• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters who I think won't be playable in brawl. (All opinion based)

Cinder

Smash Master
You want a reason? Okay.

Jiggz = Pokemon Trainer + Pikachu...too many Pokemon
Right...less reps than Melee...brilliant logic...

C. Falcon = Okay, they have the logo, doesn't mean they can't reprogram it. And what is the exact chance of Ganon getting a new moveset?
Since G-dorf only had that moveset cuz the game was rushed and he had the same body shape as Falcon...pretty high, actually...

Luigi = Don't have a good enough reason. He's similar to Mario except the fact that Mario got the FLUDD now.
Decloning...and he's not a close enough clone...

Seriously...your logic fails...Ness wasn't booted...he was REPLACED...tell me, who would replace these three? Either come up with an answer or STFU and GTFO...

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
What the ****? Your logic is ****ing stupid. Get out of my thread you god **** 12 year old.
Wow. That's really sad. Who was the one that said this thread was opinion based? You act like you're the God of this world just because you made this thread. When someone goes against your idea of a character not gonna to be in Brawl, you immediately go against it.

I can do the same. Oh, and...

I refuse to leave. Watcha gonna do about it?

And to Cinder: Who said anything about replacement? Mewtwo's out, but no one's replacing him. G&W is out.

courte

Smash Lord
i know its opinion based but you should still do your homework on some of these analysis

these list are funny because in the end at least one prediction is wrong
[shameless plug] however doesn't this seem appropriate for the mourning thread??

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You want a reason? Okay.

Jiggz = Pokemon Trainer + Pikachu...too many Pokemon
That's 4 playable pokemon, same as melee. 1 or 2 more wouldn't hurt at all. Not to mention PT could technically count as one rep.
C. Falcon = Okay, they have the logo, doesn't mean they can't reprogram it. And what is the exact chance of Ganon getting a new moveset?
The fact that Ganondorf was originally intended to have his own moveset, and could easily have one seeing as all the Zelda characters are in their TP form so far and that practically everyone believes he should be given a new moveset tells me that he he has a pretty good chance of getting one. Heck, Links moveset was updated and Mario had one of his specials changed, and they are nowhere close to needing a moveset change as much as Ganon is.

Luigi = Don't have a good enough reason. He's similar to Mario except the fact that Mario got the FLUDD now.
So you even realize there isn't a good enough reason to take Luigi out yet because Ness is being taken out you think he's good as gone? Does that really make sense to you?

Edit:
Who said anything about replacement? Mewtwo's out, but no one's replacing him. G&W is out.
What? Where the hell are you getting these ideas from? There has bee no hints towards Mewtwo being cut and if anything, we've only been getting hints that G&W is returing.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
*SUPERfacepalm* @ BalloonBoy

PT is ONE character.
Therfore, Pokemon only has 2 confirmed.

There is 100% chance Ganon will be decloned.
Also, Falcon is supposedly Sakurai's favorite Smash character.
I think he'll be in.

Luigi is supposed to be similar to Mario. They are brothers.
If there was no conflict in 64/Melee, there is none in Brawl.

Srsly, get better logic or GTFO

EDIT:
And to Cinder: Who said anything about replacement? Mewtwo's out, but no one's replacing him. G&W is out.
WTF source naow

Cinder

Smash Master
O rly?

You're just avoiding the question...you think you're so smart, but you keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper by avoiding the question...Ness WAS replaced...by your theory, the other three would suffer the SAME fate...being REPLACED...if they were completely eliminated, they would be treated differently than Ness, but according to your logic, that wouldn't happen...either you have to admit that your logic was off, or you need to tell us who could possibly replace Luigi, Jiggs, and Falcon...

And when did Sakurai say Mewtwo and G&W were out? He never said that as I recall...

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
i know its opinion based but you should still do your homework on some of these analysis

these list are funny because in the end at least one prediction is wrong
[shameless plug] however doesn't this seem appropriate for the mourning thread??
These comments hint that you're life is based on the game. You act like this game is the almighty God of this world. You're saying I need common sense? I don't spend my life playing a video game.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if the flaming doesn't stop somebody is gonna have to start giving infractions which leads to bannination

so everyone just settle down

Cinder

Smash Master
These comments hint that you're life is based on the game. You act like this game is the almighty God of this world. You're saying I need common sense? I don't spend my life playing a video game.
So, you've resorted to blind flaming to protect yourself? Pathetic...just STFU before you dig yourself in deeper...you're already deep enough...

EDIT: sorry, Gimpy...I was typing while you posted...I'm done...I'm not gonna keep this up...it's pointless anyway...

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
Actually, my IQ is negative 170. And no, I'm not joking. I'm thinking Ganondorf is replacing Falcon and Lucas is replacing Ness. Therefore, Jiggly and Luigi is gone too.

Don't like it? Suck it up.
fixed
ganondorf will come back wit a sword

Cinder

Smash Master
fixed
ganondorf will come back wit a sword
if the flaming doesn't stop somebody is gonna have to start giving infractions which leads to bannination

so everyone just settle down
@Quadripain: need I say more?

I'm not gonna keep fighting...I know I'm right, and that's all I need...I'm only wasting my time...I'm sorry this flamewar lasted as long as it did...

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
Wait so you believe Luigi, Ganon, Jigglypuff, Falco, and Cpt. Falcon will be removed from Brawl.

YOU GOTTA BE OUT OF YOUR F**KING MIND!
Luigi, Jiggz, Cpt. Falcon, Ness.

Falco I believe is also taken out, but even if he isn't, and he's decloned...how much worse do you think he's gonna be? A lot.

And Cinder is just afraid to get banned.

Cinder

Smash Master
I just thought of something about Ness...I've heard his moveset was comprised of moves that weren't really his...so in theory, could Sakurai not give Ness's moveset to Lucas, and give Ness a NEW moveset? It's just a theory, but one you have to pay some attention to...

@Balloonboy: :laugh:

@MetalKnux: doesn't bother me in the least :p

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Why they will return and has good chance being in Brawl:

Jigglypuff:
She is the second most popular pokémon. She has a unique moveset, she hasn't cloned moves.
There aren't any arguments against her. Sakurai wouldn't be dumb to not include her.
+She is confirmed. (David Hayter)

Luigi:
The game is called Super Smash Bros Brawl. With his vacuum he could get a desemicloned moveset. He is one of the most important characters from Nintendo.
+He is confirmed (this one guy at e4all)

Captain Falcon:
I'm getting tired of writing. His icon is confirmed, he has a original moveset. CF is Sakurai's favorite character to play. And go on.

Ganondorf:
He could get a new moveset with sword+magic. He is really important to LoZ and why having Zelda in, without Ganondorf? No sense.
+He is confirmed (in this interview (Shiek confirmed with him))

Small question, why aren't you saying Marth, G&W, Mewtwo and Shiek won't return?
:laugh:

Maggirus

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
Ignore BalloonBoy. I think he's realized how wrong he is by now, and is just doing this to make people mad.
Yup, That was the point. Someone finally caught on.

This is the truth: This is an unofficial IQ test. My IQ was tested in the same way. My posts would all be considered spam but they're related to the topic. I wanted to see how many were going to realize that I was doing this to test your social IQ . You guys should've seen your own posts. I fell out of my chair everytime you posted something.

to Maggirus...I never said anything about the Ice Climbers...

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Wow, it's good to see this topic is still as lively as ever =/. Honestly, why would you allow a game that is meant for entertainment to make you so angry? Just have fun with it, even if you think someone is being dopey or not making sense.

BalloonBoy

Smash Cadet
Why they will return and has good chance being in Brawl:

Jigglypuff:
She is the second most popular pokémon. She has a unique moveset, she hasn't cloned moves.
There aren't any arguments against her. Sakurai wouldn't be dumb to not include her.
+She is confirmed. (David Hayter)

Luigi:
The game is called Super Smash Bros Brawl. With his vacuum he could get a desemicloned moveset. He is one of the most important characters from Nintendo.
+He is confirmed (this one guy at e4all)

Captain Falcon:
I'm getting tired of writing. His icon is confirmed, he has a original moveset. CF is Sakurai's favorite character to play. And go on.

