• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that if they're absent, it's a deal breaker for you.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Shulk: There's so many reasons he should be in the game that I don't even feel like listing them.

Falco: My main in both Melee and Brawl, even though I don't even play the latter anymore.

Captain Falcon: It's Captain Falcon. Let's be realistic here. If Falcon isn't there, I quit everything forever.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm a practical man. I'll play with whoever Sakurai decides to let in. I'd like certain characters and will be slightly disappointed if they don't get in, but I won't sulk about it.

The only absences I could not excuse are the basics: Mario, Link, Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Captain Falcon. Nintendo better reveal Falcon and Yoshi soon... after all, the trailer would have been so much better had it had a FALCON PUNCH!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dealbreaker to me sounds like if a character is not in I won't buy the game, is that it?

I have no such demands, since I'm more than happy with Mega Man (2nd/3rd most wanted, tied with Little Mac).
The only character I've wanted since freaking Super Smash Bros 64 has been Mike Jones from StarTropics 1 and 2.

At this point I barely mention him nowdays. My expectations are just THAT low. Despite him being a 1st party protagonist exclusive to the western countries.

Would be a bit of a bummer if Saki, Isaac, and Takamaru miss the roster this time as well.

But like I said. With Mega Man I'm set. And a heavily hinted Little Mac has me extremely happy as well. I couldn't ask for more.

p.s. Sonic not showing up depsite the super close partnership with Nintendo this generation would be more strange than disappointing. I'd still miss him, of course. And the lost opportunity of him, Megaman and Mario meeting in the battlefield.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
After I read and understood the philosophy that characters should be included that make people want to play the game, my mentality shifted from the ways of the few to the ways of the many.

I've adopted the viewpoint that, frankly, nobody cares what you like. And you know what, its made me more appreciative over the things that I do favor. It makes my experience with something wholly intimate.

So as things stand, I've never completed a megaman game out of the X series. I've owned a Wii Fit set for several years, not once have I seen this lady. Never played an Animal Crossing game. Nonetheless, its that charismatic touch that the developers bring to these characters that intrigue me enough to try them.

I love smash brothers, so I feel its safe to say that I'm going to buy this game regardless. I think its more fun to think in terms of what characters would prompt you to buy this game day one (as its something I don't think I'll be doing again after Brawl). Unless there's some outrageous mechanical woes involved that I simply don't agree with, you can bet that I'll be buying this game eventually but the question is: when?

Some scenarios
Paper Mario? I'm already hyped. A fully functional, completely unique Diddy Dixie combo? Starting to get wet. Isacc from Golden Sun? My load is blown, PLEASE take my money. Do you take singles baby?!
On the other hand there are definitely characters that I can't do without if its just for the sake of cramming them in there. We've seen a situation where a highly requested character made the list and playing as him left me feeling really bummed out. I love Mewtwo as a character, but without the proper treatment, I'm alright just liking the fella.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Meh, even if none of my favourites are in (Particularly, Layton, Toon Link, Mewtwo, Anna, Lyn, Lip etc etc basically what's in my sig).

I would still have Ness I suppose.

Bedhead

Smash Rookie
I keep seeing people worry that Sonic and Snake won't return and I don't see why. Their inclusion in Brawl was immensely successful. Nintendo has a working partnership with SEGA. Kojima himself begged Nintendo to put Snake in Brawl and I don't see why he would be opposed now. It's true that the work involved with getting these guest characters cleared again could be an issue, but I doubt it.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
The only dealbreaker I could possibly see happening would be the combination of Isaac not being added and Toon Link being cut. I'd still buy the game, but I'd be much less enthusiastic about it. A true dealbreaker, sufficient to make me not buy the game at all, would require an incredible failure in roster selection that frankly doesn't seem possible.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Don't cut Marth, Sonic, and Lucario, however if they do cut Lucario I hope they replace him with a revamped Mewtwo. I used to love playing the Sonic games as a kid, cutting Sonic is like stabbing my childhood. And Marth is just one of my favorite characters.

It's not a deal breaker, I'm getting the game none the less, but I'd be disappointed.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I would be very sad to see Olimar or Ganondorf or Ice Climbers go. I like characters with chaingrabs/command grab strings in fighting games alot. I liked IC and Ganons down throw in melee, but I didnt like Wobbling cause of how easy it was, the other grabs they had were much more fun. Olimar was my guy with that grab range, but he honestly felt really easy to use. Went to Icies and loved that the skill required for their grabs timing and such.

I would love to see Snake/Sonic/ROB/Toon Link/Falco/Wolf to go, never liked them as characters or the way they played.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I'll cry if there isn't a Golden Sun rep. This is 100% necessary. Two would be a dream come true (Isaac + Felix.)
I'll be super in love if there's a Majora's Mask YL (with masks) or Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask.
I'd be extremely pleased if Krystal is in the game.
I used to dream about Rayman being a hidden character in SSB64 when I was a kid and SSB64 was all there was. This is totally relevant to the Wii U and he should be included.

