• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This is the first time I saw an AT and wanted it to be a playable character... looks so cool..

But then again maybe he wasnt included because he shoots and uses a beam sword.. something megaman might use. .. maybe.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd like to see who everbody thinks are the 3 or 4most likely newcomers for brawl. Not characters that you wish to see, just characters that have the greatest chances.

I think Krystal has the the greatest chance, period. Second would be Captain Olimar, though I'm not too fond of him. Ridley and Geno also seem very likely imo out of sheer popularity. I swear I hear something about these two everywhere I look on smashbros forums. I know close to nothing about either, but I think Sakurai would be a fool to not include them in some kind of form.

Why do you think captain olimar could stand on equal grounds with fighters? at least captain falcon has muscles and stuff... olimar.. is small and directs pikmin.. Id say megaman has more chance than he does.

Grod

Smash Apprentice
Dude, why is everyone so excited about Geno? He's not a significant character for Nintendo (at least it seems to me), and he's not even cool looking. Where did all this random Genomania come from, anyway?

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
Geno and Captain Olimar, I can almost guarantee you wont be PC's (Actually I can't guarantee but I can bet on it)

I can see Captain Olimar as an Assist Trophy comading his Pikman to charge on screen, but not like how the Exitebike AT works, more like a swarm of Pikmen that could climb platforms and jump and stuff, like a flood of water, only Pikmen. They should also be attackable just for kicks and while they fly they can still damage oponents who are in the flying Pikmen's way.

Geno wont make it into the game, unless the whole Mario RPG 2 rumor thing has some truth to it than MAYBE youll see a Geno trophy

Boofer

Smash Ace
Geno and Captain Olimar, I can almost guarantee you wont be PC's (Actually I can't guarantee but I can bet on it)

I can see Captain Olimar as an Assist Trophy comading his Pikman to charge on screen, but not like how the Exitebike AT works, more like a swarm of Pikmen that could climb platforms and jump and stuff, like a flood of water, only Pikmen. They should also be attackable just for kicks and while they fly they can still damage oponents who are in the flying Pikmen's way.

Geno wont make it into the game, unless the whole Mario RPG 2 rumor thing has some truth to it than MAYBE youll see a Geno trophy
I bet that at least one of the two WILL be playable. Mark my words. If I win you'll have to send me your soul either when the game comes out, or when one of them is revealed on the dojo.

susu_atari

Smash Ace

Olimar SHOULD be playable because the Pikmin games are so good. There aren't REALLY any limitations to any possible characters, considering that video games are a very free "canvas". The plausibility of a character is limited only by their popularity and Sakurai's imagination.

Weruop

Smash Ace
You probably shouldn't look at Peach's B move then.
You should probably realize the Toad Peach uses is not the one from Supermariobros 2 obviously
and that he is both generic and specific, as is yoshi
and that Peach doesnt even use a full sized toad, which i know, cuz there is a much bigger one in adventure mode in melee.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
This is the first time I saw an AT and wanted it to be a playable character... looks so cool..

But then again maybe he wasnt included because he shoots and uses a beam sword.. something megaman might use. .. maybe.
you know... there are like 4 characters with swords, and DeDeDe won't be in Brawl 'cause he uses almost the exact hammer as Ice climbers...

MetaDrake

Smash Rookie
I Think...

I've been talking to my other friends about this and we all think that sora or riku or maybe even mickey should be in brawl.

Who's with me?

MetaDrake

Smash Rookie
I aggree all the way, they have a lot of moves for a move set
Oh yes the moves would be amazing and he would be amazing in the air and his projectile would be like his wisdom form ohhhhh yes and the keybaldes could change with each variant... oh he would be so great :D

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Yes it seems unlikely but i mean look at snake i would have never thought that he would be in ssbb

Yes, that IS true. lol If Snake hadn't of been one of the first five characters that they showed would be on the game and was instead presented later on, everyone would be like "wtf"? Say for intance that Sonic was presented first and then everyone would be going crazy talking about who else would be on the game on these forums, not a lot of people would really expect Snake to be one of those people. xD So if you really think about it....as long as a non-Nintendo character has had atleast one game on a Nintendo system, then there is a chance for them.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
"I bet that at least one of the two WILL be playable. Mark my words. If I win you'll have to send me your soul either when the game comes out, or when one of them is revealed on the dojo."

