• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
You obviously didn't read some of the earlier comments on Petey did you? The only thing he's good at is vommitting crap at you and making noises that sound like a choking walrus.

Petey = crap. If we need another Mario character, it'll either be Geno (the most likely of this list), Kamek, or E. Gadd. (That last one is my prefference. Instead of FLUDD Mario and Poltergust Luigi, why not combine them into one single character?)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Dude, awesome. Takamaru again, AND Thomas :laugh: This couldn't be getting ANY better!

*crosses fingers Sakurai gives Takamaru, Sukapon, and Thomas special consideration*

EDIT:

No offense, Sniffnoy. Just wanted to scan the letters myself :p

161 -- Mentions he loves Metroid, and Zero Suit Samus made his father blush (I think that's what he was saying). He wants the rest of the Star Fox team, including Krystal, AND Wolf in the game. Oy... another Wolf guy >.>
162 -- Heh. Sounds like one of the guys at Gamefaqs. He says that Boss Pakkun, AKA Petey, appears in every single Mario spinoff title. This one should be no different. All his moves should be from Sunshine.
163 -- Just talks about new character designs and better graphics. Ho-hum.
164 -- Some father saying he and his son are big Metroid/Smash fans, and that they both enjoy Zero Suit Samus. Meta Knight and Wario are also welcome.
165 -- Holy. This guy wants a lot. He starts out by saying Link's Uncle from Link to the Past was revived at the end of the game, so he can fight. Takamaru is mentioned again as a cool character idea. Dr. Mario is mentioned, but the game, not the fighter: he specifically wants the Blue Virus. He wants an Urban Champion Duo, it sounds. Sukapon is also mentioned again! Score! He also wants to see people turned into eggplants by the Eggplant Wizard :p Then he wants Dr. Wright from Sim City SNES. Then... "Ready" of Donkey Kong? NO idea. Thomas from Kung Fu, and then some generic infantry from Famicom Wars. He then jokes that he has a good memory that never quits :p No crap XD
166 -- Doesn't mention any specific characters. This person starts by saying it's cool to see 3rd parties can join, then mentions not to forget Nintendo too. Says Advance Wars, Golden Sun, and I think Panel de Pon would be good additions for ideas. Names and items being dropped are cool, but trophies and music would be better. Just wishes Sakurai luck after that.
167 -- Wants Fox. Badly. I think they are in love with him. Can't wait to see how he looks
168 -- No characters, but cool suggestion: he says he loved Kirby Superstar, and wants to see Dyna Blade's music in Brawl. I did enjoy that track a lot myself :p
169 -- Requests a few Mother 3 tracks to be in the game. "The Home of the Mother" and "Railroad in this Village" Anybody care to indulge?
170 -- Something about continues. Kinda lame.

Sakurai -- This is what Samurai was talking about. I won't get into it, because I'm mostly unable to infer what it's saying, but he is pointing that some people are good, some people are bad, when it comes to Smash, and that's a little sad because it's not fair to everyone. That's what I got, at least.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
169 -- Requests a few Mother 3 tracks to be in the game. "The Home of the Mother" and "Railroad in this Village" Anybody care to indulge?
"The Home of the Mother" is either the main theme that plays throughout the game at several points (the official Mother 3 website had and probably still has it up for download I think. ) including the prologue or the music that plays while at Flint's house. I get a few of those tracks mixed up a lot. "Railroad in this Village" I'm guessing deals with the train tracks/train station in the newly urbanized Tatsumarii Village in Chapter 4. I never played that far yet, I just read a lot of spoilers.

Sniffnoy

Smash Cadet
171-180

The latest batch, according to Babelfish...

175 - talks about Zelda; actually talks about how powerful she should be, it seems? I don't know.
176 - talks about Ganondorf; can anyone tell what he's saying?

None of the rest seem to talk about characters.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
FlipTroopa said:
Okay, I am lost. Kutsupa is not a character, just a generic word. He uses it in his letter when talking about Falco, and then I ran into it on a quick Google search used with Mario characters. It must be victory or something.

i believe Kutsupa is Koopa.

in japanese, it'd be written: Kuppa. the middle p is denoted by a small "tsu" between Ku and Pa. Bowser is known as Koopa in japan.

list is updated.

i'm stoked that Thomas got mentioned. =) oh yeah! Kung-Fu lives! i'd main him in a second.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
...the blue germ? Tom Nook? WTF?!!? That seriously makes no sense and I do hope that Diddy and Dixie arent an Ice Climbers clone (i.e. Bananas instead of ice etc.)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I just did a quick scan of the newest entries, and a good chunk of them are music. So, unless anyone really wants to hear about those, I'll just mention what little character bits were said, like what Sniffnoy pointed out.

#175 wants Zelda, and they want her to be even more powerful than she was in Melee. The guy also mentions Sheik, but not by name; just as a unique aspect of Zelda, that she can be a princess, but then turn into a graceful ninja. So not a direct request, but it's an allusion to keeping Sheik around as a part of Zelda.

#176 wants Ganondorf, and he goes into how he was more of a developed character in Wind Waker, with a more human presence.

Again, the rest are just music requests. Star Wolf's Theme is asked for in there, and so is some music from Metroid Prime (I couldn't place the location; something "floating"? I'm a little tired to think hard about it).

Also, if you're curious about Sakurai going "a black man appreciated Roy!" like a man ripped out of the 17th century, the last accepted letter is a guy from South Africa, who apparently can speak Japanese. That's what incurred his weird response.

EDIT: He just updated, along with Snake, the newest batch of 10. Aye caramba... gimme a few.

#181 - holy crap. A lot of FE stuff. Not bothering to read the whole thing, but he talks about how great Marth is, how great past FE suggestions are, and how badly he wants that Akaneia stage that was promised for Melee :p
#182 - Music. Meh.
#183 - BOYS? Break out the happy juice! It's the first official Golden Sun character suggestion (squeals can be heard from across the internet). Who is this character he refers to as "Robin?"
#184 - Wants Panel de Pon characters. Mentions some specific crap that I think has to do with music and general "they want in!" banter. Specifically he is asking for Lip and Furil (Lip's daughter in the Nintendo Puzzle Collection remake of Panel de Pon)
#185 - A little hard to understand. He's suggesting items, in particular Bombchus, and a universal version of Mr. Game and Watch's bucket. He also wants characters to get custom beam sword colors, if I read that properly.
#186 - He is asking this: "Is pursuit Noboru my participation probably certain?" Anybody got a clue?
#187 - Random blathering. Says he likes Pikachu. Good for him.
#188 - Suggets a few ideas, a little hard to understand. He mentions Band Brothers and Cheer Group as participating, though not as characters I don't think. He suggests music and a stage, and I think the Band Brothers/Cheer Group thing was a suggested replacement for the audience cheers? They rock out/dance for you if you do good :p
#189 - Okay, another hard to read one. He ALSO asks for "pursuit Nobora." Who is this that the translator keeps screwing up? >.> He wants music, specifically Corneria from Star Fox and a few tracks from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. He mentions an upgrade to Master Hand or something, too.
#190 - Asks if Meta Knight will have his anime voice.

Sakurai - Confirms the above question :p

EDIT PART DEUX!:

Just checked. Robin is Isaac, so Isaac from Golden Sun has been suggested :)

Still not a clue on pursuit Nobora

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
Exodecai101 said:
if they include Petey Piranha over Waluigi i'm gonna be pissed >_<
I could do without Waluigi. Petey's cooler plus the Mario guys need more villian types.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mr.Starone said:
I could do without Waluigi. Petey's cooler plus the Mario guys need more villian types.
You're both wrong. Waluigi and Petey Pirahna suck equally.

And thanks Flip. I knew he was talking about the voices somehow.

So Metaknight's going to have his anime voice in Japan, I wonder if that applies to us English-speakers as well.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
You're both wrong. Waluigi and Petey Pirahna suck equally.

And thanks Flip. I knew he was talking about the voices somehow.

So Metaknight's going to have his anime voice in Japan, I wonder if that applies to us English-speakers as well.
i don't recall any of the in-game character voices changing for the japanese voicetrack on melee, so i don't imagine they'd re-dub metaknight for us/eu/aus.

*edit* translated from the toukouken main page:

? June 9th (the gold) it continues depending acceptance and renewal, to 17:00.
After that closing, whether 'it will devote to [sumabura] X' development, that.
When 2007 once upon a time, the game is possible more, looking at time, because this it keeps starting, in the pleasure!

what does that mean? =) are they ending the poll on 6/9 now? just curious.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Sm00th_Crim1nal said:
WTF no Sonic on the poll?!
not as of yet. it would appear that perhaps he's not as popular in japan. but i doubt that sakurai isn't aware of the insane amount of focused desire for this character over any other character out there.

keep hope alive.

GenG

Smash Lord
Sakurai also says that the Pit's voice is being dubbed by Minami Takayama (Conan Edogawa in Detective Conan or Yaiba).

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Specific characters from that list I want in Brawl:

King K. Rool (DK Country)
King Dedede (Kirby)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Ridley (Metroid)
Jeff (Earthbound)
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Mia (Fire Emblem)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Wolf (Star Fox)

The rest just... don't appeal to me. Come on.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Jeeze, they just did 3 new updates. Fungus covers a few of them, but I also saw:

Somebody refered to as 'Banker' from Mario Paint.
Garret from Golden Sun
Somebody called "Saw-Saw" from a Mario game

Also, can anybody point out where Ayumi Tachibana was mentioned? I must have missed that one.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Wahey! some more Golden Sun lovin' keep it up sexy beasts.
I took alook at what i think this is all coming from but just got loads of question marks, im assuming Sakurai is in the grey speach bubble at the end? he said anything about Golden Sun? Much appreciated if anyone could tell me, so thankyou in advance.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Holy crap. I'll get to that stuff later >.>

And thanks for the appreciation guys. I'm no SamuraiPanda, but I know my way around engrish and Nintendo lore, so I figured I'd take up the mantle :p

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Sporkman said:
Wahey! some more Golden Sun lovin' keep it up sexy beasts.
I took alook at what i think this is all coming from but just got loads of question marks, im assuming Sakurai is in the grey speach bubble at the end? he said anything about Golden Sun? Much appreciated if anyone could tell me, so thankyou in advance.

no golden sun words from sakurai.

icy, i don't think there's a specific ayumi reference, but others say otherwise.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
THEY MENTION MUDDY?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

*splooge*

Edit: Okay, I SHOULD be filling out applications, BUT I really really want to find Muddy in this mess :laugh: Screw getting a job for the summer! :p

#191 - I THINK this is asking for the glove with the fly swatter from Mario Paint. What the heck else could it be from that game? Another really screwed up suggestion v.v;;
192 - Ganondorf. He wants him in the game badly, with the same moves from Melee. He says it's satisfying to have the Warlock Punch be successful and blast people off screen in one hit :chuckle:
193 - I think he wants as Smash Bros. anime, but I'm not sure. He mentions the animation, an OVA, and using VAs already.
194 - Really really excited about Kid Icarus. Sounds like a Japanese me. He points out specific areas in the game to be used as stages, and says that if they're looking for characters still, Paulutena, Medusa, and [nasubi] would be excellent choices.
195 - Jokes about Snake, and asks that Meta Knight get his theme from Revenge of Meta Knight. Also wants Kirby Air Ride music.
196 - Story about his life. Nobody cares :( Likes Pikachu.
197 - Story about his life. Nobody cares here either :(
198 - A poem of some sorts about Yoshi. I guess Kutsupa IS Koopa, because Yoshi is Yostsushi. Weeeeiiirrrd.
199 - Wants Krystal. Badly. Like a disease. Not really... But he goes on about what she could do, and gives her backstory, including General Scales.
200 - Asks the release date.

Sakurai -- Can't reveal release date, because game is still being worked on. He wants it to be perfect, so just hold your horses :lick:

GenG

Smash Lord
That Saw-saw is a mistraslation. It's Nokonoko, the Koopa Troopa we all know.

Stico

Smash Rookie
Medusa, Takamaru, Isaac and the Banker from mario paint would be cool to see in ssbb.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
flip, the entry mentions Mole Mania, but i don't think muddy specifically. when i looked it up i just picked the main character, as that seemed logical.

also, what was that nasubi reference in kid icarus? i can't place it among the villains.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
201 - Wants Captain Falcon back. Also wants Falcon Punch to change. Not sure if that means nerf it or make it stronger.
202 - Wants Rainbow Road music in the game. Wants Kid Icarus music in the game. The guy remarks that there was a Kid Icarus tune Sakurai liked... Not sure what that means. He also wants Sound Test to return.
203 - Okay, he wants Isaac and Felix, both from Golden Sun, then Koopa Troopa and I THINK Paratroopa. He mentions attaching a feather and giving him more oomph, but calls him anything BUT patapata (in the Google translation, that is)
204 - Haha. This guy talks about how much he loves his Nintendogs. He wants them to come in all the varieties possible in Brawl.
205 - AH! This guy wants Zamus and Samus as separate characters. He says it's unfair to Samus fans, and the means to do it are probably limiting too. He also mentions that it takes away Zelda's uniqueness. He also mentions that Samus's eyes should be visible, and that she needs a voice, though he remarks that Zero Samus can take care of that for her. He does use the old "it ruins Samus's balance to make her transform" argument as well. OTHER THAN THAT... He wants Wind Waker Link, to bring balance if they're going to include TP Link.
206 - Wants "Ashley's Theme" in the game, from Wario Ware. lol
207, 208 - Meaningless. Though 208 says Kawashima would be funny as a cameo.
209 - W. T. F. Can't read what he's saying; it's written like bad poetry. I THINK it's Baby Mario, but do not take my word for it.
210 - Just praise for Sakurai.

EDIT:

KILROY - No effin' clue. I looked it up myself. Is it Eggplant Wizard? Or Reaper? Those are my guesses *shrugs*

And now, it has come out it is not with the form where pit you are very groovy with [sumabura] X or!!! In this it became favorite surprise & [parutena]!!
With with the notion that where you say [parutena] and [medeyusa] and [nasubi] because and so on, to use in [sumabura] X, even it is a little good you think that we want coming out. If possible, we ask also music and stage!!

EDIT II:
It's Eggplant Wizard :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Nasu is Japanese for Eggplant, so it's only logical to say Nasubi is Eggplant Wizard, right? :p

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm doing the third batch, so stand back, and sorry in advance for double posting >.> just gets cluttered otherwise; I'd run out my message to Kilroy

211 - Wants music from Mother.
212 - Specifically asks for the Athletic music from Super Mario Bros. (??? Not sure what specific track; SMB had only one track for the overworld stages), the Underground Music from Mario Sunshine (running through those sewers), the Battle Music from Pokemon Red/Green (Blue), and the music that plays when you open a chest in Zelda
213 - Can't understand him. He either wants Pikachu to say, or wants him to leave, or wants him to be nerfed (why??). He does say that other Pokemon deserve a spot too, but Pikachu's the number one Pokemon to use.
214 - Wants Kirby to be strong again, like SSB64. He also applauds Meta Knight.
215 - King K. Rool. Does anyone know what naniga means? he ends a sentence with it...
216 - Chain Chomp, specifically the one called Bow-Wow from Link's Awakening XD
217 - Wants Mole Mania to have a force in the game, presumably with Muddy as its rep. He jokes that Muddy and Snake should have a rivalry (...isn't that mongooses? XD)
218 - Wants Detective Club characters, specifically the teacher, the pupil, and the girl in rear? huh?
219 - NO WAY. NO EFFIN' WAY! It's MARX! FROM KIRBY SUPERSTAR! ^____________________^
220 - Wants cool credits

Sakurai - Can't understand. BUT FRIGGIN MARX!! ^__________^ WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** this is all sounding good, I just wish somebody would hurry up and voice out Sonic.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Lots of cool stuff today/tomorrow(I can't believe they decided to GO FORWARD IN TIME!)

Those Golden Sun peeps you kids have all been clamoring for are now represented, plus Marx, who I don't expect but would be insanely cool.

Top Bottom