• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithario

Smash Rookie
Conker, from Conkers Bad Fur Day :)

*tries to think of some other classics*
Banjo Kazooie (although it was already said).

luigi_jesus

Smash Rookie
bowser jr.
paper mario
toon zelda/ tetra
krystal
daisy
toad
lanky kong
chunky kong
gengar
blaziken
kamek
banjo/kazooie
mumbo jumbo haha
tortimer
wendell
timber/tiptop/drumstick/krunch (from diddy racing)
rambi (imagine seeing a rhino just running amok all over lucas haha)

Meta Jr

Smash Cadet
In between The Halberd and Bowser's Castle. You ca
I used to have a signature for this on one forum.

Bowser Jr
Shadow Mario(Mario's Alt. Costume)
Midna
Toon Zelda
Krystal
Black Shadow
Megaman
Geno
K.Rool
Ashley
Ridley
Dark Samus(Samus's Alt. Costume)
Dry Bones(Think about it)
Dixie Kong
Micaiah
Paper Mario
Shadow(Alt. Costume for Sonic)
Knuckles
Toad.

Yup. Those are who I wanted in Brawl. Yet Sakurai is all NO!!!!!

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Banjo Kazooie would be a perfect fit for brawl, though it's sad that it can't even happen.

Anyone else like the idea of Lanky Kong?

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Shadow is nothing like Sonic, different character if anything.

Also, Masks Link ftw. Zora/Deku/Goron Link.

EDIT: And yes Lanky would be great. PRIORITY

Sensaya

Smash Rookie
i totally think all the characters are fine rite now. but they shouldve put in the old melee characters too, with diff movesets of course. but i REALLY wanted more female characters. =[ SERIOUSLYYYYYY

Roihu

Smash Ace
also there were some very good options people were begging for like megaman (he fits really well)
Sorry, but that made me laugh.
How does MEGAMAN fit in well? He's DATA!
This has nothing to do with whether I like him or not, by the way. (I don't for SSB, actually)

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but that made me laugh.
How does MEGAMAN fit in well? He's DATA!
This has nothing to do with whether I like him or not, by the way. (I don't for SSB, actually)
Game & Watch is 2D, C.Falcon is a racer, Peach is a damsel in distress, Mario & Luigi are plumbers. How doesn't he fit in??

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mewtwo.

I don't care what people say about first generation representatives, first generation had the best Pokemon, it deserves all of the Pokemon slots. And I don't care what anyone says, Lucario replaced Mewtwo. I didn't think he did but I recently started playing with Mewtwo on Melee and his smash attacks are similar to Lucario in that the damaging part of the attack goes further than Mewtwo's body, just like Lucario's smash attacks. He only took one special from Mewtwo, but he took a few other things from Mewtwo. Mewtwo is the ONLY character that wasn't a clone that got cut. Instead he got a bad quality trophy and got replaced by the likes of Lucario.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
Banjo-Kazooie would have been absolutely perfect for brawl. He's got an extensive moveset in the games. Their up special would be Fly+glide, their down aerial would be Kazooie drilling into the ground.. I could find an entire moveset for him but it'd take too much space.

WhoIsMrBlack

Smash Cadet
OK for one, NO CHARACTERS taken out. Period. The more characters, the better. That's all there is to it.

King K. Rool is my number one choice to put in the game, or Dixie Kong or Lanky Kong. Or all of them :p As well as some more F-Zero racers and whatever else they can find (shouldn't ever be a problem finding more characters they got plenty of Mario characters and Pokemon left to use if they run out of ideas)

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Mewtwo.

I don't care what people say about first generation representatives, first generation had the best Pokemon, it deserves all of the Pokemon slots. And I don't care what anyone says, Lucario replaced Mewtwo. I didn't think he did but I recently started playing with Mewtwo on Melee and his smash attacks are similar to Lucario in that the damaging part of the attack goes further than Mewtwo's body, just like Lucario's smash attacks. He only took one special from Mewtwo, but he took a few other things from Mewtwo. Mewtwo is the ONLY character that wasn't a clone that got cut. Instead he got a bad quality trophy and got replaced by the likes of Lucario.
Um, If there were only first generations that would be unfair to the other ones. I mean seriously. Im a pokemon fan, So i like all the generations, But if they only put first generations its like saying
"Oh screw the other generations there a piece of crap". So sorry dude, But I don't think the first generation is really that deserving of all the pokemon slots.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Um, If there were only first generations that would be unfair to the other ones. I mean seriously. Im a pokemon fan, So i like all the generations, But if they only put first generations its like saying
"Oh screw the other generations there a piece of crap". So sorry dude, But I don't think the first generation is really that deserving of all the pokemon slots.
I'm a Pokemon fan, too...being a Pokemon fan doesn't mean you have to like all of the generations. Most of the Poke Center doesn't like all of the generations, a good majority of them vote first/second generation, one of the two, is the best.

