• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you don't want to see in Brawl!

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
WHY NO MASTER CHIEF HE'D PWN EVERY ONE IN THE BUT HOLE
yeah, NO.

there shouldn't be master chief. 1.) He's not a Nintendo character 2.)Samus owns MC.(watch haloid) and don't type in all caps. It makes you sound like you're a n00b. oh wait... lol XD

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Which character I want to NOT be in SSB? Ash. Red would be the best choice for a human Pokemon character.

Seriously, Ash was never on a Nintendo system.

Avenger7x

Smash Cadet
yeah, no master chief.

I especially do not want to see any ******** new age pokemon. I think they should stick with the old faithfuls pika/jiggs. No pichu or mewtwo either. But I know pokemon is so popular that there will probably be more besides pika and jiggs.

As far as third party goes it's hard to say. I guess I don't really care because I know there probably won't be any totally obscure characters in their since they have so many new options to chose from with third party characters.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I'd also like to add No Megaman or Waluigi
Are you serious!!??

The bluebomber which is megaman!!!

There is no better capcom character than megaman

Ryu......no!
ChronoTrgger Characters...... NO!

Lastly Megaman is the best character for brawl

You must be in a megaman hate club or sumthing

Waluigi i would love to see, i just wouldnt like him to be a clone

Think about it pulling bombs out of anywhere!

God of shiek

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's in Brawl END OF STORY!!! Sakurai has no reason on why Sonic Shouldn't be in brawl, Sonic's the most requested 3rd party, and He does fit in with the game weather you like it or not. The day they announce Sonic in the game All of u Sonic haters will cry. lol :D

As for Characters that should be in the game I really give **** Who evers in or out will be fine by me. Just as long as they have my Peach and Sonic no heads will roll.

Edit:

My bad. It seems I forgot I was using my Bros Account. This post was made by Master Peach.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Ridley. Doesn't fit at all in my opinion. We've got happy and colorful characters, all purposefully expanded and retracted to be the same size and equally "humanoid" in more than 1 way, and then we've got a ****ing dragon the size of Olympus Mons charging in, flying around, and causing terror on a galactic scale.

Ridley wouldn't fit. The model wouldn't look right without him being gigantic, and there are so many other characters that would fit the slot.

I'm only saying this to Metroid fans who shouldn't get their hopes up, because I can't see him in Brawl, at all.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
All these characters such as Chuck Norris, Master Chief, Tetris Block WILL NOT APPEAR...... so no one worry about them.....Lets talk about characters who could possibly make an appearance that you wouldn't enjoy seeing.

D

Deleted member

Ridley. Doesn't fit at all in my opinion. We've got happy and colorful characters, all purposefully expanded and retracted to be the same size and equally "humanoid" in more than 1 way, and then we've got a ****ing dragon the size of Olympus Mons charging in, flying around, and causing terror on a galactic scale.

Ridley wouldn't fit. The model wouldn't look right without him being gigantic, and there are so many other characters that would fit the slot.

I'm only saying this to Metroid fans who shouldn't get their hopes up, because I can't see him in Brawl, at all.
I would literally laugh out loud if that was the case. Ridley would look so...weird. He'd be larger than Groudon!!

Put it this way: can you imagine Godzilla in Brawl? Nope.

Anyway, I'd hate for:

Sephiroth/Cloud
Third Parties (except Megaman, Geno, etc.)
Tetris Block
Blaziken
Very new characters

Fawriel

Smash Master
Time for some *****in', baby.

Character's whose confirmation I would dignify with nothing more than a shrug and a faint "meh":

Sonic, Lucario, Dark Samus, Hunter, Deoxys, Wolf, Megaman, any Fire Emblem character beyond two, Samurai Goroh, Paper Mario, almost any other Mario characters except Toad, any Star Fox character beyond three, Skull Kid, Vaati, Little Mac, Stafy, Tinstar.... and so on.

Characters I plain don't want in:

Ryu, any F-Zero character besides maybe Samurai Goroh, most 3rd party characters, Mii, Balloon Fighter, Laughing Dog, Dixie Kong alone, most Pokemon, including Jigglypuff, further Wario Ware characters, Petey Piranha, Daisy, Waluigi...

Characters who'd force me to rip out my eyeballs and burn them upon being announced:

Pacman, Tingle, Munchlax and any super-KAWAIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! Pokemon

Vali

Smash Ace
Character's whose confirmation I would dignify with nothing more than a shrug and a faint "meh":

Sonic, Lucario, Dark Samus, Hunter, Deoxys, Wolf, Megaman, any Fire Emblem character beyond two, Samurai Goroh, Paper Mario, almost any other Mario characters except Toad, any Star Fox character beyond three, Skull Kid, Vaati, Little Mac, Stafy, Tinstar.... and so on.
You have not sinned this day.

I could probably list several dozen characters that I don't want in, but I'd have to say (out of the serious suggestions) that Waluigi, Pacman, Tingle and most 3rd party suggestions (ESPECIALLY Tidus) have to top that list.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmm, I just can't seem to be able to love the little guy with the big nose...
But, very well, he's off the list and onto the people I'll give a chance ( like Diddy and Lucario ).

I repent! *falls to his knees*

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I hope young link returns and not as cel- shaded link

but we wanna see tingle!!

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca

happy colorful characters? you HAVE seen ganon, bowser, and now snake, right? (well, bowser doesnt fit as much, but you get the point)

regarding the size, have you seen 1) the cinematic at the beginning of melee which shows samus and ridley (approxamitely the same size), and 2) a game like mario sunshine, where bowser is about 200 times the size of mario; any kirby game, where he is stated to be about 8 inches tall; or a pokemon game, where pikachu is a little over a foot tall? yeah, they dont really match up to 6 foot plumbers, but they make it work. size isnt an issue.

next, for looking 'humanoid'...combine pit's and pikachu's models. that simple. you have a being with two arms, two legs, two wings, and a tail. its not really that hard. plus in most of his game he does stand on just two legs.

ridley isnt really that hard to make a smasher. he'd just look weird at first. but then again, before i saw melee, i would have thought the same for the ic's, game and watch, and even mewtwo. but they made that psychic pokemon that floats constantly look good. if they wanted to, they could make a metroid a playable character, and they would make it look good. (but thats probably not going to happen).

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
right well here we go - characters i absolutely do not want to see in -

Sonic (or anybody else from the series for that matter)
Megaman
Geno
Anybody from Any final fantasy games
really stupid suggestions like tingle, tom nook, etc
Olimar
Miis

hmm that got most of the big ones out of the way.

Further - the size argument has no ground here (for Any character), and has been covered in many times and places unnamed

JoeLewko

Smash Rookie
I really would not be happy if Pac-Man made it. We have enough round ball-like characters (two is enough for me).

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Chuck Norris. It's not even funny. Nobody likes him.
Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that.

PS, 80% of the internet-goers absoloutely adore him.

happy colorful characters? you HAVE seen ganon, bowser, and now snake, right? (well, bowser doesnt fit as much, but you get the point)

regarding the size, have you seen 1) the cinematic at the beginning of melee which shows samus and ridley (approxamitely the same size), and 2) a game like mario sunshine, where bowser is about 200 times the size of mario; any kirby game, where he is stated to be about 8 inches tall; or a pokemon game, where pikachu is a little over a foot tall? yeah, they dont really match up to 6 foot plumbers, but they make it work. size isnt an issue.

next, for looking 'humanoid'...combine pit's and pikachu's models. that simple. you have a being with two arms, two legs, two wings, and a tail. its not really that hard. plus in most of his game he does stand on just two legs.

ridley isnt really that hard to make a smasher. he'd just look weird at first. but then again, before i saw melee, i would have thought the same for the ic's, game and watch, and even mewtwo. but they made that psychic pokemon that floats constantly look good. if they wanted to, they could make a metroid a playable character, and they would make it look good. (but thats probably not going to happen).
"Happy, colorful, characters", was just to signify that they were toned down to be "teen-friendly". Honestly, if you think that Snake is going to be returning as dark as he in the games, well, then you're in for one hell of a shock. Simply put, even if Ridley made it into Brawl, it simply would not be the same, for the same reason Snake fans are going to be dissapointed with him in Brawl (I'm predicting this).

Also, in the cinimatic trailer, Ridley and Samus are not the same size (0:26).

Ridley is though to make look good. Mewtwo is a humanoid. He holds out his hand, and bam, their hurt. Mister Game and Watch was probably the easiest to make a smasher simply because he has so many items at his arsenal. And Ice Climbers weren't that hard I imagine, either. I don't know, really, it's just that Mewtwo never gave off the impression that he flew, yet Ridley travels through space and breathes fire... and just... forgive me, doesn't have that large of a fanbase to deserve the slot.

Samus, and even Zero-Suit Samus, is a stretch. Metroid has maybe... 3 characters? And some crappy Gamecube spin-offs (man am I asking for it...), it just doesn't have the qualities that some others do.

Of course, I already got who I wanted in (Pit), so I'm not alluding to anyone in particular, but Ridley wouldn't make a good smasher.

And it would suck.

Neo9104

Smash Rookie
Characters I really don't want to see:

Anymore pokemon. Please just leave it at Pikachu, the round one (I forget his name), and Mewtwo...

Petey Piranha... I have had enough with Petey Piranha.

Bowser Jr... There is no point in that little fellow. I just don't like him that much.

Third Party characters...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Ridley and Samus may not be the same size in the intro, but Ridley is not as dominating in size as he normally is, just only a little bigger than Samus. Regardless, it shows that they can resize him if they want to. I don't mind people not wanting Ridley and not expecting him in brawl, but to say he can't be in because of his size is, for the lack of politeness, stupid.

Ridley travels through space and breathes fire... and just... forgive me, doesn't have that large of a fanbase to deserve the slot.
I'd like to know just how big a fanbase has to be for you to consider a character to deserve a slot. If Ridley's fanbase isn't big enough, then that means a lot of characters also don't deserve to be in the game. I think you really are underestimating Ridley's fanbase, especially seeing as even the Japanese seem to want him, and they aren't as fond of the Metroid series. If anything, Sakurai has shown a lot of interest in him, whih is the most important thing.

And Sakurai has expressed desires to give more representation to the Metroid franchise, and he wasn't merely talking about ZS Samus. It's likely he'll add another character from Metroid, and Ridley is the best choice.

, but Ridley wouldn't make a good smasher.

And it would suck.
You know this, do you? You have seen the future and have irrefutable proof that Ridley is definitely going to suck and be a poor smasher if he is added? Or are you just speculating and merely presenting your predictions as fact?

Just because you can't think of a way of making Ridley workable doesn't mean Sakurai and the team can't.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Ridley and Samus may not be the same size in the intro, but Ridley is not as dominating in size as he normally is, just only a little bigger than Samus. Regardless, it shows that they can resize him if they want to. I don't mind people not wanting Ridley and not expecting him in brawl, but to say he can't be in because of his size is, for the lack of politeness, stupid.
No it's not. Resizing a character never works out, especially for the form of Ridley. The model would look strange, even with Sakurai's team behind it. Of course, I'm just speculating all this, since none of us have facts, but I just couldn't see him look the correct size without looking like a wimpy bird, since he's supposed to be intimidating.
I'd like to know just how big a fanbase has to be for you to consider a character to deserve a slot. If Ridley's fanbase isn't big enough, then that means a lot of characters also don't deserve to be in the game. I think you really are underestimating Ridley's fanbase, especially seeing as even the Japanese seem to want him, and they aren't as fond of the Metroid series. If anything, Sakurai has shown a lot of interest in him, whih is the most important thing.

And Sakurai has expressed desires to give more representation to the Metroid franchise, and he wasn't merely talking about ZS Samus. It's likely he'll add another character from Metroid, and Ridley is the best choice.
I was unaware Sakurai meant for more Metroid characters. Ridley would be the best choice in a Metroid series, but mainly because he's the only other character.
You know this, do you? You have seen the future and have irrefutable proof that Ridley is definitely going to suck and be a poor smasher if he is added? Or are you just speculating and merely presenting your predictions as fact?

Just because you can't think of a way of making Ridley workable doesn't mean Sakurai and the team can't.
I would now love to see Ridley in Brawl simply to see how Sakurai would make it work. What would his attacks be, exactly? Dive and bite? Claw? He's a flying beast. Since Sakurai can't have a flying character (and having limited air time would contridict his main ability), taking away Ridley's wings is like taking the venom from a snake. I can see you, as a Metroid fan, being dissapointed with my opinions, and I'm honestly trying to see both sides of the equation, but I can't see it working out.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
right well here we go - characters i absolutely do not want to see in -

Sonic (or anybody else from the series for that matter)
Megaman

Geno
Anybody from Any final fantasy games
really stupid suggestions like tingle, tom nook, etc
Olimar
Miis

hmm that got most of the big ones out of the way.

Further - the size argument has no ground here (for Any character), and has been covered in many times and places unnamed
YOU ARE INSANE! INSANE!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
No it's not. Resizing a character never works out, especially for the form of Ridley. The model would look strange, even with Sakurai's team behind it. Of course, I'm just speculating all this, since none of us have facts, but I just couldn't see him look the correct size without looking like a wimpy bird, since he's supposed to be intimidating.
I guess that's where you and I differ. I can see him fitting pretty well, granted bigger than the average character, but not overwhelmingly huge. Granted he won't be as intimidating as he is in the Metroid games, but I can still imagine him maintaining his ferocity.

I would now love to see Ridley in Brawl simply to see how Sakurai would make it work. What would his attacks be, exactly? Dive and bite? Claw? He's a flying beast. Since Sakurai can't have a flying character (and having limited air time would contridict his main ability), taking away Ridley's wings is like taking the venom from a snake. I can see you, as a Metroid fan, being dissapointed with my opinions, and I'm honestly trying to see both sides of the equation, but I can't see it working out.
Last time I checked, Pit and Meta Knight have wings, and Kirby can practically fly. Obviously, Ridley won't be as prevalent in the air as usual, but he can still be given a strong air game. And while biting and clawing would suit Ridley, he also has a feaking huge tail that could be used. Personally, I don't think his design is limiting his moveset possibilities.

Granted, Ridley is undoubtedly a complex character, and wouldn't be anywhere near the easiest character to implement. However, it's partly that reason that I'd like to see what Sakurai makes of him, as I personally think it could turn out to be one of the most interesting characters in the game. However, it's also because of his complexity that I appreciate that some people like yourself struggle to see him working. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if Sakurai's up to the challenge.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
YOU ARE INSANE! INSANE!
Sonic should be put in simply to appease to the 100,000 fans online who will not stop talking about him. It matters not to me whether or not he makes it in, really, even though he's a douche (anyone who says lines as lame as "It's time to rock and roll!" in our generation has to be a douche).

As for Megaman... I fear he'll be a Samus knock-off...

CasMat

Smash Cadet
Blaziken, or for that matter any pokemon that's not Lucario or Deoxys or one from melee.... besides Pichu; Pichu should go.... die in a fire
Any starfox character that's not Krystal, Wolf, or Falco
Tom Nook
Any F-Zero X/GX character besides Cpt. Falcon
Shadow Mario (Baby Bowser is fine but if he transforms....)
Tingle
A WarioWare character
A Metroid Prime: Hunters only character
Daisy or Waluigi

Good thing none of the ones I don't want have a chance.....

Vali

Smash Ace
Sonic should be put in simply to appease to the 100,000 fans online who will not stop talking about him. It matters not to me whether or not he makes it in, really, even though he's a douche (anyone who says lines as lame as "It's time to rock and roll!" in our generation has to be a douche).
Seen the Zelda anime? Link ain't a douche just because he was one for a while in that. Just because a character is taken in a certain direction doesn't brand them as a douche and before he was given a voice, he was a pretty awesome character. People shouldn't really hate Sonic for what he's become, but more appreciate the earlier finesse of his games and save all their hatred for the really godd*mn awful Sonic characters which have been added since Sonic went 3D. As for Sonic being in Brawl, I actually can't see him working that well (in my eyes he shouldn't do anything more than spin-dash and jump, he was fine that way).

As for Megaman... I fear he'll be a Samus knock-off...
Samus =/= Megaman. Give Sakurai 'n' co. a bit of credit in the creativity department. They both fire guns big whoop, Megaman has always had plenty of moves throughout his games (mostly gotten from bosses obviously) and they could easily be incorporated.

Plus I'd love to hear your justifications of why Olimar shouldn't be in Brawl.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, I think I should go and scribble some reference art for Ridley in Brawl, because really, I have NO idea how some people can't imagine him. I can do it perfectly. And he's awesome.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
- Snake, but he is already in
- WW Link, because Link is already in
- Young Link, because Link is already in
- Paper Mario, because Mario is already in
- Roy, so we can have at least a new FE character
- Petey Piranha