Ganondorf:
He could get a new moveset with sword+magic. He is really important to LoZ and why having Zelda in, without Ganondorf? No sense.
+He is confirmed (in this interview (Shiek confirmed with him))

Small question, why aren't you saying Marth, G&W, Mewtwo and Shiek won't return?
:laugh:

Maggirus
Okay....look...I KNOW Ganon is gonna be in Brawl. I'm saying Falcon isn't. In the interview, nothing got confirmed. They got HINTED.

Marth is getting replaced by Ike. Fire Emblem isn't popular enough to have two characters nowadays, and Marth doesn't even appear anymore...

G&W is too old

When Mewtwo's in, there will be too many Pokemon.

I was predicting that Zelda WASN'T gonna be in Brawl. If she was, I knew they were going to at least take out Shiek. Zelda, apparently, IS in Brawl. Shiek might be her Final Smash.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Marth is getting replaced by Ike. Fire Emblem isn't popular enough to have two characters nowadays, and Marth doesn't even appear anymore...
FireEmblem got a worldwide release now.
=> Of coure they aren't popular any more.
1) Ike is slow and strong
2) Marth is fast and eh... weaker

G&W is too old
Pit is too old. A DS game with old Mr G&W games has been relased in Japan

When Mewtwo's in, there will be too many Pokemon.
Wrong

I was predicting that Zelda WASN'T gonna be in Brawl. If she was, I knew they were going to at least take out Shiek. Zelda, apparently, IS in Brawl. Shiek might be her Final Smash.
Maybe Shiek won't return. But it seems very likely that Shiek will return.

Maggirus

Boofer

Smash Ace
WTF @ thinking Zelda wasn't going to be in. Why wouldn't she be in the game? That's really laughable.

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
game and watch can NEVER be too old ya i can see no marth but roy needs to return,whats mario without luigi?,ridley should be in,sheik as a final smash? lol.capt. olimar?no #$%# way,captin falcon is returning.
that was not directed justat you baloon boy

Wait why would Roy return, but Marth won't quatripain?
That doesn't make much sense to me. IMO Marth is returning and Roy is left out.

Your idea for Sheik as an FS is interesting, but a better FS for Zelda would be Light Arrows, a barrage of them. I don't think Sheik will be returning.

Cinder

Smash Master
game and watch can NEVER be too old ya i can see no marth but roy needs to return,whats mario without luigi?,ridley should be in,sheik as a final smash? lol.capt. olimar?no #$%# way,captin falcon is returning.
that was not directed justat you baloon boy
Are you saying Olimar won't be in? Reasons, plz...

@Balloonboy: so, this was some kind of test? I will admit, that was clever...

quatripain

Smash Journeyman
roy is more recent and brawl needs more fire characters
no capt olimar because he lacks a good moveset
i want capt oloimar and pacman just as ats thats all

Boofer

Smash Ace
How does brawl need more fire characters? What about water, earth or wind?

Cinder

Smash Master
The Actual Moveset

Finally, onto Olimar's actual moves. That's a lot of information to get down before you can even get onto this stuff, if Sakurai ever finds this moveset and thinks "Wow, that's such an excellent idea!" he'll put it in manual. I hope.

A moves

A - Right fisted punch - 2%, loooooooow knockback
AA - Left fisted punch - 2% loooooooooow knockback
AAA - Olimar's special Rocket Punch(tm)(R)...maybe not...Olimar sticks out both his fists in a double fisted punch of glory - 4% med-low knockback
Dash A - Rush Boots, you slide at 1.5 times your running speed for a short distance, semi-bad wind-down lag though - 8% medium knockback
A -> tilt - Headbutt - 10%, medium knockback
A^ tilt - Rising headbutt - 9% medium knockback
Av - Pik-a-grab, grabs a Pikmin and sweeps out the opponents feet. Knockback, speed and damage vary on the Pikmin sweeping with, ranging from 6%->10%, low -> med-high knockback.

