• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that are straight forward

aeghrur

Smash Champion
To be honest, Sonic is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO straight forward for noobs.
I mean it, it's like this:
Spindash, aerial, spindash, aerial, spindash, aerial, spring, spindash, aerial, smash, smash, smash, repeat. =/

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Marths and MK's are notorious for spamming fair to approach.
Marth vs. MK has to be the "fairest" match on wifi if you catch my drift.

EDIT: tbh, on the casual level every character seems pretty straight-forward. Just the opposite if you're looking to play competitively.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Meta Knight, Marth, Rob, Mario, and Dedede are all that I can think of at the moment.

Marth, I think, is VERY straight forward.

Glick

Smash Lord
I think jigglypuff is very straight forward. You basically jump and kick with her. The only real thing you need to know is dair to rest but many people, including myself, rest when the opportunity strikes.

Dacus is something to know, but its not very useful unless your on a professional level.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Cambriel, there is a very good reason as to why people constantly claim that Ike's metagame has stopped and he has no potential: Most people aren't very smart.

Ike may have been "Ganon+Ragnell" at the start of Brawl, but now I'd hardly call him straightforward.
XD.

Yeah, I'm quite aware of this, I'm just trying to find every excuse I can to post the new chain grab. XD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Without chaingrabs...ICs are still pretty good. o___O

But umm...anyway, a non-QAC Pikachu is disgusting. I've never seen one that didn't use QAC and was successful.

Oh yeah, Chain Jacket is ********, and Gimpy wins without Tilt Locks.
Without chain grabs, the Ice Climbers would probably be low middle tier. Are you sure you're not talking about King Dedede?

I wouldn't say the technique is THAT important to Pikachu's metagame. I find it hard to believe that using it would heavily weight whether or not a person can win with him or not.

Refering one player is never a good idea and, truth be told, there are a lot better Shieks.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Without chain grabs, the Ice Climbers would probably be low middle tier. Are you sure you're not talking about King Dedede?

I wouldn't say the technique is THAT important to Pikachu's metagame. I find it hard to believe that using it would heavily weight whether or not a person can win with him or not.

Refering one player is never a good idea and, truth be told, there are a lot better Shieks.
Gosh... Fatmanonice. Pay attention to me will ya?
Refer to my long post on the previous page (the first one). Thanks.

Neb

Smash Lord
The majority of Brawl's cast has a small learning curve.
Whats that proving?

And G&W is the most straighforward, thats why you'll get your ***
cut in a tournament if you don't know what your doing.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

No, I'm talking about Ice Climbers. Desynching is bananas. You can still win without grabbing.

And Mister E made a good post about the Pikachu thing. Much better than one I could do. You should check that out. XP

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Anyone who says ICs are stright-forward... need to research. >.>
Pika is kinda meh, no many use QAC, and his moves are pretty straight. Heck, I can sorta use Pika quite good. <.<;

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Anyone who says ICs are stright-forward... need to research. >.>
Pika is kinda meh, no many use QAC, and his moves are pretty straight. Heck, I can sorta use Pika quite good. <.<;
Agreed on IC. Those who say IC are straight-forward needs their head checked.
Really, I don't think any character is very straight-forward other than MK.

B0mbe1, you might be a "decent" Pikachu right off the bat. That's not even likely, but is possible. Though you still have a lot to learn if you want to play Pikachu like... THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6boOKl674kI

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me, but rob's aerials have a really odd timing (except the fair) making him not that straight forward.

You may also add wolf, imo he's the second "pick'n'bash" character after ike.

I laughed at this. His recovery is clearly not the best.
4real
10wolf

AAP

Smash Journeyman
DK.

Except against Dedede. Other than that, he's pie.
how is no one else saying DK. His game is all spacing, he doesn't even have any AT's to learn. some of the most complex stuff with him might cargo throws and what not. In a lower level of play DK could probably win with jab , f-tilt and f-smash alone

Top Bottom