• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chef automatically shooting 5?

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I hesitated to post this because its to weird and so easy to blame on user error, but anyways.
Randomly, sometimes when I tap B once to shoot one bacon from chef, it will sit there and shoot 5 without me even touching the controller. This has happened several times after my opponent died and I was just dancing, and once when I was recovering and trying to shoot one, only it kept firing till I died.

Has this happened to anyone?

p.s. I use default controls with a GC controller

spikey151

Smash Rookie
Well, I noticed that if I try to do chef once right out of up-b (right when the parachute is about to open so you fast fall), it automatically keeps shooting 3-4 food before it stops.

Neb

Smash Lord
This happens to me occasionally, but you said you tapped it once. Which kills my idea of the technique remembering/performing after consecutive taps. Maybe you held it to long, Chef continues on its own after holding it for more than 1 sec.

Neb

Smash Lord
You have to pause for a sec, putting in anything else adds to the move lock, so pause for a moment, then proceed.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Yea, what Neb said. If you're using chef, make sure to pause for a sec before you do anything else.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I've had this happen to me before as well. I occasionally return to the stage with the chef to deter off stage chases, but I would tap it once or twice and input a jump and it would keep going. I had to manually stop it, and up B immediately. I managed to stay alive, but this has caused me to die before.

Its really a nuisance.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yeah this has killed me a couple times before. I chef and then try to buffer a jump but accidentally press X to early. I then fall to my death shooting bacon.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Maybe you've got a old controller? Causing the button to stick?

napZzz

Smash Hero
naw g&w is just a free spirit and he does what he wants, whether you like it or not.

Mr. Game and Penguin

Smash Apprentice
...................get out of my head, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -runs away, screaming-

-gets run over by a car-

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
I have this problem too, the only way i know if to make it stop is to stop pressing ALL buttons.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
nooo noo LOVAG3!!!! I ****IN KNO!!!!
at shuffl3 n cut i play3d 3dr33s3.... i go to shoot a bacon at him 5 com3 out!!!
i h3ld my controll3r up and was lik3 WTF NO JOHNS!!!!
but yahhh that **** happ3ns sumtim3s... i gu3ss...
lol :(

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
**** dude i know i was playing hugo in a friendly and as i was recovering i shot one bacon, but it shot 5 and i died. i was like "**** that glitch" and hugo didnt believe me so i tried to recreate it but it kept shooting ONE
I was so pissed hugo just chuckled and said no johns.. :(

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
its weird ALTHOUGH i dont have a wii this is all i can come up with

You mash B for the first round of 5 then if your still mashing b after 4-5 comes out it will go into auto throw mode.

but this is just from my very little experience playing brawl GW. at this point i havent played in like 2 weeks.
have a big MW tourney this weekend tho so ill post results. HOPEFULLY i can still muster a win but alot of god people are comming. pray i can Bair spam still and people havent found ways around it LOL

Flob

Smash Cadet
I have had this too many times. It can really screw you in the end. I hate it when it happens.

Aced

Smash Rookie
After a few tests in training mode, I can confirm 100% that a buffered chef will shoot 5 EVERY single time.

The easiest way to test this is to jump, air dodge a bit before you land, then use that to buffer a chef(like you'd buffer a roll) and you'll fire 5 every time. Air dodging is only the easiest way to preform this, it can happen from any motion(the first few frames of a jump, the end of any attack, be it ground or aerial, etc) so long that it's buffered.

So remember, if you're going to use chef at any time, MAKE SURE IT ISN'T BUFFERED.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
but this is just from my very little experience playing brawl GW. at this point i havent played in like 2 weeks.
have a big MW tourney this weekend tho so ill post results. HOPEFULLY i can still muster a win but alot of god people are comming. pray i can Bair spam still and people havent found ways around it LOL
pretty much any good player is going to be able to smash DI out of it after about 2 or so hits, so it's not going to be a damage dealing **** move like it used to :p.

i wanna play you at rofa's when i get there, you'll **** me but i'd love to play good players :) maybe a 5$ MM?

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
After a few tests in training mode, I can confirm 100% that a buffered chef will shoot 5 EVERY single time.

The easiest way to test this is to jump, air dodge a bit before you land, then use that to buffer a chef(like you'd buffer a roll) and you'll fire 5 every time. Air dodging is only the easiest way to preform this, it can happen from any motion(the first few frames of a jump, the end of any attack, be it ground or aerial, etc) so long that it's buffered.

So remember, if you're going to use chef at any time, MAKE SURE IT ISN'T BUFFERED.
Thank you thank you thank you! that explains this ****ing gay *** GLIATCH

onski?

Smash Ace
guess that means you shouldn't bust out the chef unless you have proper spacing on your side. although i must confess i had the same problem. i haven't admitted it for fear of being called a n00b. sob.

Top Bottom