• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheap Characters in Brawl

-Knux-

Smash Ace
What's that I hear? Is it a monkey? No. Is it Marth? YES!!!

My best friend played as Marth in melee and I mean, the way he used Marth was very boring and cheap. He only used 2 moves: Regular B and A-side smash. He would guard the edge and keep on swinging that f***ing sword. If I was just about to reach the ledge- WHAM! And it would go on forever. Then he would end up beating me and say "You can never defeat me I am too good." and I would be ticked off so bad. Then he would brag and smile about it. I would tell him he is being very cheap and all he would say is "Marth owns you, just face it." And I said "At least I use variety of moves, AND people." And he would say "So, focus on one person, and I use my moves wisely which makes me win. It takes skill to use these moves perfectly." It's my fault that I taught him the B-side recovery though... WHY IS HE SO UNFAIR!!!
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/intermediates-guide/introducing-the-scrub

You know, CrazyShaman did post this link for a good reason. Perhaps you should do yourself a favor and read it all?

Also, I like your friend. If he has something that continually beats you, he's the better player. I don't care if he uses ONE move. If it's enough to beat you, he's the better player. I guess you could always find a way to counter his strategy.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
You know... I don't think discussing the cheapness of characters is good for a player to improve. It only reminds me of my friend who refuses to use the shield because he says its cheap and for *******. Calling things cheap is an amateurs excuse for not finding a strategy and falling into the same pitfalls time after time.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So far as many people stated, the game is more balance than Melee. So far, there's no characters that can automatically lose becasue a person play as them and don't have a clue who he/she plays. I can't really say that theres a way to make people understand that the game is easier to pick up and go against the pro's without knowing a every techniques to be learned. Just remember, every character has upsides and downsides to make this game balance.

daemonk

Smash Cadet
There really is no "cheap" characters in brawl as far as I can tell. I've been playing it for a few weeks now.

The only character that might come close to being cheap is Toon Link.

I personally like this game a lot better than melee. Its a more pure fighting game. You actually need to learn fundamentals in this game well, not rely on technical moves. The basic theory of distancing, timing is more important than anything else. No more bull$hit flairs.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I think that Metaknight is the hardest character to kill because of the ability to glide after his up+b, multiple jumps, and almost invincibilty during his side+B.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
OLIMAR!!

nahh just kidding, I have just one gripe with the little fellow and that is that his attacks and ESPECIALLY his grabs are unpredictable.

I hate his grabs lol.

Its like, with other chars you see he's grabbing, with the good lil'captain he just sends a Pikmin out and he grabs you.

I still love the little man tho:p

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
If you want cheap characters, just keep spamming anyone's "A". Stale moves!

Also, one hit timed run! That'll send you to cheap city! Otherwise, play the game.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well...everyone who is playing Brawl is a n00b now, anyways. "Skill" in Brawl will be lucky to have been developed by 2009! >_< So in other words, we have no idea who is good, and who is bad. Remember, Roy was once a God Tier, and Zelda was High Tier, while the Ice Climbers were bottom tier, and Luigi was a bottom tier. Now, Roy is ranked 16th/26th in Melee, Zelda is a bottom tier, the Ice Climbers are one of the top ten on the Melee tiers, and Luigi is average, at 13th out of 26 characters.

Fact is, no one has ANY skill, yet. So stop complaining. None of us will stop sucking until 2009 at best! :laugh:

"Cheap" is a way to make excuses, anyways. NO JOHNS! (lulz) "Wavedashing is cheap". No, you just suck, and can't admit someone is superior to you. I can feel the Melee scrubs returning to their scrub tendencies in Brawl already.... >_<

Edit: Y@, th3 s@ndb@g is l31k t3h ch3@p35t ch@r@ct3r 3\/3r! Z0mg! h@xx0rzz111!11!!!! :laugh:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Well...everyone who is playing Brawl is a n00b now, anyways. "Skill" in Brawl will be lucky to have been developed by 2009! >_< So in other words, we have no idea who is good, and who is bad. Remember, Roy was once a God Tier, and Zelda was High Tier, while the Ice Climbers were bottom tier, and Luigi was a bottom tier. Now, Roy is ranked 16th/26th in Melee, Zelda is a bottom tier, the Ice Climbers are one of the top ten on the Melee tiers, and Luigi is average, at 13th out of 26 characters.

Fact is, no one has ANY skill, yet. So stop complaining. None of us will stop sucking until 2009 at best! :laugh:

"Cheap" is a way to make excuses, anyways. NO JOHNS! (lulz) "Wavedashing is cheap". No, you just suck, and can't admit someone is superior to you. I can feel the Melee scrubs returning to their scrub tendencies in Brawl already.... >_<

Edit: Y@, th3 s@ndb@g is l31k t3h ch3@p35t ch@r@ct3r 3\/3r! Z0mg! h@xx0rzz111!11!!!! :laugh:
OMG WHY DO YOU KEEP USING YOUR AIRDODGE TO STOP YOUR FLIGHT? ITS UNFAIR!!!

No it isnt, I want to win, stfu...

Yep.....you may be right lol.

Top Bottom