• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you sincerely believe will be in Brawl

volbound1700

Smash Master
Outside of those already announced, who else do you sincerely believe they will put in brawl.

Mine:

Luigi
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Marth
Jigglypuff
Ness
Captain Falcon
Baloon Fighter
Sonic
Megaman
Tails
Falco
Crystal
Windwaker Link
Ridley
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Stanley the Bugman - suprise

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^60 characters!! are you insane?, but it would be cool though, who I would like to see is Liquid Snake since Snake is already in, so why not him as well ***at least as an assist would be great Sakurai***

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think he will end up as a boss but he would be cool...

I am all for most the characters, why not have 50 something characters or 60...
Sakurai's not going to make the most popular character on the poll let alone his on creation be a boss only.

The reason why 50 lol 60 character is very unlikey it the sheer amount of work load that has to go into making them. I hope that's not your personal goal to have 50 plus characters because you will be dissapointed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
As much time as they have put into it, I don't see why not? Also btw, Nintendo is a Corporation and Corporations like to make money. They know that by sticking in characters like Megaman and Sonic, they will sell more.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Notice I also put two suprise characeters: Baloon Fighter and Stanley the Bugman.

Nintendo did that in Melee with Game and Watch, Marth, and Roy. I expect 2 or 3 suprise nintendo characters as well. Glad they added Diddy Kong.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sig, look at it.

Also, Sakurai did say that 50 was the maximun number of characters he could add, minimun was 40.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

King Dedede (Sakurai's creation.)
Captain Olimar (First Party Nintendo. Made by Shigeru Miyamoto. Without Miyamoto, there would be no Nintendo)
Tom Nook/K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing has an emblem. Also, AC was the fifth best selling game for the Gamecube. And Nook is a God in Japan)

Those are the only ones I'm positive of.

volbound1700

Smash Master

King Dedede (Sakurai's creation.)
Captain Olimar (First Party Nintendo. Made by Shigeru Miyamoto. Without Miyamoto, there would be no Nintendo)
Tom Nook/K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing has an emblem. Also, AC was the fifth best selling game for the Gamecube. And Nook is a God in Japan)

Those are the only ones I'm positive of.

Yeah I saw the Animal Crossing map so I suspect a character from that will be in it. I don't know a lot about Animal Crossing though, never played it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Krystal, Ridley.

Those are my top and only two really.

No need to say anything else, theres lots of room. Don't want to get my hope up on other characters.

-Onyx

volbound1700

Smash Master
Actually everyone this is not who you want, it is who you will believe will be on it.

I want a lot of third parties: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Megaman, Zero, Simon Beaumont (even though I never played Castlevania). I don't expect most of them to make it though.

LMAO I want Wart as a boss in campaign. Make a complete list of who you believe will be in it besides already confirmed.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Actually everyone this is not who you want, it is who you will believe will be on it.

I want a lot of third parties: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Megaman, Zero, Simon Beaumont (even though I never played Castlevania). I don't expect most of them to make it though.

LMAO I want Wart as a boss in campaign. Make a complete list of who you believe will be in it besides already confirmed.
Wart would be a cool boss for Peach's storyline seeing as she has those veggies at her disposal. Ha.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Luigi
Bowser Jr.(w/ or w/o Shadow Mario)
King Boo
Geno
Krystal
King DeDeDe
Balloon Fighter
Sukapon
Stafy
Bubbles
Takamaru
Muddy Mole
Hakkun
DeMille
Ridley
Ganondorf
Vaati
Midna
Tingle
Marth
Black Knight
Lyn
Hector
Ephraim
Mr. G & W
Little Mac
9-Volt
Isaac
Felix
Tom Nook
Sonic
Mega Man
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Cpt. Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Ness or Lucas
if there is Lucas then put in Claus
Sheik is pretty much in Brawl....but w/e

Top 3(in no real order):
Takamaru
Midna
Geno

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Goemon! Goemon! Goemon!!! Ebisu for clone, Sasuke and Yae for Assist. Super Impact Goemon for Final Smash. I also want to see Pacman in it. The Pac-Man world Series is gaining (popularity). Pac-Man is and will ALWAYS be famous, so a match between Mario, Pac-man, DK an The Bomb(er)man would be a dream come true. Oh and The Bombman. Bombman fans know why.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
King Dedede and Ridley.

I wish that I could say Isaac was one I know will make it, but I can't be sure.:(

Hong

The Strongest
D: This thread is misleading since the title says "Characters you sincerely believe will be in Brawl", but most of the post are characters people want in Brawl, which would make this like the 511254151521 topics we get every darn week.

Bah, anyhoo. I'll post character I think will be in Brawl whether or not I want them.

King Dedede
Really, it's kind of obvious. 5 Responses in the polls, high popularity and has appeared in more Kirby games than the already confirmed Meta Knight, as well as being the greater rival to the title character. Putting in Kirby, Meta Knight but not King Dedede would be like putting in Mario but not Luigi, or Zelda but not Ganondorf. I won't even get into the fact Meta Knight served under King Dedede more than once. That and it's very, very easy to draw a moveset for this character. This could be Sakurai's last chance to work with his own creation. Would he really just leave him out?

Ridley
Villian? Check.
Metroid character? Check.
Unique qualities? Check.
We need more Metroid characters and Sakurai wants more aerial combat, so there's really no better choice than Ridley. There is no better Metroid villian and there's no reason not to put him in with his popularity and importance.

Sonic
Eww. D: Well, he's the most wanted third party character. Ah well. :/

Krystal
Could easily replace Falco if Wolf O'Donnel doesn't. Very unique interesting character. I'm actually not too fond of Star Fox characters since they remind me of furries. xD
Oh, we also need to up the amount of female fighters.

Wind Waker Link
Nintendo considers Wind Waker a true landmark for the series. This character would replace Young Link but be radically different with his body shape and inventory. Sakurai also has a liking for strange or obscure characters, and no one fits the bill any better.

Another Fire Emblem Character
We'll obviously get at least one more. Roy is out, probably Marth is well. Here's a logical list of possibilities in order of likeliness;
Black Knight (villian, Ike's rival)
Macaiah
Marth (If he returns)
Sigurd
Mia
Soren
FE1 mentions

The only character up there that didn't appear on the polls is Macaiah, but her game wasn't release world wide at the time so it's easy to get the Roy treatment. She'd go along well with Ike, is completely different from the rest of the cast and isn't exclusive to Japan.

Lucas, Princess Kumatora or Jeff
We'll probably get at least two MOTHER reps. Lucas could replace Ness. If he does it's between Princess Kumatora and Jeff. As much as I like Jeff, Princess Kumatora has a lot more popularity amongst people who had the chance to play MOTHER 3.

Geno
Second most wanted third party characters from what I understand. He's beyond unique and obscure, as well as having a cult following. I think he's just as sure to get in as Diddy Kong and Ike.

Indefinitives
Animal Crossing Rep
Could Smashville be saying "Sorry, but we couldn't think of anything better."? Well, I could sure as heck think of 101 moves for Animal Crossing characters, but I'm not so sure about Sakurai. Keep in mind, look at how many movesets he has developed so far. He's probably more creative than I am, and clearly has particular liking to Animal Crossing. It's highly possible but not definitive to put them with the rest.

Characters I'd like to see but lack enough supporting evidence or claims;
Takamaru
Demiru
Simon Belmont

Shuma

Smash Hero
Oh Well... If this thread is staying, better do a nice post...

Ok.

Wolf O'Donnell:

Let's See, He's a Villain, he's important to the Franchise, he has been Fox's Rival since always, he's Badass, Popular, was on the poll and has a small-mid fanbase. But... does he stand a chance?

Well, Star-Fox is one of the most recognized Nintendo Franchises, so think he deserves a spot, besides, having Krystal(she's a given), Fox, Falco AND Wolf it's not much, considering Pokemon and Nintendo have around 6 characters and Zelda around 5. Besides if Sakurai was Serious with the "We requiere more minerals Villains" then Wolf is a Given.

Ridley:

Hmmmmm ... Ridley... an Oversized Dragon has no place in Brawl *Ridley Eats n00b*.

This is heard quite frequently around here. Size is not an issue Fellow Smashers! Bowser was Gigantic Before! Bigger Than Ridley! And he is in the Game!.

Besides, who else is going to rep the Metroid Franchise? Dark Samus? we'll cover that later. Ridley, is the most important character in the Metroid Franchise besides Samus Herself!. He Destroyed Samus Home and Killed Samus's Parents in front of Her... While trying to kill her when she was just a little Girl.

Of course he Failed, then the Chozo found Samus, and helped her become the warrior she is now, See? It's all Ridley's Fault! Withouth him there would be no Samus. Undeserving? Ha!. Also, many think Ridley is a mindless Monster, Fools! He is the Supreme Commnder of the Space Pirates in each game(not the Boss, the Big Bad boss is "Pirate HQ"... whatever that means). Still, he is more important than your pansy... wait... who else could you add to the Metroid Roster? Ahahahaha.

Ridley For Brawl! Don't believe me? Foo! Read the First page of the new Ridley thread and be enlightened.

The Black Freaking Knight:

We all know there are TONS of Fire Emblem Characters, and most of them have a Fanbase, Sothe, Sigurd, Eprhaim, Hector, Lyndis... The list goes on.

