• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chemistry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Well I was gone for the last few weeks from my Chemistry class and we are having a test TOMORROW! AHHH!!! I was in the hospital with a broken arm (typing with one hand woot woot) and I understood none of the material I had with me, and now we have a test. I really need your help, our teacher gave us an assignment to study for the test and I was wondering if some of you smarties could help me. I really need these problems explained to me, I may be able to pass at least if I see these problems done with explanation. Sorry to ask so much.

For each of the following unbalanced equations, calculate how many milligrams of each product would be produced by complete reactions of 10.0 mg of the reactant indicated in italics. Indicate clearly the mole ratio used for the conversion.
a. FeSO4 (aq) + K2CO3 -> FeCO3(s) + K2SO4(aq)
b. Cr(s) + SnCl4(l) -> CrCl3(s) + Sn(s)
c. Fe(s) + S8(s) -> Fe2S3(s)
d. Ag(s) + HNO3(aq) + H20(l) + NO(g)

Small quantities of oxygen gas can be generated in the lab by the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide. The unbalanced equation for the reaction is
H202(aq) -> H20 + 02(g)
Calculate the mass of oxygen produced when 10.00g of hydrogen peroxide decomposes.

Ammonium nitrate has been used as a high explosive because it is unstable and decomposes into several gaseous substances. The rapid expansion of the gaseous substances produces the explosive force.
NH4NO3(s) -> N2(g) + 02(g) +H20(g)
Calculate the mass of each product gas if 1.25 g of ammonium nitrate reacts.

Elemental fluorine and chlorine gases are very reactive. For example, they react with each other to form chlorine monofluoride.
Cl2(g) + F2(g) -> 2ClF(g)
Calculate the mass of chlorine gas required to produce 5.00 + 10^-3g of chlorine monofluoride given an excess of fluorine gas.

Both propane (C3H8) and butane (C4H10) react with oxygen gas to form carbon dioxide and water. If you have equal masses of each, which will require a greater mass of oxygen to react?

I really appreciate the help, I would prefer passing this class. lol. All the numbers are below the element, you can't raise or lower numbers when typing. The one -3 preceded by a ^ is raised above the element.

Thank you so much, .CMW.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It'd be awesome if you could post this in the "Need Science Help?" thread in here. It'd make it easier on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom