• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Ger-Bah

Smash Rookie
Hm, interesting. I'll have to keep on eye on this list for any favorable changes! Personally, I'm wishing (and hoping, but not necessarily that CPU could rock a beat) for at least a mention of "Klonoa". Not a complete and utter impossibility, he was on the GBA quite a few times, and it IS Namco.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Whatever asianpride, that's your opinion. I say Boshi rules, you say he sucks, I could care less what you think and I’m sure that you share the same sentiment for what I have to say. Anyway, I really don’t care is Boshi makes the cut or not, I’m more concerned about my all time favorite, SONIC!
~~Master Sheik out.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
This is what I think in regards to Geno.

If you think about it, the 'Hand Cannon' that Geno would use in SMRPG is very much like Samus' charge shot (or whatever it is called.) Do you think they changed Samus' look so they could focus Geno to be a more projecticle like character? That's just a guess and an observation.

I liked Mallow much more as a character, but as Kokichi said, he's a marshmallow/puffy like character, and we already have Kirby and Jiggly Puff who already fit that description.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Im not saying anything. Im trying to say what people say has been established and you should stop making 3 pages of boshi hating/loving.

I was just saying that to get past it and go to my question, but that obviously wont work here.

I dont know what a Boshi is.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
MookieRah said:
Antioch is gay for not wanting Megaman. Seriously dude, you should be shot!

ooh, so because of an opinionative statement i make for a game which character ideas are being submitted by japanese gamers... automatically my sexual preference has been altered?

i apologize for your personal issues, mookie. T__T

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
asianpride3491 said:
Im not saying anything. Im trying to say what people say has been established and you should stop making 3 pages of boshi hating/loving.

I was just saying that to get past it and go to my question, but that obviously wont work here.
**Master_Sheik Blushes**LOL, asianpride....I'm sorry. I thought you were bashing Boshi like a few ppl that I will not name, LOL. Anyway, I'm tired of talking about Boshi too!

Kareokacola, that's an interesting observation. Who knows? I had originally thought that Samus simply lost her armor after a super attack, but...I guess this is another surprise that Nintendo has in store for us.

Nomis, why don't you and McFox start a Boshi hate thread! :evil: I can’t believe all of this hatred directed towards Boshi! I can only assume that someone had trouble winning the race against Boshi in Super Mario RPG. LOL, but seriously guys, it was just a suggestion…it’s not like I’m a Boshi fanatic, I just think that he would be an interesting pick, so get over it already.
~~Master Sheik Out.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Kereokacola said:
This is what I think in regards to Geno.

If you think about it, the 'Hand Cannon' that Geno would use in SMRPG is very much like Samus' charge shot (or whatever it is called.) Do you think they changed Samus' look so they could focus Geno to be a more projecticle like character? That's just a guess and an observation.

I liked Mallow much more as a character, but as Kokichi said, he's a marshmallow/puffy like character, and we already have Kirby and Jiggly Puff who already fit that description.
And how exactly did they change Samus' look?

http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revo.../super-smash-bros-brawl-20060510074459623.jpg

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Well, for one thing. Let's establish something. Samus and Zero Suit Samus are two different characters, it's possible that they will both be featured in the game. Secondly, if they are both one in the same, to answer your question Bento, she doesn't have her armor on. I suppose you can argue that this is Samus's original form, but for newcomers....this is not the Samus that they all know and love.

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
asianpride3491 said:
Does anyone have a Master List of these characters or do i have to filter through 6 pges of forums to figure the list out?
What list? If you want a list of characters mentioned on the Japanese smash site (which is just a bunch of suggestions from fans that may or may not go into the game) then look at the first page of this thread. If you want a list of confirmed characters, there's a sticky for that.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Until this point, I didn't even know what Samus looked like. So yes, to many viewers, her look has changed, also for the fact that in the past two Smash's, she had all of her armor on.

BentoBox

Smash Master
And she still will. Zero Suit Samus is simply a seperate character(they wouldn't have an artwork for an unexistant character now would they ;) ). So I still do not get how they changed her look to focus on Geno... As Samus' original form will still be in the game~

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Alpo said:
What list? If you want a list of characters mentioned on the Japanese smash site (which is just a bunch of suggestions from fans that may or may not go into the game) then look at the first page of this thread. If you want a list of confirmed characters, there's a sticky for that.
I skimmed a few posts and saw that people kept editting the list and stuff, so i was just wondering if the first page was still fully current.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Mmmm...glad to see the anti-Boshi discussion has stopped.

In related news, though, Yoshi needs to have a black color palette. If I get to play as friggin' Black Yoshi, then I can honestly say that I do not care how sucky they decide to make him.

Geno would be awesome. I think that people are forgetting that this is a fighting game and not a shooter, though. While Geno has his arm cannon, that can't be all he does. But I digress.

On a final note, I think Jigurdo quoted from the list on the first page is Sigurd.

Lord Sigurd. I believe Fire Emblem buffs will recognize him as the strongest Lord in Fire Emblem history. Good stuff. For those of you who've played Path of Radiance and said, "Ike is the MAN!" Well, Sigurd makes Ike look like a five year old child with no arms. Or something.

So yeah, to recap.