But let's see at Ike... ooooh yes... The Black Knight is Ike's Nemesis! He killed Ikes Father(i think it was his father... i don't own the game) just in front of him, He's also very important in the last FE games, but i would have to spoil the story, go to the Black Knight Thread, there's info on the last pages.

Now Everyone thinks he's a cliche Black Knight, well... No, he's pretty Original save the name. But... is he deserving to be in Brawl? Well... Yes, if Ike is in i think that makes the Black Knight a shoe in, with all the villain talk and with the Black Knight being on the Poll. Besides it would be very easy to make him a luigified clone of Ike.

Besides, if Marth is out of the game(hey don't look at me like that, he could be out of the game) then that would definitibly(spelling is a *****) make the Black Knight a shoe in, leaving more space for the FE Roster, since i expect at least 3 rep for the FE Series.

Dark Samus:

"Oh noes, not another Samus!, she would totally be a clone!"

Ok, first than all i will call Dark Samus a He, he is genderless so it would be an it... but whatever.

Ok... let's see... a Clone? Dark Samus drops balls? Nope, has a morph ball feature? nope Screw Attack? Nope, Missiles? Well... yeah, some kind of Blue Projectile but it's way stronger than Samus's Missiles, Charge beam? Nope. Grapple beam? Nope.

So would he be a clone? i think not, "but dude! what does he do then?" Oh now this IS where it gets fun, now i haven't played Corruption, so... he might do more things.

Well first than all, instead of the Power Beam, he has some kind of Scatter shot, he shots a barrage of Phazon uhhh "bullets" in a conic arc, like ">" , he floats(like mewtwo) has a "meteor" attack, kind of like Luigi's Attack, Dark Samus is engulfed in Blue Phazon and flys against you. He also has a "laser" beam, and can turn invincible(seriously the firs time he did that on Prime 2 i didn't know where he went unless he stared pumeling me with missiles).

So would he be a Clone? hell not. So, does he has a chance to be in Brawl?

Yep... pretty much, even with Ridley in the game, i think Metroid deserves at least 3 representatives, i mean why not? is one of nintendo's oldest frachises. Besides if Ridley is someday De-confirmed, that makes Dark Samus a shoe in.

Megaman:

Let's put it simple, if there's someone more deserving of a Third Party slot on Brawl other than Sonic that's Megaman, in my eyes, he deserves to be in Brawl.

I really don't know how high his chances are, i just know that he would be awesome in Brawl.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
wow, the billionth one of this kind of topic...

Krystal, Ridley, Dedede... I already got Diddy Kong, I will get the rest of mine.

D

Deleted member

D: This thread is misleading since the title says "Characters you sincerely believe will be in Brawl", but most of the post are characters people want in Brawl, which would make this like the 511254151521 topics we get every darn week.

Bah, anyhoo. I'll post character I think will be in Brawl whether or not I want them.

King Dedede
Really, it's kind of obvious. 5 Responses in the polls, high popularity and has appeared in more Kirby games than the already confirmed Meta Knight, as well as being the greater rival to the title character. Putting in Kirby, Meta Knight but not King Dedede would be like putting in Mario but not Luigi, or Zelda but not Ganondorf. I won't even get into the fact Meta Knight served under King Dedede more than once. That and it's very, very easy to draw a moveset for this character. This could be Sakurai's last chance to work with his own creation. Would he really just leave him out?

Ridley
Villian? Check.
Metroid character? Check.
Unique qualities? Check.
We need more Metroid characters and Sakurai wants more aerial combat, so there's really no better choice than Ridley. There is no better Metroid villian and there's no reason not to put him in with his popularity and importance.

Sonic
Eww. D: Well, he's the most wanted third party character. Ah well. :/

Krystal
Could easily replace Falco if Wolf O'Donnel doesn't. Very unique interesting character. I'm actually not too fond of Star Fox characters since they remind me of furries. xD
Oh, we also need to up the amount of female fighters.

Wind Waker Link
Nintendo considers Wind Waker a true landmark for the series. This character would replace Young Link but be radically different with his body shape and inventory. Sakurai also has a liking for strange or obscure characters, and no one fits the bill any better.

Another Fire Emblem Character
We'll obviously get at least one more. Roy is out, probably Marth is well. Here's a logical list of possibilities in order of likeliness;
Black Knight (villian, Ike's rival)
Macaiah
Marth (If he returns)
Sigurd
Mia
Soren
FE1 mentions

The only character up there that didn't appear on the polls is Macaiah, but her game wasn't release world wide at the time so it's easy to get the Roy treatment. She'd go along well with Ike, is completely different from the rest of the cast and isn't exclusive to Japan.

