• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
mookie said:
I think that the crucial L-shaped block from tetris should be in the game...
Just imagine...fighting a block?
Oooo and its special move could be spinng really fast so it looks like a nazi swastika...
that'd go over quite well

Sonic for Brawl man sonic for brawl
Lmao, to be honest I actually think the L-shaped block would be a hilarious addition to the game! Perhaps an unlockable character? :chuckle: :chuckle:

DD151

Smash Journeyman
WarioFartPower said:
The fact is, people don't want to see countless more pokemon in SSBB. There are already pokeballs in the game which you can throw, why the need for more of them as playable characters? This is Smash Bros. not Pokemon Stadium.

Do you honestly think that characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu add spice to the game? Do you think they are beneficial to the game? No, they're not, hence why so many people don't want them in SSBB. They add nothing to the game, much better characters could take their places.

This is an open forum and people may express their opinions as they wish. If you can't handle that, don't go and cry in the corner about it and then come on here making immature little rants.

It won't win you any respect ;)
Whoever said there had to be "countless more Pokemon" in SSBB? 1 or 2 would give them as many characters in SSBB as there are from the Mario series, and I don't see any complaints about that. Also, there are many Pokemon that have lots of potential for being in a game like Smash, and even if there are 6 or so Pokemon as playable characters, there will be 30 or so more that aren't, making this a far cry from Pokemon Stadium.

Jigglypuff is one of the better characters in SSBM, and I want to see it return in the next game. I can't say the same for Pichu, but one character has to claim the title as the worst and there's nothing more fun the pwning people with the lowest of the bottom tier.

And despite the fact that there are people who don't want Jiggs/Pichu in the next game, there are many more that do.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally a fan of Jigglypuff, not becuase he is a pokemon, but because of his b move, he was one fo the few people I could actually win event 51 with.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
^ I could imagine Team Rocket(Jesse, James and maybe meowth) in SSBrawl, Knocking them off the stage upwards would be funny, and I can imagine their attacks
B:Throw a pokeball(traps the character for a few seconds, like Yoshi's B attack)
Down B:Dig A Hole(which soon traps the opponent later on)
Up B: Blimp
Side B: Wobbuffet/Shadow Pokemon(for low damage)
Super Attack: One of their crazy robotic inventions(Meowthinator)

WarioFartPower said:
Lmao, to be honest I actually think the L-shaped block would be a hilarious addition to the game! Perhaps an unlockable character? :chuckle: :chuckle:
A Tetris/Puzzle Game stage to SSBrawl would be awesome

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Idk about Team Rocket for some reason it doesn't seem right having them in or them being able to use Wobbuffet, but for some reason I don't think it'd feel right, but it would be comical knocking them in the air.

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
Antioch said:
yeah,
no final fantasy, no chrono, no street fighter, no naruto, and no dbz characters.
that's basically it. :D
dude come on you just named all the people i WOULD like to see in the next edition of smash brothers :mad:

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Final Fantasy can get there own fighting game they don't need this one, I don't think chrono either, street fighter and dbz have there own fighting games, and no naruto.

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
Final Fantasy can get there own fighting game they don't need this one, I don't think chrono either, street fighter and dbz have there own fighting games, and no naruto.
i realize they have there own fighting games or can easily get there own, i would just like to be able to have a fight between someone likr Ryu from street fighter and Vegeta from DBZ. It's just the novelty of having that oppurtunity that you couldn't get anywhere else but SSBB :p

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Dr Phil said:
i realize they have there own fighting games or can easily get there own, i would just like to be able to have a fight between someone likr Ryu from street fighter and Vegeta from DBZ. It's just the novelty of having that oppurtunity that you couldn't get anywhere else but SSBB :p

man read again what u are saying......... ryu vs Vegeta in smash?

FFS, that just sucks

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
Hydde said:
man read again what u are saying......... ryu vs Vegeta in smash?

FFS, that just sucks
and read what your saying, those are my two favorite characters from DBZ and Street Fighter...why not pit them against each other? It makes great T.V

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Redhairedpenguin12 said:
I'm personally a fan of Jigglypuff, not becuase he is a pokemon, but because of his b move, he was one fo the few people I could actually win event 51 with.
FireFox at Bowser is the key to success. Then just smash the remaining incompitents out of there. That's what I did.

Bah I don't like Jigglypuff much. Too annoying.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Dr Phil said:
and read what your saying, those are my two favorite characters from DBZ and Street Fighter...why not pit them against each other? It makes great T.V
Because I don't think anybody wants to see 2 anime characters in a Nintendo game. If you want to put those 2 characters in the pit against eachother, they need to be in some anime fighting game or something like that. Not in SSBB.

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
primusfan said:
Because I don't think anybody wants to see 2 anime characters in a Nintendo game. If you want to put those 2 characters in the pit against eachother, they need to be in some anime fighting game or something like that. Not in SSBB.
Well, you have an interesting point and i respect it. but i'm just saying it would be a neat idea, i know i would atleast enjoy using some of those characters.