Black Yoshi. Geno. Lord Sigurd. Good ish.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Just chipping in my 2 cents to say that as long as Geno, Little Mac, and Megaman make it in, I'll probably die of coolness overload. They can put Sonic, Ryu, hell even Tanooki Suit Mario, just so long as those three get in. King Dedede would be cool as well, and Hammer Bros. Suit Mario would BREAK THE GAME, yo.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Wow, the response to Geno is much better than I'd ever expected. I wonder how many other people wrote Sakurai essays to praise the name of Geno. Seriously I claim all the cool points that come with the idea, because McFox stole it from me. :p

Then again looking at all the other characters on the list, these might be the ideas he's rejecting.
[I'm such a worry-wart]

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
asianpride3491 said:
I skimmed a few posts and saw that people kept editting the list and stuff, so i was just wondering if the first page was still fully current.
it seems current. well, as current as we can make it, deciphering the japanglish.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
...i don't remember. =) i'll go check it out.

hmm. i see it in the japanese, but it won't come up in the translator for some reason. so that means no.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Megaman: SSBB needs megaman! Or even better, Zero! Their moves would work seemlessly into the controls already used (which, it seems, will probably be kept for the newest addition to the series).

King K Rool/ King DeDeDe/ Geno: I approve.

Waluigi: He bloody well should be in here! If they add in wario and jip us out of him I'll be livid.

Costumes: I remember going to a Tournement (recently, and my first actually) and we all went over how unique costumes would be great. I hope that they do that though, but that would take a LOT of modeling... I'm hoping, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Clones: Everyone who is already a clone should _really_ become different enough to not be so close with the model and animation (unless it can't be helped). Anyone who can't be different enough (like Dr Mario/Mario and the proposed Yoshi/Boshi) should just be molded into the same character.

D1

Banned via Administration
McFox said:
Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno
McFOX HAVE MY BABIESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
ArichTheViking said:
What are the chances that Nintendo of America Localization translates this stuff like promised?

dunno. but i see no reason to wait for them. this will be the Brawl updates for the time being, and i for one want to scope it out ASAP.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Dude, that poll list is terrible. And someone enlighten me why everyone wants Geno in it? Whats so special about that thing? Yes, I played RPG.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
ooh, so because of an opinionative statement i make for a game which character ideas are being submitted by japanese gamers... automatically my sexual preference has been altered?
Straight up dude :-P. I should have thrown in smileys on my first post, cause I definitely wasn't serious when I posted that.

I still don't know how someone doesn't want Megaman in the game. That makes me sad :-(.

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
You might see that character called Sigurd make it in. He was in Fire Emblem: Geneology of Holy War for the Super Famicom. The only problem is, I think he rode a horse. I'm suprised that Leaf wasn't listed, since his game, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, was a more popular game in Japan, and Leaf is fairly popular on his own right. But regardless, Sigurd will probably get a lot of votes in Japan, and I wouldn't be suprised at all to see him in SSBB.

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
kilroy said:
the cute technician Sawayama (?) (this is entry #54)
I have a feeling that this is a real person and not a video game character. I have no basis for this assumption other than the fact that the rest of the entry seemed to talk about how development would have been without Sakurai.

kilroy said:
entry #56 is incomprehensible to me, but it's supposedly about characters
After a bunch of research, the best I could come up with is that "hundred human one necks" refers to Hyakunin-Isshu which is a particular group of 100 ancient poems by 100 different poets.

Ok. I know that sounded silly but the mention makes a little sense.

Former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi founded a museum about these poems and (I think) Nintendo has released a card game based off of it. Nintendo apparently also plans on making it's first ever animated movie based off of it as well. Everywhere I look says it's slated to release in 2006 but I can't find any news that's more recent than June of July of 2004. Maybe it's already out, looking at entry 56.

That's about what I could muster up. It seems like a longshot of an idea that has little-to-no chance of being implemented. What a waste of my time :p

Edit: apparently I say "apparently" too much... apparently

Shiri

Smash Chump
Kingdom said:
You might see that character called Sigurd make it in. He was in Fire Emblem: Geneology of Holy War for the Super Famicom. The only problem is, I think he rode a horse. I'm suprised that Leaf wasn't listed, since his game, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, was a more popular game in Japan, and Leaf is fairly popular on his own right. But regardless, Sigurd will probably get a lot of votes in Japan, and I wouldn't be suprised at all to see him in SSBB.
:yoshi: Sigurd will do just fine even if he technically was a Lord Knight.

The horse isn't necessary. But he can use it Odin-style for his special (speclatespeculatespeculate).

But yeah, I think it's the fact that he's more popular than Leaf, despite Leaf's game being more popular, coupled with the fact that Sigurd > ALL. Just me thinking out loud, though. Not saying I want him in or would refuse him in...just saying.

Since Meta-Knight and Pit are in, I'm content with what I've seen so far until the game comes out. I don't have time in my day to worry too much about a game that I can't play yet. ^_^

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
Don't get me wrong, I think Sigurd's awesome. Really, i think we need to see Marth, Sigurd, Leaf, Roy, Eliwood, Ephraim, and Ike. It's a little sword-heavy, but I'm just thinking out loud too.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Why Geno?: Because he's the stereotypical "I'm cool and smart and all that" character. And he has guns in his arms. Which shoot stars. And technically, he _is_ a star. That's just plain cool.

Gimpyfish62 and Magikoopa: Wow, never thought of that. That would be one fun smash bro.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I wouldn't call Geno a stereotypical ANYTHING? He's a wooden doll possessed by a benevolent spirit from the heavens.

The closest archetype to that is Jesus or Hercules.
But they didn't have a cape.

Top Bottom