Lucas, Princess Kumatora or Jeff
We'll probably get at least two MOTHER reps. Lucas could replace Ness. If he does it's between Princess Kumatora and Jeff. As much as I like Jeff, Princess Kumatora has a lot more popularity amongst people who had the chance to play MOTHER 3.

Geno
Second most wanted third party characters from what I understand. He's beyond unique and obscure, as well as having a cult following. I think he's just as sure to get in as Diddy Kong and Ike.

Indefinitives
Animal Crossing Rep
Could Smashville be saying "Sorry, but we couldn't think of anything better."? Well, I could sure as heck think of 101 moves for Animal Crossing characters, but I'm not so sure about Sakurai. Keep in mind, look at how many movesets he has developed so far. He's probably more creative than I am, and clearly has particular liking to Animal Crossing. It's highly possible but not definitive to put them with the rest.

Characters I'd like to see but lack enough supporting evidence or claims;
Takamaru
Demiru
Simon Belmont
I disagree with some of those, but then you would with me.

Ridley I see as more of a boss, maybe more so since there's already one dragon in the rooster.

I like the Black Knight, but would feel a bit put out if the FE places went to Ike, BK, and Micaciah. That's like all from Ike's games. He's more likely as a boss.

Geno and Sonic I like. But they better do them good, or else it'll prove that hype does not make a character. Can you imagine Sonic being as bad as Pichu?

Hong

The Strongest
I disagree with some of those, but then you would with me.

Ridley I see as more of a boss, maybe more so since there's already one dragon in the rooster.
It's the fact there is no better second Metroid rep, and Sakurai said he wants to better represent Metroid. Like I said, not personal opinion. Just things that are almost concrete yet unconfirmed.

That and if you were referring to Charizard, I wouldn't worry. Charizard can't fly long from what I can understand based on his descriptions and appearance. That and Ridley's body shape, as well as his abilities are too different from Charizard's.
I like the Black Knight, but would feel a bit put out if the FE places went to Ike, BK, and Micaciah. That's like all from Ike's games. He's more likely as a boss.
He'd be too weak to be a boss. Bosses need to be stronger.

There isn't much choice if Sakurai intends to try to avoid Japan only characters. Since that leaves us 4 Fire Emblem games (10 coming out Nov 5th), you don't have much to draw from in terms of Lords/villians to counter Lords. I just listed what was on the poll. I'd personally like Macaiah but personal liking doesn't increase her chances. :p
Geno and Sonic I like. But they better do them good, or else it'll prove that hype does not make a character. Can you imagine Sonic being as bad as Pichu?
>.>
<.<
I'd sadly like nothing more than if Sonic was severely underpowered. This is my own disliking but I try to avoid saying such things because I don't want to make Sonic fans angry or something. D:

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Mario
Kirby
Zelda
Peach
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit
Wario
Zero-Suit Samus
Samus Aran
Ike
Fox
Bowser
Yoshi

D

Deleted member

Mario
Kirby
Zelda
Peach
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit
Wario
Zero-Suit Samus
Samus Aran
Ike
Fox
Bowser
Yoshi
How original. I feel I've seen it before, but I can't think where...Lunadis, your sig is great. What does boyd have planned for mist? Muhahahaha.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Besides the ones confirmed, I truly believe these characters will be in Brawl. Whether they become ATs, playable characters, or bosses is a mystery.

1. Ridley
2. King DeDeDe
3. Captain Falcon
4. Luigi
5. Cel-Shaded Link
6. Ganondorf
7. Jigglypuff
8. Krystal
9. Marth
10. Anybody from Animal Crossing

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I hope all originals and some characters from melee return.
Not including : Y.Link, Pichu, Roy or Marth (I'm not too bothered about who goes) and Dr Mario.

I sincerely believe these new characters will be in Brawl (In no particular order):

1. Sonic
2. Geno
3. Ridley
4. DeDeDe
5. Somone from AC (Nook, Resettii or Animal Crosser)
6. Megaman
7. Wolf O' Donnel
8. A new FE character
9. Lucas
10. Lucario
11. Skull Kid

Maybe that's a bit too much but meh.

IllidR

Smash Champion
He'd be too weak to be a boss. Bosses need to be stronger.

There isn't much choice if Sakurai intends to try to avoid Japan only characters. Since that leaves us 4 Fire Emblem games (10 coming out Nov 5th), you don't have much to draw from in terms of Lords/villians to counter Lords. I just listed what was on the poll. I'd personally like Macaiah but personal liking doesn't increase her chances. :p>.>
Thanks for defending Black Knight Lunadis!:) Now i won't have to.

Anyway.. the characters i truly believe will be in Brawl in no particular order are:

1. Sonic
2. King Dedede
3. Ridley
4. Captain Olimar
5. Krystal
6. Black Knight (Well not totally sure.. but like 75%)

Top Bottom