If they only put in first generation it would be like saying the other ones are a piece of crap. And in the case of most of third gen and 99% of fourth gen, they'd be right. Nosepass? Probopass? Generic fish evolution chain number 300? 13 legendaries? Yeah, totally great...

First generation had the best Pokemon, whether or not you think that Red/Blue/Green were the best games. The first Pokemon were original and not repeating themselves. Now they're just pushing the number of Pokemon forward for the heck of it, especially the legendaries. It's gone from 5 legendaries to 6 legendaries to 10 legendaries to 13 legendaries. It's getting ridiculous.

There are a few Pokemon from other generations that I think could easily fit in Smash Bros, and are good Pokemon so they deserve the spot. Gardevoir, Ampharos, and Deoxys are a few I can think of off the top of my head. But I'd still be happier if they just stuck with first generation (or second generation, but aside from Pichu, that's been completely ignored) for the representatives in Brawl, because they deserve it more and because they're better, more original Pokemon, and not original to the point of stupidity like the robot goat ballerina Arceus.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I'm a Pokemon fan, too...being a Pokemon fan doesn't mean you have to like all of the generations. Most of the Poke Center doesn't like all of the generations, a good majority of them vote first/second generation, one of the two, is the best.

If they only put in first generation it would be like saying the other ones are a piece of crap. And in the case of most of third gen and 99% of fourth gen, they'd be right. Nosepass? Probopass? Generic fish evolution chain number 300? 13 legendaries? Yeah, totally great...

First generation had the best Pokemon, whether or not you think that Red/Blue/Green were the best games. The first Pokemon were original and not repeating themselves. Now they're just pushing the number of Pokemon forward for the heck of it, especially the legendaries. It's gone from 5 legendaries to 6 legendaries to 10 legendaries to 13 legendaries. It's getting ridiculous.

There are a few Pokemon from other generations that I think could easily fit in Smash Bros, and are good Pokemon so they deserve the spot. Gardevoir, Ampharos, and Deoxys are a few I can think of off the top of my head. But I'd still be happier if they just stuck with first generation (or second generation, but aside from Pichu, that's been completely ignored) for the representatives in Brawl, because they deserve it more and because they're better, more original Pokemon, and not original to the point of stupidity like the robot goat ballerina Arceus.
Well, I do agree the frist/second were the best too, but its just......it sounds unfair. i actually want staryu in....and thats the only pokemon character i want in other than venanet...

So i guess i agree with you

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys would be great. 3rd generation, truthfully, is my favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't love the first one...

marthfreak

Smash Rookie
Viewtiful Joe!! i was really hoping he would get in..
also the skull kid of majoras mask would be great

Puffs

Smash Ace
DO WANT:
Banjo
Kazooie (separate character)
Ridley
Krystal
Dark Samus
Bowser Jr.
Kamek
Mewtwo
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Majora Skull Kid
Blaziken
Black Shadow (he could take Ganondorf's moveset. then Ganondorf can have his own)
Amaterasu
Sukapon
K.K. Slider
Nabooru
King Boo

DO NOT WANT:
Geno
Lucario
Lucas
Midna/Wolf Link
Any more Sonic characters
Ashley
King K. Rool
Tom Nook
AC Main Character
Rival Trainer
Darkrai
Plusle & Minun
Geno

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
why would kazooie be a seperate character? all he did by himself was walk outside Banjo's backpack a few times during the second game, and I think you had to have some kind of feather or something....

Nicole

Smash Champion
OUT:
Falco. There are too many Star Fox characters, especially since that series hasn't been good since the N64. I say kick Falco out over Wolf, because Wolf is Fox's nemesis, as Bowser is to Mario. Falco is just Fox's smarta$$ friend.