I'll be pissed if there's another Sonic representative. Sonic is barely Nintendo worthy, anything beyond him is not at all. Sonic gets a lot of love, but he also gets a lot of hate, and I hate him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't mind these character cuts:
Sheik
Toon Link
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Falco
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Sonic

I know that's half of the Brawl roster. Even though I main Toon Link, R.O.B., Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucas, I can live with them getting cut. I will just find new characters to main with anyway.

As for newcomers... these characters MUST be in SSB4:

Toad
Little Mac
Dixie Kong and/or King K. Rool

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Yoshi....That's about it.

Your icons under your info show true dedication. Hats off to you for supporting my favorite underdog.

For me...well isn't it obvious?

*up smash* AHHHHHUUUUWWOOOOOO!

And the worst thing is that he's a top spot on most people's "doesn't need to return" list.
I'm so paranoid that every reveal is going to be tense, and every rumor about limited rosters and cuts makes me worry that much more.
I'll take nearly any cut over Wolf...he is by far my favorite fighter in Brawl, and I play him in 70% of all of my friendly games despite having experience of some kind with the whole cast.

Hopefully Sakurai will acknowledge that:

-Wolf is easier to program than some characters because he shares a few dynamic similarities to Fox. (VERY few, but appearance and characteristic-wise).
-Wolf is also worth programming because his fighting style is unique and well thought out, and Sakurai won't want his efforts to go to waste.

Am I being too optimistic?

Titah

Smash Rookie
I'd be quite sad if any of these characters got taken out:
Jigglypuff - My main since SSB64
Captain Falcon - The infamous Falcon Punch
Marth - No more Ken Combos :(

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Honestly the only deal breaker for me would of been one of the Original 6

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Kirby
Yoshi

Just because if any of those were not there with 3rd parties getting in over them then I think Smash would of kinda lost its way. (I love 3rd parties btw just not in replace of Original Nintendo Characters.)

Would be sad to see these guys go though...

Sonic
Marth
or
Jigglypuff

Jumpman J.K.O.

Smash Rookie
well....I dont think any character would be a real deal breaker....
but people I wouldnt care if they cut:
-lucario
-Lucas
-Jiggleypuff (so I know she/he was a original but I feel like she was first put in as a gag and people just liked...it)
-Rob

people I'd like to see:
-King. K. Rool
-Bowser jr. (but only if his super move entails his other siblings jumping into the fray and causing some side scrolling chaos, and yeah I still count the koopa kids as bowsers kids...you cant hide from your past nintendo!)
-Krystal: for another girl (but she would need her own damn move-set if I see another fox clone thats my deal breaker lol)
-Wolf Link/Midna: come on who wouldnt love to maul your opponents as wolf link?
-waluigi: because he cheats and wario could use a buddy out there
-a very customizable character skins I.E. mario could dress as doctor mario, they did it with wario in brawl why not this one?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Wario. They cut the single most requested character pre brawl theres gonna be some storm clouds.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would be crushed if Toad isn't playable, though I'd still probably get the game.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I think people are missing the point if they aren't going to buy the game over characters being cut. We already have most of the essentials confirmed anyways.

With that being said, there are no deal breakers, but I would be sad / disappointed if they decide not to put these characters in...
- any of the characters in the original smash
- falco
- a pikmin rep
- marth and a second FE rep
- Ganondorf

As for newcomers I want to see...
- K Rool ( even though its nearly impossible)
- Ridley
- Demise ( only if ganondorf is gone for whatever reason)
- Some cool gen 5 or 6 pokemon or the return of mewtwo

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I REALLY don't want Toad in, I think it would be a wasted slot for someone so bland compared with other Mario characters like Waluigi, Bowser Jr and Paper Mario.

Also, if Lucas is cut I will rage very hard. Manly tears will be shed if that happens.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Character's absence would cause me to quit entirely:
-Link....I mained him for 15 years or something, since the start of Smash 64
(Good thing it's a no-brainer that he would be confirmed)

Characters whose absences would greatly disappoint me:
-Ganon
-Roy
-Marth
-Ike
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Captain Falcon
-Bowser

Characters whose absences would slightly bother me but I'd forget about it:
-Everyone else

Characters whose absences would be accepted with overwhelming glee and highborn children will be sacrificed to the wonderful god that now clearly watches over me, prompting much celebration and rejoicing:
-Sonic
-Peach
-Diddy Kong
-Olimar

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
It would suck if these characters didn't make it:
-:marthmelee:
-:falcomelee:
-:lucas:

They're all great characters and many people main them. Though there are some I wouldn't care a damm for like:
-:metaknight:
-:toonlink:
-:olimar:

Top Bottom