• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
Alright Weve all seen list of charecters people want, how about the one we hope to god dont get in!?

-A Nintendog
-No more pokemon please!
-Sonic,Knuckles,Tails,Shadow (eeeewwww)
-Toad
-anything gay(is Snake gay er what i mean really i dont know? he did bang EVA but then agian...)

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
FoxDash said:
Alright Weve all seen list of charecters people want, how about the one we hope to god dont get in!?

-A Nintendog
-No more pokemon please!
-Sonic,Knuckles,Tails,Shadow (eeeewwww)
-Toad
-anything gay(is Snake gay er what i mean really i dont know? he did band EVA but then agian...)

yeah, you're pretty freakin' ignorant for calling snake gay and not wanting anymore pokemon.
let's just rid of one of nintendo's highest selling game franchises from smash.
****, i do wish i had your level of intellect o' wise one.

but on a side note.

no final fantasy, no chrono, no street fighter, no naruto, and no dbz characters.
that's basically it. :D

sonic/tails i welcome, but shadow, knuckles... and all of them... too much.

Smash Lord
No Sonic characters period. It's not Nintendo and although they may get more money from characters such as Sonic, that takes away from the uniqueness of Smash. Once they put in Sonic or someone else they turn a great game into another common fighter game.

FoxDash

Smash Cadet
the Snake thing was a joke for people that have played the series geez...(take a dam joke)
Metal gear is Personally one of my faviorite series im happy hes in it it should break some barriers

Xelyst

-_-
I agree with your list except for Snoic chars and at least put in Blaziken (lol dont ask me why -_-)

jeff2

Smash Rookie
Solid Snake. I only want Nintendo characters, besides maybe Sonic and Tails, and possibly Knuckles. Also, definitely no more Pokemon.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I REALLY want to see a few more Metroid Prime characters.Perhaps ridley,or a hunter from MP:Hunters.However,there is no way i will get that game with Toad or anyone from Super Marion Sunshine OR Luigi's Mansion,or even another starfox character,unless it is Star Wolf.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
You should accept the fact that Snake is there, Sonic will surely be there too, they are cool and thats not gonna change Smash. When you start seeing Goku, Naruto, Chuck Norris and others like those. Then you can start crying.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I'm more open than most others. I've NEVER played any Metal Gear game, but was excited when I saw Snake in the trailer. Why? I love crossovers. Smash was already a crossover, in one universe. A multiversal crossover is something I'd welcome with open arms, as long as the gameplay didn't change too much.

The only characters I don't want in SSBB are "minions", i.e. Goombas, Koopas, Boos, Toads, Topis, Space Pirates, blah blah blah.

L!ME

Smash Rookie
It's funny how everyone thinks that every character in a game is like a trading card that can be freely distributed to any game being made. While it's actually a big money game behind the curtain on making sure any character gets whatever money it costs to use it. Not to mention that, there's lots of companies that will not let their characters be used by certain companies for whatever money/personal/grudge reasons.

If you are honestly requesting or not some of these tupid suggestions i suggest you go get Mugen and you can play any **** character ever made.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Why not snake? What will he change in the game? It's like saying "If they add Captain Falcon in the game, the whole game will change!!!!!" All they have to do is add newly created moves which fit into the game (and Solid Snakes appearance is quite fitting - it was more satiric than serious) and you have a new character.

Back to the topic: new pokemon (seeing them in pokeballs would be better) and Raiden from MGS2 (cause he'll probably be a clone of snake and, being a MGS fanboy, he's an inferior main character).

nomis

Smash Journeyman
L!ME said:
If you are honestly requesting or not some of these tupid suggestions i suggest you go get Mugen and you can play any **** character ever made.
What? Fix your grammar and maybe we'll actually care about what you have to say.

EDIT: And by fixing your grammar, I mean make yourself a little more coherent, please.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
What's the matter with Daisy? She ROCKZ!!! Please, no Toad, no Koopa Troopas, nor Paratroopas, Goombas or Boos. That would look like a Mario Party Game.

And altough I hate to admit, no Sephiroth nor Cloud... They just don't fit...

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
8000 said:
No Sonic characters period. It's not Nintendo and although they may get more money from characters such as Sonic, that takes away from the uniqueness of Smash. Once they put in Sonic or someone else they turn a great game into another common fighter game.
ok first off you didnt say a thing about SOLID SNAKE, hes not a nintendo CHaracters, second off judging by the trailer, i dont give a **** whos in the game its not gonna be another common fighting game..

GG...

Visual

Smash Cadet
No more third party characters, period. They have an entire list of Nintendo characters not yet used that they could add in instead of filling that spot with a lame third-party character. Snake is enough.