Toon Link: Again, there are too many Zelda characters, and he is pretty similar to adult Link. Would have been cool if they had given Link a transformation move like Zelda has, where you could turn into a wolf.

Jigglypuff: Too many pokemon and (besides her aerials) Kirby is better at everything she does. Plus, I think she's one of the least used characters (am I right?) and I doubt anyone would miss her too bad.

REPLACEMENTS FOR THESE THREE:
Megaman: Clearly. While some might argue he would be a "Samus clone" I would disagree with that for sure. All he and Samus would share is the charge up shot.

Ridley: I don't know quite how his moveset would work, but the Metroid series NEEDS more than one rep. Especially because Samus got a big nerf this time around (I don't know why, she was never great).

Geno: Yeah, he's only been in 1 game, but come on! I'd much rather see a character from a great game that I've always enjoyed than MORE Zelda, Pokemon, or Star Fox characters. His moveset would be very unique also, as would his movements (at least, I would make them that way!

I would like to see as many original characters as possible, from tons of different series. I hate how Brawl has so many characters from certain series, and only 1 from several others. And ROB, Pit, and Olimar deserve to be in the game as much as anyone, and more than some!

Puffs

Smash Ace
why would kazooie be a seperate character? all he did by himself was walk outside Banjo's backpack a few times during the second game, and I think you had to have some kind of feather or something....
SHE could do a lot more than Banjo could on his own. She had the Wing Whack Attack, all her different kinds of eggs, she could Glide, jump higher with the Flip Flap Jump, and Hatch eggs.

Banjo on his own has the Pack Whack attack, Sleep Pack for recovering health, and the Shack Pack/Sack Pack abilities let him cross hazardous terrain.

Alzi

Smash Master
Megaman would be nice but i think he would get boring after a while like sonic did. My vote goes to Balloon Fighter. :D

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
OUT:
Falco. There are too many Star Fox characters, especially since that series hasn't been good since the N64. I say kick Falco out over Wolf, because Wolf is Fox's nemesis, as Bowser is to Mario. Falco is just Fox's smarta$$ friend.

Toon Link: Again, there are too many Zelda characters, and he is pretty similar to adult Link. Would have been cool if they had given Link a transformation move like Zelda has, where you could turn into a wolf.

Jigglypuff: Too many pokemon and (besides her aerials) Kirby is better at everything she does. Plus, I think she's one of the least used characters (am I right?) and I doubt anyone would miss her too bad.

REPLACEMENTS FOR THESE THREE:
Megaman: Clearly. While some might argue he would be a "Samus clone" I would disagree with that for sure. All he and Samus would share is the charge up shot.

Ridley: I don't know quite how his moveset would work, but the Metroid series NEEDS more than one rep. Especially because Samus got a big nerf this time around (I don't know why, she was never great).

Geno: Yeah, he's only been in 1 game, but come on! I'd much rather see a character from a great game that I've always enjoyed than MORE Zelda, Pokemon, or Star Fox characters. His moveset would be very unique also, as would his movements (at least, I would make them that way!

I would like to see as many original characters as possible, from tons of different series. I hate how Brawl has so many characters from certain series, and only 1 from several others. And ROB, Pit, and Olimar deserve to be in the game as much as anyone, and more than some!
Falco is the 2nd popular character besidesw fox himself.

LOL, Link's movest is never going to be changed.

JigglyPuff is really popular in japan so she is never leaving.

I don't even think megaman could happen.

Yeah, I agree with ridley.

Are you serious? You want to replace jigglypuff with geno? Omg you have terrible taste.
Geno is never going to be in because theres enough mario characters and if theres another one it would be someone thats not barely part of the mario series.

and whats with the theres enough pokemon characters? if there taking some pokemon character out it would be lucario or pokemon trainer. jigglypuff is one the 12 orignal so she's never leaving.

Kazura

Smash Cadet
Toon Zelda would have been nice.

Oh, and adding tons of 3rd party characters to a good Nintendo game is what would ruin it...

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Lol wow, have you seen a tier list lately? (Even tho she's bad in Brawl)

Well, it's not that Jiggs was in the first game that makes her permanent, you know they were going to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee but Mother 3 was delayed...

Geno would be cool, but he's another Mario character so I'm surprised you're arguing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom