• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

entity

Smash Apprentice
I don't want Sonic or any other sega character. They just don't seem Nintendo-ish.

But I reckon Snake was a cool idea.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Well.. I used balerina as an example of how flexible he is.

Still.. I wish he relied a bit more on his dark power than kicking people.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
no i think they did a good job with ol Ganondorf, i admit i would of loved 2 see some dark magic but not get rid of his fighting abilities because witht he Triforce of Power he has 2 throw some punches. :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
This is very true..

Still, I'd love to see him use his magic ball attack.. Then again that'd just make another Samus.. Mewtwo already took that spot.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i'm glad 2 help. but i do think they solved that problem by giving Ganondorf all those cool magic effects in all his special B moves like 1 of my favorites his up B move shocks then leaves you in purple haze!!! his neutral A even has a magic attack. from what i recall Ganondorf can deal purple, electric, and even fire damage 2 your opponent were as Captain Falcon can only give you fire damage. :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
This is true...

God I hate the up B move.. It stop almost every attack!

And yeah, they did have magic attacks in the physical attacks.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FlareBlade said:
Well, I thinks that 25 characters is enough...but okay 5 new members can come and probably stay in the group but if it comes too many new n00b chars I´ll get mad ;___;
25!?!?! that's nowhere near enough 30-40 is closer to enough and it has to include Diddy Kong!

Sensai

Smash Master
mcpon said:
I hope they get rid of young Link. But I don't think they will, since they kept all of the characters from SSB in SSBM.
It's been confirmed that all the characters will NOT be returning...

...whether or not that means in the way they are currently, or period, is beyond me.

mcc

Smash Ace
i prefer SSBB to only have nintendo characters (boo snake :()

i also think they they should get rid of/change all of the clones. having characters with the same moveset (but minorly altered) degrades the value of the game. every character should be unique.

and they DEFINATELY need to change gannondwarf's moveset. i understand why they would make pichu=pikachu, dr mario=mario, etc., but gannon has NO RELATION WHATSOEVER with c. falcon. I guess they just got lazy :(

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wrong. They ran out of time. They originally had Ganondorf in the game as a swordsman, however, they didn't have time to finish him, so they removed him. Then, near the end of production, they noticed he was similar physically to Captain Falcon, so they re-put him in the game as a clone so that he could still appear.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
In no particular order :
Waluigi
Toad
Sora
Cloud
Pichu
Roy
Dr. Mario with his old moveset
Ganon - see above
Petey Piranha
Prof Kawashima
Red
Other Marios besides Paper

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Any sort of Resident Evil character. Anyone from bad games like Evolution Wars, even if the characters were cool. A boy and his Blob. Any of the new hunters from the new metroid game.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
ehh... well I wouldn't like to see...

- A kid disguised like a Teletubbie

- Oprah fighting like Sheik (oh my god!) l

- Big Mamma!! =P maybe she will fight very well and being at the top tier list lol! but I can't see her in Brawl Geezzz!

- Michael Jackson Prisoner- He won't be a good influence for a kid, so, he can't be in Brawl.

- Toys 'r us Giraffe - just, it can't be in Brawl... I'm so sorry Giraffe

- Bill Gates Twilight Microsoft - I won't pick him! =S

- Jim Carrey/Anna Faris (transformation like sheik) - That is freakin'! imagine Jim transforming into Anna! OMG! is a woman inside! <-- under certains conditions

and... mee like a secret character! lol! honestly, i'm a good smash player, but i can't see me like a character!! OMG! and thinking that anyone can pick me and play with me and make me lose! noooooo! lol!

Albert Anastasia

Smash Apprentice
I'd say no to Nintendogs, but they were in the preview, so too late for that.

But above all, no Sonic, and enough with the Pokemon (with the exception for Pikachu - unfortunately, he represents that franchise, and it's only fair to let him stay). We had four in SSBM, along with at least 80 of the **** things. Why do we need to have any more? I'd like a good reason for that, meaning none of those "represent the next generation" things.

TheSmashBro06

Smash Cadet
I would hate to see any characters that had little to no history with Nintendo.

But I would however like to see the following:
Sonic- For those who think Snake was in because he was born as a Nintendo character, your wrong. The First Metal Gear Solid was on the MSX and then ported to the NES

Young Link replaced with Wind Waker Link or Majora's Mask Link

Maybe replace Pichu with Lucario.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
krlos F. said:
ehh... well I wouldn't like to see...

- Big Mamma!! =P maybe she will fight very well and being at the top tier list lol! but I can't see her in Brawl Geezzz!
She can't be in Brawl? Thanks for ruining my dreams.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Albert Anastasia said:
and enough with the Pokemon (with the exception for Pikachu - unfortunately, he represents that franchise, and it's only fair to let him stay). We had four in SSBM, along with at least 80 of the **** things. Why do we need to have any more? I'd like a good reason for that, meaning none of those "represent the next generation" things.
It's nintendo's 2nd (or 3rd) best selling franchise

Leon-D

Smash Cadet
Eekooja said:
I swear to god if theres a nintendog in that game im gonna be ticked.
Did you miss the trailer? He's in there. He pops up in front of the screen and disrupts the view for a while.

Edit: And Honestly...I want Bomberman in the absolute most. He is more old school Nintendo the Sonic or Megaman could ever hope to be and deserves this. That's right. He deserves this.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:

She can't be in Brawl? Thanks for ruining my dreams.
So Sad!!! isn' it? I think she can't be in Brawl, 'cuz Big Mamma is just too sexy for being in brawl! lol!
But look the good side! Michael Jackson (prisoner custom) can't be in Brawl too! so that is a good news!.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
dam u pokemon haters, i hate u. pokemon is cool, sonic isnt. sonic is a little girl who runs around and bounces on stuff, if he was in the game the game would break, i dont want a super speed hedgehog running around me, mocking me. he cant fight. he can just run

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
FiErCe_oNi said:
dam u pokemon haters, i hate u. pokemon is cool, sonic isnt. sonic is a little girl who runs around and bounces on stuff, if he was in the game the game would break, i dont want a super speed hedgehog running around me, mocking me. he cant fight. he can just run
Sorry but I disagree with you. Sonic is WAY cooler than pokemon. The reason you don't want him in the game is because you know your reflexes aren't fast enough to handle him.

And yes, he can fight.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
no, because i would give up the game if a 3rd party character would be runnin around me, evading all my attacks, broken character. and pokemon is cooler than sonic, sonic sucks. he isnt cool. sega said sonic was cooler than mario and look at what happened to them

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
huh? sega said some bullcrap about sonic being cooler than mario and the next think u know mario 64 is released and sega cant make consoles anymore, if sonic was popular than sega wouldnt be pathetic

GREAT-ONE

Smash Journeyman
FiErCe_oNi said:
huh? sega said some bullcrap about sonic being cooler than mario and the next think u know mario 64 is released and sega cant make consoles anymore, if sonic was popular than sega wouldnt be pathetic
Its not poor sonic's fault, its segas. Sonic had nothing to do with sega's stupidity. Sonic adventure 1 and 2 were like two of dreamcast best games and they were **** good games.

Keep it up and you'll have to face me one on one.

Koops

Smash Journeyman
behind your left ear where it's always itchy
GREAT-ONE said:
I know look what happened to him, hes cooler than mario, cuz hes a pimp and you know it.
that's rich! you're joking right? eh? you aren't, well if mario's such a pimp then why is he the star best selling games of all time and sonic isn't near him in that, and in your quote you are technically saying that sonic is a pimp.

Top Bottom