• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Usage and Color predictions

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Well, it's close to release, and I'm sure everyone is hyped as hell and is looking for things to pass the time... so, why not spend 20 minutes with warchamp's roster creator and try to order each and every character by how often you think you'll use them, and which color/alt costume/gender you'll most likely use?

Here's mine:

The first and second row are definite mains / secondaries for me. Meanwhile the last row are characters I'll rarely use. For Wii Fit Trainer in particular, I'll probably go on like a "Color/Gender of the Day" basis and use all of them randomly. And for Villager I bet I'll mostly play as the females.

I can't wait to see some more rosters : D Try not to forget anyone!

Last edited:

Spirst

Here's mine:

Left to right and top to bottom are order of most to least usage.

Jynxed

Smash Rookie

I generally prefer the standard colors, but I couldn't resist the following swaps:

Toon Link's "A Link to the Past/A Link Between Worlds" coloration
Yoshi's purple (I love purple)
Charizard's yellow (so pretty)
ZSS's and Shulk's nudity (so controversial)
Dark Link (scary)
Dark Samus (too scary)
Dark Pit (oh wait that's not a recolor)
Wario's original coloration
Captain Falcon's pink helmet (too masculine)
Ness's bubble shirt (pop)
Pikachu's party hat (time to party)

Zuby

Smash Journeyman

I'm not going to use Sonic, Mega Man or Pac-Man.

The Mii Fighters weren't in there and I have no idea how they work, but if you can use them in regular VS matches then:
Swordfighter between Captain Falcon and Link
Gunner between Dr. Mario and Meta Knight
Brawler between Zero Suit Samus and Jigglypuff

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I'm too tired to figure out how to get this to work so I just figured I'd tell you I chose the Black alt for every character that had one.

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
So thats how you guys made these on your signatures. I was really curious how you guys made those.

I like Robin. A lot.

Last edited:

Vini300

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vini3000
For me, it's going to be this one:
The last row is pretty much characters I won't use due to having no idea how to play them or simply disliking the character's playsyle (looking at you, DHD).

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
upload_2014-9-29_21-12-45.png

I always like to sort my usage into tiers. Cutoffs are as follows.
Tier 1: Fox-Ike
Tier 2: Kirby-DK
Tier 3: Wii Fit-Luigi
Tier 4: Sonic-ZSS
Tier 5: Robin-Samus
Tier 6 (This is getting to the part of the roster that I don't plan on using out of specific character tourneys/mix up competitions with friends): Dedede-Zelda
Tier 7: Larry-Rosalina
Tier 8 (This is where I don't intend to use any characters except for one classic run to get their trophy): Charizard-Toon Link
Tier I have no idea who I forgot because I listed Kirby twice
Tier Wario: Wario

I used no alts in Brawl, and won't use alts for most characters in 4, but there are some good ones. I love wire frame hoodie Mac, making DH look something like my dog, shirtless Shulk, and black Samus in particular.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

fix 4 directions

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh, I thought that this was gonna be about predicting certain character costumes that were gonna be used way more than the rest. Like black Greninja, Fierce Deity Link, and underwear Shulk.

Although I guess Sakurai did a good enough job that most characters are gonna have at least 2 equally popular costumes. For Duck Hunt it seems split between dalmatian dog and the brown one that people said looked like Banjo Kazooie. And I suppose I've seen a decent amount of red Greninjas to go along with the black one.

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
Wow, that was harder to do than I thought- not only have I not played the game, but I had a very hard time prioritizing different characters. Take it all tentatively, as I'm sure it will change in about 4 days!

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915

No specific order, and most likely as time passes, this list will probably drop to about 1 main and 4 secondaries. We'll see. :p

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
Too much work to pick an entire roster...so here's what I plan on starting with:

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
Probably could shift a few characters around, but it is accurate enough. I am assuming Mii Fighters are not to be included.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This is anticipated and highly likely to change.
Screenshot_2014-09-30-08-58-32.png

linhgame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Linh-Game
3DS FC
1736-0779-8050

Will mostly use Wario in for Glory and my Bruce Lee Mii at other modes. The ones not shown is the ones I don't care about at all. Those in the black boxes are my favorites who got cut in the game.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Colour predictions are probably accurate for the most part, but beyond the first row the ordering of characters is more or less meaningless. :p

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I couldn't really do that, but I made my top 24! Just imagine the others in any order. Read it from left to right.

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 8.07.09 PM.png

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

Only plan on maining Zelda and Sheik but I played a lot of Link in the demo and he just feels right this time. He was slow and bulky in the past but he is very mobile this time and his moves are a lot faster. I could see myself having a pocket Link in sm4sh because he is very fun to play. Rosalina caught my interest as soon as the reveal video was released so I can't wait to try her out. All of the characters have a great selection of colors this time! I will probably rotate between these 2 colors for each character.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I like green.
Can you tell?

You like green on everyone but the characters that are originally green like Luigi, Bowser, Link or Yoshi.

I don't know what color I'll be using for every character but I've already decided to use gray for Greninja. No one seems to be using that color which is something I like. Plus I like gray a lot and it also reminds me of Mewtwo.

Spirst

You like green on everyone but the characters that are originally green like Luigi, Bowser, Link or Yoshi.

I don't know what color I'll be using for every character but I've already decided to use gray for Greninja. No one seems to be using that color which is something I like. Plus I like gray a lot and it also reminds me of Mewtwo.
Definitely using gray 24/7 now just to spite you.

Top Bottom