• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
In fact, he's pretty much an icon for Sony now.
Sony has no icon. A icon is a character whose picture you can walk down the street, show a person who hasn't played a game since at least the NES, and have more then half of them recognize it. Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu would be recognized, Sonic would be recognized and Pac-Man would be recognized. If you were to show them Snake, you'd probably not get half of them to recognize it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Gamingboy said:
Sony has no icon. A icon is a character whose picture you can walk down the street, show a person who hasn't played a game since at least the NES, and have more then half of them recognize it. Mario, Donkey Kong and Pikachu would be recognized, Sonic would be recognized and Pac-Man would be recognized. If you were to show them Snake, you'd probably not get half of them to recognize it.
sony has crash bandicoot and spyro - neither of which i want to see in SSBB

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I can't believe people are actually AGAINST having Toad in the game. :mad: If any character from the Mario universe should be purposefully left out, it should most definitely be Petey Piranha. I kinda laughed at him in Mario Sunshine. But then he kept rearing his ugly head game after game after game, taking up the space for my main mushroom man. Toad has been around forever. Petey Piranha has been around since what, 2002? And he is little more than an empty shell, with no personality or purpose whatsoever.

Sorry bout that, I just hate Petey Piranha, and will not stand for Toad being left out in favor of this overgrown and overpublicized weed. :p

Rosseh!

Smash Rookie
I think Snake just fits in to the whole semi serious semi humour atmosphere or Smash bros. Characters like Sonic wouldn't fit in at all. What annoys me is that now snake is in it everyone suddenly thinks the flood gates are opened for crap characters to come pouring through. That's not the case at all. The makers of smash bros are smart and know how smash bros players feel because they are just like all of us who play it.

Impp

Smash Ace
I'd rather see awesome third party characters like Cloud, than more obscure Nintendo characters like Ice Climbers. Looking at it, though, with the inclusion of Pit and Metaknight Nintendo's going the middle way by including really raw looking, semi-obscure Nintendo characters. With Snake in the game, that's just too awesome. It may have open flood gates^, as there is alot of oppurtunity for cross promotion but there is also alot of legal issues to different companies using different characters. What we want or not doesn't matter, too much, as we will all see what goes down when the game finally come out.

Kao

Smash Cadet
The only reason Snake is in it is because Kojima begged. And him and Myamoto made a game together.

sn][p3r

Smash Cadet
You know just because Snake is from a different maker dosen't mean that it will be bad. Snake appeared in Metal Gear, a game for NES if it comforts you any bit.

n0b

Smash Rookie
Waluigi (Because he's a gimmick)
More Pokemon(Exception if they're radically different from the ones already in; no more puffballs, electric, and floaters)

And most of all Birdo. I would like to never have to see Birdo again, but as that probably wont happen, at least keep the piece of crap out of smash.

ReiGamer

Smash Rookie
Myztek said:
Solid Snake.

I would prefer it Nintendo-only.
So everyone knows it...

METAL GEAR and METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE... WERE FIRST PORTED TO THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM... even though they started out as a computer game... the very FIRST CONSOLE that ever saw a Metal Gear game was in fact NINTENDO!

Research a bit...

EDIT: not computer, for the MSX2... sry about that one

f1reice

Smash Cadet
Well, I might not be on Smashboards as much as I use to be...but I think I may have part of a closing on this subject! The point is that ANY character could be put into this game. They put it up to US to fill the rosters. ANY character can be in this game as long as they modify their moves alittle bit and make them look as though they are suppose to be in the game, right? SO, we send in the characters, and most every character EVER invented will be sent in by someone out there that thinks it would be good in the game...they cant put all characters into it, so that means they are gonna have to pick and choose what characters they think should be in the game anywayz. They have had AWESOME rosters in the past so obviously they will pick a good one this time...

We all have our doubts, but I'm sure that in the end...or, well, at least by the end of next year...everyone involved in the game will be satisfied by it...

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
No, they were for the MSX-2 game system, not the PC.

And Snake more recently appeared in the Gamecube title: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, which featured a cameo by Mario and Yoshi.

ReiGamer

Smash Rookie
JediNaruto said:
No, they were for the MSX-2 game system, not the PC.

And Snake more recently appeared in the Gamecube title: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, which featured a cameo by Mario and Yoshi.
Yea... I knew it was MSX2 lol... but I played an emulator... wh00ps.
BUT... MSX2 was owned by Microsoft... thank god Bill Gates doesn't own Snake *shudder*

EDIT: changed MXS2 to MSX2... lol dumb dyslexia.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
Plz, no more Pokemon except Raichu or Mew because they already have a counter. No minions, like someone else previously stated. And even though they might add FF7 characters, no other FF characters should be added. Cloud and Sephiroth was a breakthrough in gaming technology so they deserve to be in the best fighting game out. None of the gay games like balloon fighter or some crap like that. They should add Smithy.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Lord Knight said:
Not Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

That's it. No one else. The new FE character has to be somewhat interesting, and Ike does not fufill that condition. :( :( :(
I actually would like to see Ike in Brawl. Also, I don't like think Waluigi should be there. Nob is right he is a gimmik.

