• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Tactical Discussion

Miles.

Smash Champion
everytime i get drunk i try to get people to freestyle rap battle me, why is mike haze the only one thats down.

flying high!

i got mad beats and i love fat *****.

(i play the drums, sometimes naked)

Miles.

Smash Champion
everytime i get drunk i try to get people to freestyle rap battle me, why is mike haze the only one thats down.

flying high!

i got mad beats and i love fat *****.

(i play the drums, sometimes naked)
the bleeped out work is the bad word for butts, but it is plural.

*****, pokemonmasterirl loves fast ***** IRL

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
No matter how awesome your post is when you get drunk, Miles, it will never be as awesome as some post on the Bowser boards. This was, like, 2 years ago and this dude must have been wasted more than my money. He was going on about how Bowser was "a black guy with no face beards. Is this mere coin? No says the myself!" It was hilarious and these guys argued about it. One guy said that it made sense if you read it while drunk and another guy said it didn't. Did anybody else see that crazy thread? Miles' drunk freestyle it teh shiz.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
****, I want to play Charizard if this is what you people consider a tactical discussion.

(Not trying to knock you guys, freestyle rap battle too ****ing good.)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Fsmash would be much more useful if it wasn't multihit. The first hit gets clanked or overpowered by everything which makes its massive range a bit less useful. Its a big pay off to punish landing lag, but even when people aren't using an attack, doesn't the first hit pop them away from the 2nd hit at times?

Is there any application for this similar to the "new" DASC combo. Can you push yourself off of platforms with Fsmash?

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Dtilt is amazing. It's fast and next to lagless and makes a great KO move. It also has great range. It's a fast move with power from a heavyweight. What's not to like?

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh **** i totally just stole my boss' pen at work hopefully he doesnt notice

Tesh

Smash Hero
Plenty of moves do. At low percents mostly, but I was wondering if it works, since the super armor would power through any counterattack.

T-block

B2B TST
I would think that the d-tilt would still send them too far forward to connect to Fly. Even if it does connect, the final hit is really easy to DI, especially if you're using it more than once in a match.

Vermy

Smash Champion
From the ledge of battle field, you can use fly and land perfectly on the side platform with no lag. (Y)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Not ledge cancel.
After grabbing a ledge, tap the control stick away from the ledge, hit up b. If you angle it right, you'll land on the platform before freefall. Thus, no lag. The SA frames make it safe too. If done correctly, you'll leave the edge with SA frames, then attack frames, and land, able to shield instantly.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Not ledge cancel.
After grabbing a ledge, tap the control stick away from the ledge, hit up b. If you angle it right, you'll land on the platform before freefall. Thus, no lag. The SA frames make it safe too. If done correctly, you'll leave the edge with SA frames, then attack frames, and land, able to shield instantly.

Haha oh yeah goood stuff Vermysaur.

I thought you were talking about the glide attack haha.

This sounds cool, we need to be aware of our level specific tricks such as this.
Any little thing we can use to our advantage.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So Charizard's bair is pretty much my favorite move in the game. Forget Rock Smash. Hitting an opponent with an un-sweetspotted bair or two followed by a dair spike is really too flipping good. I half-jokingly tell my friends they got Zig Combo'd when I get them with that, haha.

Vermy

Smash Champion
sourspot bair for God tier.
i'm more so in love with Zard's utilt. Poking at people on platforms above me in particular. TRIANGLE OF DOOOOOOOOM!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not ledge cancel.
This sounds amazing. I've never experimented with Charizard's Up-B like this, although Ivysaur's works in the same way.

I'll give it some testing.

Vermy

Smash Champion
This sounds amazing. I've never experimented with Charizard's Up-B like this, although Ivysaur's works in the same way.

I'll give it some testing.
Ivysaur's is easier to time with no lag.
I've been testing Charizard's now for an hour or so, testing how long it takes till Zard can put up his shield after landing. To get him to land before freefall is hard, but once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. When i said shield instantly, i may have spoken too soon. But i digress, more testing is in order. And not just on BF.

Top Bottom