• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters you're terrible with.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I may be tired, but I don't get this. Elaborate please?
Elaboration on why I'm terrible with certain characters:
Sonic: I prefer to play fast characters, but not characters this fast. He zooms all over the stage too fast for me.
Gannondorf: He's. Freaking. SLOW. Sonic's chief taunt is, "You're too slow!"
Wolf: His side-B goes all over the place, and his up-b is... not like Fox's. xD
Game and Watch: I can't control the 2-D ancient for the life of me. Some of his moves seem a bit too jerky. :/

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Ice Climbers. Holy. ****.

Whenever random picks them for me, I instantly restart/forfeit. I abhor them. I'm surprised anyone even decided to learn how to use them. R.O.B. is second, but Ice Climbers win by a landslide.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
More than half the cast. There are like 7 characters I enjoy playing as, and the rest I don't even touch unless I'm learning how to fight them or just messing around.

The Myk

Smash Rookie
Well, all characters in general, I'm not that good xD

But to be specific, I'm not good with characters that wear a dress. Sorry there Peach, your frying pan just doesn't hit hard enough for my taste!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just Sonic now. He's too fast and too weak and it drives me up a wall. It baffles me to how people can even kill with him when his only move that has a decent amount of KO potential is his fsmash and that's one of his slowest attacks. I'm so glad he's much worse than Mario though. :laugh:

I used to suck with Snake too only because, for a time, I refused to play as him since so many other people I knew did. His tricks aren't that hard to learn and the beastly tilts definately help.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely can't and will not use Yoshi. When I get Yoshi out of random I always reset

Olimar and ICs are confusing to play with.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Metaknight, I'm to used to having killing power. I'm sure if I practiced, I would be much better with MK becuase he is such a button-mash freindly character. Oh well.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I've been working with Sonic for a while because he's the last character that I just simply fail as. Since I routinely play lower tier characters (Link, Yoshi, and Peach, in particular), when I go up to a higher level it's not nearly as akward as going the other way around.

With Sonic, once your opponent figures out how to deal with your various spin related approaches, what do you do? Play rock, paper, scissors with grab/dash attack/fake out? You deal like 5-10 damage per success to your opponent's 10-20... it's just akward, and none of my usual plan B's (air game, walk rather than run, projectile/ranged attacks) are effective.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I just can't use Sonic or Pit. Not being able to kill = fail. I can't recover consistently with ness, but if can pull of his aerials well so it balances out.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
I might get shot for this, but I absolutely despise playing with Lucario... I simply have no killing power with him... And I'd actually choose Jigglypuff any day over King Dedede, what a disapointment he was to me... but I still love the fact that he's in there, the more the better right?

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
I was so excited when I heard Wario would be in the game cause I use him in every other game (Mario Party, Kart, etc.) but when I tried him out I didn't like his style :( Oh well lol.

Also, I can't play any good at all when I'm Sonic, King Dedede, Jigglypuff, or R.O.B.. Yeah I know haha.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
For the love of God, I can't use Sonic. At all.

Donkey Kong is a close second, followed by Yoshi and maybe Jigglypuff.

I've got trouble with Dedede too.

In other words: All the characters that I couldn't play in Melee and some new ones.

And Toon Link...feels so different from what I experienced with Young Link ;_; I thought he would be my secondary, but I can scrap that now, I just don't feel comfortable anymore with his playstyle...

half_silver28

Smash Ace
well my 2 worst characters by FAR are pit & diddy kong. I just don't really like them that much, so I never practice or play as them. IC are a distant 3rd, and I almost have to add mk to the list as well (I somehow always manage to completely screw up his up B lol)

everyone else I'm at least decent with XD

Scott!

Smash Lord
I can't manage anything at all with Olimar, Yoshi, Falcon, G&W, or any heavyweights besides Ike. I can't even play Snake. Well, with him, it's more that I just don't enjoy his style, and thus haven't learned to do anything with him. He's overused anyway though, so whatever.

FortWilliamLoyal

Smash Rookie
The likes of King Dedede. I just think he's terrible:confused:I'm generally not very good with the heavier characters, prefer the mid to fastest characters over brute power. Also, I'm not very good with Olimar, cannot seem to work out his move set in the slightest!

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I am pure fail with Link. That boy has absolutely no ups, and his attacks (for my play style) are cumbersome and awkward. But the worst is his abyssmal jumping ability.

The great irony in this is that Legend of Zelda is by far my favorite series in all of gaming, and TP among my favorite games ever. So Link in one sense should be my favorite. Instead, I dread doing the "Clear X with every character" when it's his turn. =X

I'm also failsome at Yoshi's Dair, the Mother boys, and especially Samus. I feel like I'm getting better with Ganondorf, though (who was earlier on this list).

Boa

Smash Cadet
I'm incredibly bad at Wolf. It's like Falco and Fox made sweet love while being blended and out popped Wolf.

Mcam

Smash Rookie
Ness, Jigglypuff and sonic -.-
Ness's jump and how to use his attacks i find hard..
Jigglypuff can be hard on small stages
Sonic way too fast for me to control..

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
honestly, i've probably used every character at least once or twice. I train with every new character I get.
but if i had to pick three?

King Dedede - i live this slowpoke, but i blow with him
Marth - I've sucked with him since Melee
Luigi - I have NO IDEA WHY but I can't control him and his recovery style doesn't match what I like.. I hate not doing good with him either.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Sonic for sure, I can't even get close to being good with him.

Also, I really can't stand the playstyle that makes Snake effective, so I'm probably bad with him too.

Ninii

Smash Rookie
Snake... It's hard for me to get used to his attacks. His side-A attack seems so... delayed, too.. if that makes sense... it may be just me because I fail at him. D:
I'm kind of bad at Lucario and Sonic, too. Same deal with Snake, their attacks are a bit difficult for me to control. :B

Top Bottom