• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheap final smashes

trev94

Smash Journeyman
alot of ppl say that final smashes a cheap. i yay not all of them. but i have to say i think sonics is way to good there is no way to doge it. if u think there is a final smash thats cheap you can tell me here i want to heat way to because i think some ppl fianls smashes to cheap

PS: KRIBY ROCKS:kirby:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The Cheapest Final Smashes
Sonic's (lasts forever, and is quite difficult to avoid unless playing against someone crappy)
Snake's (also lasts forever, and once one shot hits you, it's very hard to avoid another and another...)
Ike's (covers quite a large range with the initial swing, plus you can't hide under anything, since he carries you to the top of the screen. You also have almost no hope of knocking it out of him unless you have a good projectile, in which case it's still somewhat difficult to do without ever getting close enough to be hit.)

The Worst Final Smashes
Zero Suit Samus's (sucks. What if I didn't even want to turn back into Samus, huh?)
Kirby's (is quite easy to dodge, especially in a 1-on-1. He waits so long from the time it's used to the frame(s) where he actually pulls you in, all you have to do is learn the timing, and he won't even touch you.)
Mario's (is usually easily dodged by anyone who knows what they're doing.)

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm going to disagree with Snake's being second cheapest, as it's fairly simple to time airdodges to avoid successive grenade shots. Just being in constant random motion goes a long way towards dodging it ime.

Now for my own:
Cheapest:
Sonic: No explanation necessary. Anyone who doesn't kill with this shouldn't be playing Smash.
Pikachu: Similar to Sonic, but less knockback and harder to control by several magnitudes. Still lasts far too long for its own good. Also does obscene amounts of damage.
Fox/Falco/Wolf: Grouped for obvious reasons. Lasts too <censored> long, and can KO you in any of 5 ways last time I counted, all of which are easy to do. Fox and Falco's last long enough to KO you twice -- once normally, and again by carrying you offscreen when you fall from your recovery platform (which doesn't last long enough to keep you safe).

Worst:
Ice Climbers: Only affects center stage, doesn't work if you're in the air or hanging onto the ledge, doesn't work if you're far enough away from the Iceberg, and the Ice Climbers can't even climb the blasted thing. If you're on the opposite side of the stage as your target, you can actually be unable to reach them, while they're free to stall in the air/on the ledge until the thing melts.
Zero Suit Samus: Does piddly damage for a Final Smash, has almost zero range, and forces a transformation. I'm sure ZSS was a balancing part of the Zero Laser as a whole, but did they have to take it this far?
Peach: If she catches you off-guard with it somehow, you're wide open for a fair or whatever. But there's actually a fairly large window between the time she activates the Final Smash and the first frame of sleep, long enough to get airborne and avoid it altogether.

Amide

Smash Lord
Spacies and Marth have the best. In my opinion, Snake's is pretty easy to dodge.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Ike and Marth? Those one's require skill and can be spot dodged.
I'd say falco BY FAR. That thing will take a stock on everyone and then take at least one more after you respawn. *shudders* That's why you play with smashball OFF.

And Snake's isn't that bad at all. =/

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
cheapest: starts with an 'S' and ends with an 'uper Sonic'

seriously, though... it's the only one i can't avoid. i mean, landmaster is a bit predictable and since i generally use characters who can stall very easily offstage while landmaster is in effect... same with snakes....

among the worst are zamus's (though i CAN get a KO if they're at decently high damage and i stun them and get REALLY close), jigglypuff's (um... basically you just have to hope your opponent makes a mistake... or that you were EXTREMELY lucky and actually TRAPPED someone (which never happens)....

i'm surprised i haven't seen diddy or pokemon trainer, though. it's easy to jump over the pokemon heads during the startup and just stand there while they're hitting nothing. diddy is extremely easy to dodge, and awkward for the opponent to control, so you just dodge a couple and while the opponent is cumbersomely turning around to make another round, you HEAL yourself with the peanuts on the ground.

also, kirby's is extremely bad. even though it is easy to dodge, it's not even worth it. just get cooked as long as you're below 100 damage and then eat the heart containers and you're back at 0. if you have above 100 damage, THEN you should probably bother about dodging it.

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Any Landmaster, they're really hard to dodge. Mr. G&W with an experienced player, can be a pain too.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Best:
1. Sonic (lasts to long, hard to dodge)
2. Any Landmaster (Fox/Falco's in particular, which can score two stock KOs)
3. Snake (actually not hard to dodge with mobile characters, but still handicapped)

Worst:
1. Pit (the Centurions are too few, too slow, and too weak)
2. Peach (just avoid the sleeo with jumps and then eat peaches)
3. Bowser (seems good, but he's not much stronger and still takes damage)
4. Mario (way to easy to avoid)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ike and Marth? Those one's require skill and can be spot dodged.
I'd say falco BY FAR. That thing will take a stock on everyone and then take at least one more after you respawn. *shudders* That's why you play with smashball OFF./
Try spotdodging when Marth's combing you into it with a guaranteed combo. Try spotdodging the Landmaster running you over and rolling around on top of you.

Top Bottom