DEAL, but If you lose you most email to me everything you hold dear in life.

... and you must email them

Through a Gmail account.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for Double post but how bout we talk about 1st part characters, Im pretty sure theres a bunch not announced yet, and the whole Toad argument I find intresting.

Also I always had this issue in my head with the amount of Pokemon and Mario characters in the game

IF they add Lucario as PC then there would be PT,Pikachu, and Jigglypuff basically confirmed but if they bring back Mewtwo there would be a total of 5 from one series, and thats alot already also Mario's crew is built up of Mario,Luigi,Peach and Bowser. Thats one less then the Poke's and its Nintendo's main series! So that means to me were getting 2 or 1 new Mario guy (or maybe converting Yoshi, but the images say no) or not adding Lucario.

Thoughts?

Boofer

Smash Ace
Sorry for Double post but how bout we talk about 1st part characters, Im pretty sure theres a bunch not announced yet, and the whole Toad argument I find intresting.

Also I always had this issue in my head with the amount of Pokemon and Mario characters in the game

IF they add Lucario as PC then there would be PT,Pikachu, and Jigglypuff basically confirmed but if they bring back Mewtwo there would be a total of 5 from one series, and thats alot already also Mario's crew is built up of Mario,Luigi,Peach and Bowser. Thats one less then the Poke's and its Nintendo's main series! So that means to me were getting 2 or 1 new Mario guy (or maybe converting Yoshi, but the images say no) or not adding Lucario.

Thoughts?
I do think we'll get at least one more mario character, but you've also got to remember that some series' are spinoffs of the mario series. Wario, Yoshi, and even DK could be considered almost part of the mario series because they're in alot of mario party games. So really, mario-related series' have a good amount of rep already compared to poke'mon. It all kind of depends on how you look at it.

I think we'll get geno, bowser jr., or both. I'm leaning towards geno though.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
where is Sonic in Sakurai's polls and journals? Does that hint that not all characters playable have to be in either? I really hope so, some of those journal characters are extremely boring.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
I do think we'll get at least one more mario character, but you've also got to remember that some series' are spinoffs of the mario series. Wario, Yoshi, and even DK could be considered almost part of the mario series because they're in alot of mario party games. So really, mario-related series' have a good amount of rep already compared to poke'mon. It all kind of depends on how you look at it.

I think we'll get geno, bowser jr., or both. I'm leaning towards geno though.
Makes sense, I hope they see it that way also.

You also brought uo Bowser Jr. I TOTALY forgot about him (and I just beat Mario Galaxy tsk tsk tsk)

I can see him comming in over Geno by a long shot though

My 3 Nintendo Characters for Brawl are

Ray 01
Bowser Jr
King K Rool (I think thats how it was spelt ...)

Also has anyone else noticed that the update that showed the colour changes only showed 4/5 of mario's costume changes? Does that mean that Mario has Doc's costume change and there just hiding it so that it would be a surprise or something?

P.S ( I said 4/5 since the 6th costume is the original right)

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

Thoughts?
The only excuse I could think of for Pokemon would be that there is so many friggin' Pokemon now. How many is there now? Like, 500? :ohwell:

Boofer

Smash Ace
Makes sense, I hope they see it that way also.

You also brought uo Bowser Jr. I TOTALY forgot about him (and I just beat Mario Galaxy tsk tsk tsk)

I can see him comming in over Geno by a long shot though

My 3 Nintendo Characters for Brawl are

Ray 01
Bowser Jr
King K Rool (I think thats how it was spelt ...)

Also has anyone else noticed that the update that showed the colour changes only showed 4/5 of mario's costume changes? Does that mean that Mario has Doc's costume change and there just hiding it so that it would be a surprise or something?

P.S ( I said 4/5 since the 6th costume is the original right)
Yeah, I changed my mind. You're probably right about bowser jr. I want Geno more, but Jr. has a better chance. I wouldn't count Geno out though, especially after seeing that poll.

Top Bottom