A -> Smash - Swing-a-pik, for every 3 pikmin, Olimar grabs a random pikmin by the flower (so cruel) and swings them forward. Damage is 10% + the damage of each pikmin, knockback and speed again depends on the type of Pikmin and the number. If no pikmin are near, Olimar hits for 10%.

A^ Smash - Soar-a-pik, for every 5 pikmin, Olimar grabs a random pikmin by the flower and swings them in an arc upwards. 10% + pikmin damage, speed and knockback variable. If no pikmin are near, Olimar hits for 10%.

Av Smash - Kik-a-pik, All the pikmin around him kick (both sides, so it wouldn't be 15 pikmin on 1 side kicking) for their base damage with good knockback, if no pikmin are currently following Olimar, he does a 360 floor sweep for 8% with low-med knockback.

Nair - Spins around - 2% each hit with low knockback, last one has medium knockback
Bair - Donkey kick - 5% good knockback
Uair - Somersault kick (he's had zero g training after all) - 6% medium knockback
Dair - Mid-air headbutt (kinda like a reverse of his Uair and instead of kicking them, thwacks them with his helmet) - 5%, meteor
Fair - Your standard kick - 5% medium knockback

B moves

These are probably going to be a bit more indepth.

B - Ye olde "Whistle" - Olimar uses this to command his little buddies. Tapping B will make a short shrill whistle noise which is the go ahead for the pikmin to change the order in which they are standing, meaning you can select which pikmin are closest to you at any given time by taps of B. The default formation is Purple -> White -> Red -> Blue -> Yellow and will change as such so the front goes to the back (ie. W->R->B->Y->P is the next formation). Formations are there to give you greater control over which Pikmin you are throwing and with practice will become second nature, even in the heat of a battle, and like everything would just take practice getting used to managing them.

Holding down B will make all pikmin in 4 body-lengths of Olimar will attempt to make their way back to his side. While holding down B (so after 1/2 -> 3/4 of a second), Olimar is forced to continue to whistle for the remainder of 2 seconds and is unable to move or attack during this time.

B -> - Hurl-a-Pik - Throws a pikmin, how hard depends on how far you tilt the control stick. They follow a set trajectory of the classic arc, and will also go different distances depending on their weight. Holding the control stick full tilt and throwing a purple pikmin will yield roughly the same result as throwing a yellow pikmin at under half tilt.

B^ - Dolphin Rocket - Olimar's rocket is also his recovery move! Upon using this move Olimar is instant in his rocket which moves on a shaky trajectory diagonally upwards. You can also control this a little, such as veer it in a direction. Any surrounding pikmin which are falling relatively near to Olimar are taken up in the Onions around the S.S. Dolphin. Upon moving for 1.5 seconds or so, the dolphin explodes out of habit sending 3 randomly generated parts upwards, diagonally down to the right and diagonally down to the left. These parts are parts which you collect from Olimar's ship in Pikmin 1 and all do 5% damage except the secret safe which does 8% and the Massage Machine and the Space Float (with lower chances of appear) which do a healthy 10%.

Bv - Pick-a-Pik - Probably the most complicated one of all that will take some time to explain. Pick-a-Pik works as sectioned areas of each stage where each section has a 60% common chance and 40% uncommon chance of plucking 2 different kinds of Pikmin. Battlefield for example might be split into 5 different sections, the 3 different platforms and the main floor split in half. On these sections 2 types of Pikmin can be plucked (skilled Olimar's will know which Pikmin to get where on each stage) in those 2 percentages but the rarer Pikmin (white and purple) can only ever occur as 40% uncommon chances, so a purple/white or white/purple combination won't happen, but a red/blue could.