D

Deleted member

Visual said:
No more third party characters, period. They have an entire list of Nintendo characters not yet used that they could add in instead of filling that spot with a lame third-party character. Snake is enough.
Seconded. Snake is enough.

Smash Lord
Antioch said:
and how would sonic, not snake, turn smash into a "common fighter game"?

just curious.
In my opinion Snake takes away from the SSB games. I thought it was cool seeing him in the preview but after i thought about it, i came to the same conclusion as Sonic. I just hope that there will be fewer characters from different franchises.

Malificent said:
ok first off you didnt say a thing about SOLID SNAKE, hes not a nintendo CHaracters, second off judging by the trailer, i dont give a **** whos in the game its not gonna be another common fighting game..

GG...
Fine, Solid Snake should not be in the game. Happy?

IAmAUser

Smash Cadet
smashbros_777 said:
no more pokemon and no ness people
I sincerely hope you mean no Ness clones, as I am strongly in favor of Mother 3 characters. I also would like a few more Pokémon. As long as they're good characters, and as long as they fit in SSB, I don't mind.

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Well, personally I do like Solid Snake in SSBB but no Sonic nor Megaman pleeeease. For the characters I would like to "delete" : Ness (even if he was in SSB64), Mr. Game & Watch (Sorry old school bwoyz), Pichu, Young Link should switch with Wind Waker Link (That would be funnnny :)) and Mewtwo.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Okay, I agree that third party characters should not be involved.... That being said, here is why Snake should be involved. You ready?

He is a Nintendo character.

Like it or not, the first Metal Gear game was for the Nintendo. He was born a Nintendo character. Sure, another company eventually added to the series, but the same happened for Donkey Kong, and no one's saying crap about that. The only difference is that they kept DK on the same console as his makers, but if you'll notice, DK games spanning all the way back to the SNES were produced by Rare, not Nintendo.

Seriously, you guys need to check yourselves before you go all crazy-go-nuts for a "third party" character.

Further proof, here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchises_established_on_Nintendo_systems

Look at the name seventh from the bottom of the NES list. Metal. Gear.

pwnd.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Master WGS said:
Like it or not, the first Metal Gear game was for the Nintendo. He was born a Nintendo character. Sure, another company eventually added to the series, but the same happened for Donkey Kong, and no one's saying crap about that. The only difference is that they kept DK on the same console as his makers, but if you'll notice, DK games spanning all the way back to the SNES were produced by Rare, not Nintendo.
difference being the DK series is Owned by Nintendo and the metal gear series is Owned by Konami and Konami is not Owned by nintendo.

Characters i don't want to see:
Pichu
Raichu
Bomberman
Megaman

Sensai

Smash Master
Master WGS said:
Okay, I agree that third party characters should not be involved.... That being said, here is why Snake should be involved. You ready?

He is a Nintendo character.
...rofl....

So is Final Fantasy. We're saying, or I'm saying, that I dislike Snake because he is RIGHT NOW on a different system, and is commonly associated with that system.

If Nintendo got the rights to Bungie, should they include Master Chief? Hell. No.

And who did you pwn?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sensai said:
...rofl....

So is Final Fantasy. We're saying, or I'm saying, that I dislike Snake because he is RIGHT NOW on a different system, and is commonly associated with that system.

If Nintendo got the rights to Bungie, should they include Master Chief? Hell. No.

And who did you pwn?
no one he just came up with a bunch of bull **** presented it as fact and told everyone that he was the smartest

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Sensai said:
...rofl....

Okay, that I'm fine with, and I agree.

Again, I agree.

And who did you pwn?
The many before me who said "Snake has nothing to do with Nintendo. That's who I pwnd. You, on the other hand, have pwnd me. I agree to your logic.

xianfeng said:
He said a bunch of bull **** and presented it as fact.
As did Wikipedia?

And told everyone else he was the smartest..
... Of course I did... I remember typing that right into my post.... But can you find it for me?

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I never really thought Sonic fits the game...he doesn't look...'Nintendo'ish
Now one character sure to be added is gonna be King Dedede...that guy looks SO GOOD to be in this game...with his hammer. Golden Sun should be in it too. It has that Nintendo feel to it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Master WGS said:
You, on the other hand, have pwnd me. I agree to your logic.

Anyone who can admit to being beaten is a man indeed. Props to ya.

You're also real funny, haha.

Back on subject: I just don't like Snake being in the game. I wish it were just Nintendo characters, and while I can see him being linked to Nintendo, he's no longer a Nintendo character. In fact, he's pretty much an icon for Sony now.

And to the post above me...King Dee Dee for the absolute win.

Top Bottom