SmashBroPro

Smash Ace
Do you honestly think that characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu add spice to the game? Do you think they are beneficial to the game? No, they're not, hence why so many people don't want them in SSBB. They add nothing to the game, much better characters could take their places.

This is an open forum and people may express their opinions as they wish. If you can't handle that, don't go and cry in the corner about it and then come on here making immature little rants.

It won't win you any respect
Okay first of all it's just inane to talk about respect on a message board, particularly from someone who has been here since May. Get over yourself.

Second, anyone who responds to someone else's opinion with sarcastic smiley faces should definately not talk about immature rants. Maybe that's mature on AIM, but not here.

Third, how can you just say that JP added nothing to SSBM and just leave it at that. Have you even played the game? JP has a completely unique style, unlike any other character in any other fighting game. You might not care for that style, but to say that it added nothing to the game just makes you look ignorant.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Dr Phil said:
Well, you have an interesting point and i respect it. but i'm just saying it would be a neat idea, i know i would atleast enjoy using some of those characters.
It is a creative idea. I'm not really into anime myself, but if they were to put 2 charcters like that together, it needs to be in an all anime fighting game. Something like that just doesnt fit in Brawl.

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
SmashBroPro said:

anyone who responds to someone else's opinion with sarcastic smiley faces should definately not talk about immature rants. Maybe that's mature on AIM, but not here.
dude...smily faces are awsome! :)

primusfan

Smash Ace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Phil

It is a creative idea. I'm not really into anime myself, but if they were to put 2 charcters like that together, it needs to be in an all anime fighting game. Something like that just doesnt fit in Brawl.

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
primusfan said:
why wouldn't it fit into brawl. When i look at Capcom Vs Marvel 2 and then look at brawl, there are alot of similarities in the fighting style. They could easily incorporate Those type characters into the game thus wideing its possible amount of characters. Though i'm not so sure about DBZ...but ya i think street fighter could work.

Dr Phil

Smash Cadet
_the_sandman_ said:
No anime characters, no DBZ, no One Piece, no Naruto, no anime at all.
:mad: while were at it lets take out yoshi all the n00b fire emblem characters and donkey kong....those guys are wasteing space on the character list. :mad:

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
Characters I want to see in it other than what has already been confirmed:

Krystal, Blaziken, Dark Samus, Bowser Jr., Wolf O'Donnell, Diddy Kong

Since I don't really care what other characters make it in, I'll post a list of what I expect to make it in:

Any Non-Nintendo only Franchises. Everything up to this point has been Nintendo only. Snake is a special exception. if you view the video, you'll notice he got "invited". He's like those system specific bonus characters you got in SC2. He's obscure enough where he can fit, but if you throw in anyone else whose is more easily recognizable as a character from another system, then you indeed ruin one of the greatest things that makes the game so much fun.

And just for the record, I resent the comment of no more Pokemon, and no more Star Fox other than Wolf. Pokemon are quite fun, I'll have you know, and Krystal is one cool chica. They could go for more female characters anyway, they had like, what, 4 out of 25 characters that were female in Melee, two of which were essentially the same character?

I also resent the above comment. DK was around before Mario even had his name, so he deserves his place, not to mention the Donkey Kong Country games were a large part of the SNES's success. Fire Emblem happens to be an awesome franchise, and although Roy and Marth have yet to make any Western appearances other than Melee, Fire Emblem needs it place. In fact, that just gave me an idea: how about some Advanced Wars characters?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Dr Phil said:
:mad: while were at it lets take out yoshi all the n00b fire emblem characters and donkey kong....those guys are wasteing space on the character list. :mad:
HOW DARE YOU MORTAL FOOL!!WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DK ALL THOSE CHARACTERS RULE!!!!!

:ouch: :bigrocket
YOU--------------------- ME

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
DD151 said:
Whoever said there had to be "countless more Pokemon" in SSBB? 1 or 2 would give them as many characters in SSBB as there are from the Mario series, and I don't see any complaints about that. Also, there are many Pokemon that have lots of potential for being in a game like Smash, and even if there are 6 or so Pokemon as playable characters, there will be 30 or so more that aren't, making this a far cry from Pokemon Stadium.

Jigglypuff is one of the better characters in SSBM, and I want to see it return in the next game. I can't say the same for Pichu, but one character has to claim the title as the worst and there's nothing more fun the pwning people with the lowest of the bottom tier.

And despite the fact that there are people who don't want Jiggs/Pichu in the next game, there are many more that do.
The difference, when it comes to pokemon, is that there are MANY Pikachus, Jigglypuffs, etc. Whereas there is only ONE Mario, Bowser, etc.

Adding a pokemon is the equivalent of adding a koopa troopa. They are not unique, because there is more than one of the same kind.

Personally, I think having pokeballs in the game is a good idea and have no complaints about it, but have never really seen the point in pokemon as playable characters, with the exception of Mewtwo (as there is only one Mewtwo, making him unique).

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
dr phil, why are you being so selfish? saying that youd rather have anime chars over F.E. and stuff, but if thats your own opinion then please dont aaask why other people would rather have more pokemon or other games that have more relation to the NES than anime characters whom, infact, DONT have any relation whatso-ever to the NES, and i dont just mean the NES, but any other nintendo console, please be reasonable and think before posting, and besides, nintendo isnt dumb enough to totally ruin the game for anyone, if you dont want the 3rd party characters mentioned then wtf dont you just go on over to nintendo and personally tell them your f***ing self that you'd rather have anime in it and destroy the dreams and/hopes of others, suck that n***ah.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
SmashBroPro said:
Okay first of all it's just inane to talk about respect on a message board, particularly from someone who has been here since May. Get over yourself.
Lol, here we go with the old "I've been here longer than you"...

Does it matter how long I've been here? I think it's you who should get over yourself, do you think that having a higher post count than myself makes you more important?

Second, anyone who responds to someone else's opinion with sarcastic smiley faces should definately not talk about immature rants. Maybe that's mature on AIM, but not here.
Lol, I wasn't aware that using "sarcastic smiley faces" was immature, but there you go...

;) - there's another one for you.

Third, how can you just say that JP added nothing to SSBM and just leave it at that. Have you even played the game? JP has a completely unique style, unlike any other character in any other fighting game. You might not care for that style, but to say that it added nothing to the game just makes you look ignorant.
Yes I've played the game, hence why I'm eligible to give my opinion on what a rubbish character Jigglypuff is. He is just a weaker and lighter version of Kirby with no decent moves. Add to that the fact that he is incredibly annoying...

And to say that it added nothing to the game is my opinion. This is an open forum and opinions are allowed.

It's ignorant to forget that, so let's not be a hypocrite.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Dr Phil said:
Hahaha. Sorry I thought that was funny how you said that. I wasn't like, targetting you over what I said. Its just so many people suggest DBZ and other anime stuff.

By the way, my banner changed every once in a while.
Yoshi, Mario, Ice Climber, Marth, Link, Fox, Falco, Samus, Luigi, DK, Dr. Mario, Ness, and Ganondorf can all be seen at some point with our group.

Horray for low tier characters!

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
hokay, jiggs is not my cup of tea either, but to say that "it" added nothing to the game? C'mon, that type of comment has no reasonable justification at all. Have you, wariopower, heard of "wall of pain"? or the almost instant death sleep manuver? Now while i agree that we both HATE jiggs, again please talk sense instead of unjustified fallicies.

Now back on topic, the characters that are even considered candidates for ssbb, will at least meet the following requirements. A) It is a videogame character and has started out as such. B) the character, if owned, by a third party, the third party will at least have some affiliation with nintendo. C) can be any nintedo character.

so please lets keep the "characters you dont wanna be in ssbb" be actual candidates for the game.

*sorry if it sounded kinda preachy :dizzy:

I would not like new pokemon characters in the game besides the mains like pickachu or mewto.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
wariofartpower, yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but, have you forgotten that everyone else is also entitled to their own opinion? surely you havent.......... thus being said i make my point that you cant just say random sh*t about other peoples opinion, comprende wariofartpower?

oh, and btw, i dont give a d*mn what your next opinion is if it concerns this message, and if it does, then put a lid on it, because your only making others feel inferior..... meh

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
smash~bomber said:
wariofartpower, yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but, have you forgotten that everyone else is also entitled to their own opinion? surely you havent.......... thus being said i make my point that you cant just say random sh*t about other peoples opinion, comprende wariofartpower?

oh, and btw, i dont give a d*mn what your next opinion is if it concerns this message, and if it does, then put a lid on it, because your only making others feel inferior..... meh
Of course people are entitled to their opinions, it's called a debate. And in a debate you are allowed to freely express yourself, as I and others have done. So yes, I may say whatever I want about other peoples' opinions, and vice versa.

And I will continue to do so.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
smash~bomber said:
yes yes, sorry, but i just dont want people to start a flame war, i had witnessed one recently, it aint a pretty sight,*shivers* so its ok wit me if it be ok wit you
Fair enough, I have no intentions of starting a flame war, but if people choose to flame me merely because my opinion contrasts theirs, I will respond how I feel appropriate.

But I take your point :cool:

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I hope that char with the big sword i dont know his name, but from the other fighting game, he is really cheap he would mess up smash

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
but honestly people, please only put those chars who you think wouldn't make the cut, dont post their names only because you think those characters suck, ok? be truthful.........saying sonic wouldnt get in because "mario is teh r0xx0rz and sonic is dumb face" just isn't fair, get me? i for one woul personally like to see sonic get into the game....... only because its mine, and many others, personal preferance. ya dig?

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
The thing is, the more non-Nintendo characters added to the game, the less unique it becomes (by unique I mean Nintendo only).

It may end up that eventually a Smash Bros. game is released on all three consoles (you never know, could happen).

Vacuum Luigi and Fludd Mario are a big no-no for me. What SSBB needs is new and unique characters, not carbon copies of the same character.

As I've said before, I've never liked Dr. Mario, because he basically IS Mario. Should Dr. Mario be replaced, then I think Shadow Mario would be a perfect replacement. After all, Shadow Mario isn't actually Mario, so he would be unique.

Top Bottom