-SMB

n0b

Smash Rookie
SMB PORTAL said:
I actually would like to see Ike in Brawl. Also, I don't like think Waluigi should be there. Nob is right he is a gimmik.

-SMB
:) Glad somone agrees...the only reason he exists is because they thought "Oh, well we have Wario, we need an evil Luigi for all the sports games and Mario Party."

I still must repeat Birdo, I HATE Birdo.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Cloud and Sephiroth was a breakthrough in gaming technology so they deserve to be in the best fighting game out.
Never. I don't have anything against third party characters, but never.

SMB PORTAL said:
I actually would like to see Ike in Brawl.
If Ike wasn't a generic Fire Emblem Lord, I wouldn't mind either, but he was like half the characters in the game. He's so generic that people on this board have him in their sigs thinking he's Marth. :(

Etra

Smash Cadet
For the love of everything that is holy, no Cloud, Sephiroth, or any Final Fantasy characters.

And yes, that needed to be bolded.

c0nker

Smash Apprentice
I just love how people are constantly saying "I won't get this game if it has such and such character in it." what the heck is this? some form of defiance to nintendo? do you honestly think you're doing something there? teaching nintendo a lesson? negating less than 60 dollars from their profits? come on. if the character's in the game, and you hate that character, fight AGAINST instead of AS that character...that's not a hard thing to do.

on topic..

I wouldnt want to see any DBZ/Inuyashs/etc. anime characters except MAYBE naruto.. and definately no final fantasy characters...we all know the guys will choose cloud and the chicks will choose seph.. and nobody will choose doctor mario :< *cry*

..sora from kingdom hearts would be an awesome addition tho.. >.>

bass13

Smash Apprentice
no more pokemons there are to much already and no more characters from other consoles specialy sonic couse C falcon wouldent be the fastes if they put it in ssbb
snake is the only one that i would accept couse is too cool whit that boxi thing and i would like to see some more star fox characters like wolf

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
FF7 is my altime favorite game and even I dont want them in it. it would take too much from nintendo. as far as things such as snake being in it. i think thats great. alot of you say he doesnt fit in, but in a game where you can control a mean looking wizard (gannon) and fight off little cute animals... i think snake fits in just fine. its funny.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
As I said in another thread, I will kill someone if Sephiroth makes into this game. He is THE most overrated character in the entire video game district. If he makes it in, expect nothing but online battle after online battle against a bunch of Sephiroths because there's not a soul alive that won't try to master this guy and "pwn n00bs" with him. And I WON'T take a bunch of Sephiroth match ups in a straight row.

PillSpammer

Smash Rookie
JediNaruto said:
Dude. Being gay isn't a bad thing.

Guys can be hot, too.
On that note... i'd lke to see the guys from Brokeback Mountain in the game.
Their taunt could be...

"WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU??!?!?!"

Edit: yeah, so this was supposed to be about who you wouldn't want to see in the game. so yeah, no guys from Brokeback Mountain...

SmashBroPro

Smash Ace
Nintendogs have been confirmed as an item. You won't see them as a character.

There will be more pokemon characters, deal with it.

If they include more 3rd party characters, odds are very strong Sonic will be one of them. Dem da breaks kids.

Personally, I was a bit dissapointed with Snake being in. People can talk about Solid Snake and what not, but nobody inherently associates MG with Nintendo. The game is clearly moving in a new direction with the Nintenod naustalgia being bit less of the focus (not that it won't be there).

My list: pacman, megaman, wind waker style young link, and any Anime characters (though Lain would be hiliarious, instead of an attack moveset she could wonder about the existence of God and make metaphysical statements).

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Definately NOT Sonic or anyone associated with Sonic. If Sonic does make it into the game, he will, without fail, become my no#1 anthro punching bag.

Sonic just doesn't appeal to me, and the rediculous amout of talented people on Deviantart who insist on drawing nothing but Sonic fanart makes me hate him even more.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
am i the only 1 who loves all of Nintendo's characters? i even like Mr. Game & Watch and i think any1 who says he's not a good character has never seen a true master work magic with that black flat dude. also whats wrong with the ice climbers? they are 1 of the best characters on smash so i don't know why some of you guys hate them so.

to all the people who supports third party characters rather than Nintendo true rooted characters you guys are all seriously not true Nintendo fans and should stick with your ps, xbox and dc.
soo yea no third parties please!! i still can't stand Snake being in smash but he is 1 of those who is growing on me. he is infact a Nintendo character, well at least started out as 1.

another thing how come people want megaman in smash anyways? do you guys notice how Megaman would just be a Samus wannabee and i prefer Samus any day of the week.

Nintendo has too many characters 2 choose from 2 get a third party character. like they say why go out 4 a burger when you have steak at home. :)

Nite

Smash Champion
With everybody kinda freaking out about them putting Snake in Brawl, I think that you gotta consider that the first couple of Metal Gear Solids were on Nintendo. It isn't too much of a suprise that he is on here because of that, but he was mainly known for his appearances on Sony more than on Nintendo.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
characters to exclude:

all anime
all square-enix (with the exception of Mario RPG)
all xbox
all street fighter/mortal kombat/soul calibur/guilty gear/whatever fighting game...
all comics
99.8% of PS/2
anything without limbs (metroids, boos, goombas, etc.)
koopa troopers
Tingle (we've worked so hard to make him disappear, don't bring him back)

--
sonic should be in it not only because he does have Nintendo-feel, if with a dash more attitude, but because many of us who grew up during the Nintendo-Sega wars want to finally realize the Mario vs. Sonic dream. this was the subject of many a schoolyard debate, and there is no fighter better than smash to put this to rest. i, for one, was overjoyed when my old rival sega finally died. but then, surprisingly, i found myself so happy to see sonic and mario on the same system. it was like welcoming home an estranged brother, putting our past difficulties to rest, and finally living happily under the same roof.

the reason people want megaman in it is because of the six Megaman games on the NES, and the X series on the SNES. once upon a time megaman was also synonimous with Nintendo.

perhaps many of you are too young to remember Captain N the cartoon show. this show, all about the NES and living in the world of Nintendo, starred Megaman, Pit (Kid Icarus), and Simon Belmont, with guest appearances by Samus, Link, Zelda and Donkey Kong.

games like Megaman and Castlevania owe their life to Nintendo, so i believe these original characters of the 8-bit days very much belong here, in the greatest Nintendo battle of all time. they're intrinsic to the history of Nintendo. don't forget your roots.

and i'd much rather see these old-school boys from the NES days in smash than the bottom of the 1st party barrel, like Sheriff . of course, this is not to say that there aren't still oodles of N characters that need to be represented, such as Little Mac and Thomas from Kung-Fu (an NES release title and the very first Nintendo game many of us bought.)

Nite

Smash Champion
That was a nice explaination man. Good job! You are right about never forgetting about your roots. I would love to see Castlevania characters the most and Megaman and Zero would be awesome too. They do belong here and just because they are starting to have more titles on other consoles doesn't mean that we are going to forget about how much fun we had with them back in the day. Nice s**t.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone mention Cptn. Olimar (from Pikmin) i bet he will be there with diferent pikmin to throw at people with difrent effects. that wouldnt be too bad. I do think there are too many pokemon already though :mad:

and yeah! repeat what Kilroy said...

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
omfg...... the ONLY people so far who make perfectly good and logical sense, are nightmare and kilroy, i for one totally agree, no FF chars, sonic should be in the game, 1) hes on nintendos side ever since the downfall of the DC. 2) there have been countless "sonic v.s. mario" things going around, 3)not too sure, but i think yuji and shigeru are/were friends/aquaintances, 4) he has a possible moveset which people have been discussing for a long time, and 5) just for the heck of it! i mean come on, who wouldn't wanna see mario v.s. sonic? well, i guess those who said they didn't want too, but still, (a little overused, but who really cares anymore?) AND, i repeat, AND, if snake is in it, then why the heck not sonic? i think it would be fair to let him into the fray. if anyone else says other wise, then you are entitled to your own opinion any way, and please no "ur gay cuz u like all charz in it, n00b, ima pwn joo wit da gman mario cuz he got da jooz." i mean, thats just rediculous,

but, and i mean, but, if snake, and only snake were in it, then i would have to settle for only sonic to be in it, no raiden means no tails, if indeed there would be 3rd party characters, then atleast let it be only ONE character from that third party, or atleast make them unlockable, and,...........(breaths deep for another long paragraph) regarding megaman, i don't think he would make the cut, what exaclty would his moves be? unless anyone had forgotten, megaman has got a pretty long list of moves, eight moves for every game, so in total that would be.... 64? and to those who thinks hed play like samus, i guess ur kinda right, his grab will be the thunder claw from rockman 8, has a charge buster, dude. i could go on forever after reading all those lame posts about how they would dislike the game and its chars, it hasn't even been released yet for christ's sake! ok... enough...... ive wasted enough time typing this shizzit, and half of you wont even listen, so why bother anyway? BECAUSE! THATS WHY! btw, dont say stupid shizzit like "no sonic, no snake, no megaman.....ETC." without atleast reading this post, comprende? GOOD. :ohwell:

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'd have to agree on the no Tingle thing. Tingle just sucks.

I basically agree with everything kilroy posted.

Top Bottom