a low tier, and is now sick of this ****.

:sonic: Probably a weird sonic fan who is wearing too much Sonic merchandise. Oh, and they're loud.

:falco: A black man trying to win some money.

:peach: Very aggressive player who stays fabulous.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
My opinions:

:metaknight: A good player who probably used to play a low tier, and is now sick of this ****.

:sonic: Probably a weird sonic fan who is wearing too much Sonic merchandise. Oh, and they're loud.

:falco: A black man trying to win some money.

:peach: Very aggressive player who stays fabulous.
LOL @ the last three.

:fox: Opponent's health is low, spam upsmash.

:troll:
:glare:

:kirby: Spam WoP, grabs, B and Uair, :troll:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Zelda's most dangerous moves on BB are dtilt, usmash, nayru's love, din's fire, dsmash, and fsmash.
Noobs always get caught in these moves no matter what :/
Her best real option is Down-B

Dash attack is also really bad. If Zelda used it, it means that you kept shielding her din's fire and she had to approach...
If you can actually play Sheik. Lots of players on BB don't know Sheilda is a very effective character, I just prefer to stay Zelda (though since I'm so used to spamming turnips I press down-B as Zelda).

Dash attack is awesome, unless you're using it to KO.
I actually found that pic as someone's avatar here on the forums. Not sure if there are any others, but I saw a Wario one once that read: "Break motorcycle, throw wheels at you," or something along those lines. Lol.
Yeah, it's Fuujin's. iirc he made it. There was this Donkey Kong one that said "Get hit; don't care." xD

FIREL

Smash Ace
If you can actually play Sheik. Lots of players on BB don't know Sheilda is a very effective character, I just prefer to stay Zelda (though since I'm so used to spamming turnips I press down-B as Zelda).

Dash attack is awesome, unless you're using it to KO.

Yeah, it's Fuujin's. iirc he made it. There was this Donkey Kong one that said "Get hit; don't care." xD
They used that name in the DK community combo....

Top Bottom