• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Taunts/Crowd relations

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I'm not sure if taunts have been discussed to this level, but I wanted to suggest something that I think hasn't been mentioned (to this extent, anyway.)

I think the taunts should get a makeover. Instead of a taunt that virtually does nothing (with the exception of Luigi), I think the taunts should be expanded so that they prove useful. For example, let's say Peach does a taunt that can heal 1% off of her current percentage (maybe she blows a kiss to the audience or something), or when Mario grows large, he can temporarily walk around and stomp enemies. The possibilities are endless.

I also think the taunt could be a move to increase your audience approval as well. Maybe the audience can choose a favorite and a less-favorite (and the less-favorable fighter who is doing the worst can get a tomato thrown at them every once in awhile.) I think with the audience on your side, can perhaps increase your speed or stats.

Instead of using this in regular matches, it could be a separate mode?

Caael

Smash Lord
I think the audience idea is a bit off. You're getting a bit Paper Mario here.

But the taunt's are spot on. I would love to see more effects with them ( But with Mario able to grow big at will is a bit much) I mean, Young Link's taunt took so long to pull off, and you didnt get anythign out of it.

Top Bottom