To actually pick the Pikmin, Olimar must hold down and press B at which point it will take 2 seconds to pick a Leaf Pikmin form that area. Subsequent presses of B (while still holding down) will yield Pikmin at 1 second delays. The first 2 Pikmin to be picked will be Leaf Pikmin, the next 3 will be Bud Pikmin and all subsequent Pikmin will be Flower Pikmin, up to the maximum of 15 Pikmin. If you start picking with 0 Pikmin, it's possible to pick up to 10 Flower Pikmin.

Grab moves

A (while holding) - Sly dig - 3%
Forward - Bum's rush, 1-3 Pikmin by Olimar grab the opponent and do the Bum's rush on him ::chuckle: (6-9% high knockback), no Pikmin and Olimar weakly attempts it himself resulting in 3% damage and low knockback

Back - Pik-a-Swing, 1-3 Pikmin grab the opponent's feet and swing him backwards for 5-8% damage and med-high knockback, if no Pikmin, Olimar attempts to do it by himself for 3% damage and low-med knockback.

Down - Pik-a-pounce, Olimar throws the opponent to the floor, 1-6 Pikmin + Olimar jump on one end of the floored opponent for half their totaled base damage + 3% and med-high knockback depending on Pikmin weights. If no Pikmin, Olimar once again foolishly attempts it by himself and doesn't get very far, 3% damage and very low knockback.

Up - Pik-a-Punch, Olimar releases the opponent and uppercuts them at the same time as 1-5 Pikmin. Damage and knockback depends on Pikmin's strength. If no Pikmin, Olimar does it by himself for 3% damage and low knockback.

Final Smash Move

Pikmin Bomb Squad!

The S.S. Dolphin flies in from the top left of the screen over the battlefield and exits again to the top right, pausing only to fire the Nova Blaster down on Olimer's position. Any enemies caught in the dazzling beam are stunned as if their shield was broken. Any yellow pikmin bathed in the light acquire bomb rocks with a minimum of 3. If 3 yellow pikmin aren't present, 3 random pikmin caught in the light will be transformed into yellow bomb pikmin and if 3 pikmin aren't present (if any), then any pikmin caught in the light will be transformed and up to 3 bomb pikmin appear to a maximum of 3 in total. However, if 15 pikmin of that Olimer are present on the battlefield but none caught in the beam, the bomb pikmin will not appear.

Yellow bomb pikmin are able to be thrown as far as regular yellow pikmin and if they land on an opponent after being thrown will automatically explode for 15% damage and high knockback and the pikmin will automatically be star-ko'd. A yellow bomb pikmin will give chase to any opponents they land near like regular pikmin, but instead will self-detonate (star-ko'ing itself) and do 10% damage and med-high knockback. If the opponent attempts to evade the pikmin and succeeds (so the pikmin cannot follow), he will attempt to throw the bomb rock at the opponent with a good degree of precision for 7% damage and med knockback but unfortunately not a star-ko :(.

Taunt

All the pikmin by Olimar's side line up facing the screen and do the leaf-mexican-wave from the good ending of Pikmin 1, speed varies on how many pikmin are in the line as to always be the same amount of time for the taunt. If no pikmin are by Olimar's side, he looks left, then right (as if looking for the pikmin) and then bows his head (in realisation that he's all alone *tear*).
You were saying?

EDIT: Agreed with Boofer...

A fire character whose move hurts himself? No thanks.
Olimar could have an amazing moveset though, one of the most unique out of any characters I've seen.

Cinder

Smash Master
A fire character whose move hurts himself? No thanks.
Olimar could have an amazing moveset though, one of the most unique out of any characters I've seen.
Exactly...which is why I posted one *looks at last post*...face it...Olimar's one of the most likely characters to take a spot, so Quad, don't make assumptions until you know more about who you're dissing...

TrueBlue23

Smash Cadet
Shadow the Hedgehog- No. His moves are too similar to sonics, and, as far as I know, they won't be adding more than 1 playable character from that 3rd party universe (I.E, sonic. Though, I can picture Shadow being an assist trophy.)
Sonic and Shadow only share two moves, Spindash and Black and Blue tornado, nothing else. How would Shadow be a clone? The bold is what I agree with.

Top Bottom