• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess With Your Power 2.0 - IT BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Chess.com doesn't have a live tournament function.

We would have to set up pairings, then the players would need to arrange a time and play out games at a specified time limit eg. 10/0.

Harder to arrange, but tournaments will be done much quicker.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Tell me about it. I haven't played in months, I'm so rusty right now. SmooveJenkins and KittyJones are the two games I'm worried about at the moment. Smoove's got a strong attack against my king, but I think I can live through it with at least an extra minor piece, we'll see.

Sorry, not sure who's who in the thread and the games, unless the names match.
RAWR fear the Sicilian Defense!

Yeah, SmooveJenkins is pretty tough alright...he also has pretty good LIVE rating also.

I'm interested in a LIVE tournament, but I only have one week of holidays left :(

ru5514n

Smash Ace
SmooveJenkins is legit... ~N9NE~ probably put him in our section on purpose :p

I'm about even with him right now, though he had some opportunities to get a better position earlier in the game.

EDIT: How is the B group doing? On chess.com I have to scroll through a ton of pages to find your group.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
SmooveJenkins is legit... ~N9NE~ probably put him in our section on purpose :p

I'm about even with him right now, though he had some opportunities to get a better position earlier in the game.

EDIT: How is the B group doing? On chess.com I have to scroll through a ton of pages to find your group.
Yeah...SmooveJenkins almost anti-Colled the Colle System :O

N9NE is on a killing spree - someone stop him! :bee:

jugfingers

Smash Champion
olimar fan definitely ****** everyone in pool A

i'm the only who hasn't finished a game and ive only made like 3-4 moves in my games lol

I guess im gonna have to sign in the same time as the other people in my pool or somethin

olimar fan is gettin an L though, real talk

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
olimar fan definitely ****** everyone in pool A

i'm the only who hasn't finished a game and ive only made like 3-4 moves in my games lol

I guess im gonna have to sign in the same time as the other people in my pool or somethin

olimar fan is gettin an L though, real talk
Haha, that's what everybody said when Shirov was 5/5 at Corus...

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Well I won my first game against SmooveJenkins. I pulled through that massive king attack like I thought I would. Next game he starts with a weird gambit I once accidentally played a couple times as white, it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

I'll talk about the rest of the games when they finish, I don't want them influenced by discussion until they're done.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Well I won my first game against SmooveJenkins. I pulled through that massive king attack like I thought I would. Next game he starts with a weird gambit I once accidentally played a couple times as white, it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

I'll talk about the rest of the games when they finish, I don't want them influenced by discussion until they're done.
SmooveJenkins played the
Smith-Morra Gambit.

Yeah in Pool II N9NE is basically pwning everyone.

I won't win any games, and yeah.

-Terywj
:(:(:(

Better luck next time, my fellow Pokemon friend.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Indeed. I may have a shot in one game, but not enough to actually get me anywhere.

I'm about to lose twice to N9NE and some other guy (unsure if his username is the same in both places).

-Terywj

ru5514n

Smash Ace
SmooveJenkins played the
Smith-Morra Gambit.

Lol he played that against me too. It's probably his anti-Sicilian line. I'm doing okay in that game though. :)

Also, it seems like someone completely owns these tourneys... Jason_voorhese went 8/8 last time, now ~N9NE~ and OlimarFan seem poised to do the same thing.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It's not all smooth sailing. Overload has me in a sticky situation and you're forgetting Yoshimanssbm, whose record on chess.com is an amazing 42W OL 2D

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that. I intend to at least put up a good fight :) I didn't play in the last tournament (at least, I don't recognize Jason_voorhese), but I won the two before that so I have to keep up my streak!

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Why would you feel bad?

I fell bad because I called you a guy, and you're not. Which is wrong..

-Terywj
I don't know..
I kinda pitied you because you lost all your games, and you were so negative to youself, saying "I fail" and terms like that. :(

Don't worry - N9NE and BalticKnight made that mistake also lol. But what you said does prove a point - Very few girls play chess.

All the best of luck in your remaining games.

-Kitty

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Has anyone been folllowing Corus? What's been happening? Anything incredible?
Nothing incredible much. Shirov seems to have lost his early-round momentum; he lost to Anand recently. Anand himself is going kinda slow here, he only has 6/11 so far. Currently, the tournament leaders are Kramnik and Carlsen, with 7.5/11 each. I personally want Kramnik to win.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Nothing incredible much. Shirov seems to have lost his early-round momentum; he lost to Anand recently. Anand himself is going kinda slow here, he only has 6/11 so far. Currently, the tournament leaders are Kramnik and Carlsen, with 7.5/11 each. I personally want Kramnik to win.
Agreed. I thought it was a bit arrogant of Carlsen to state that "He could squash Kramnik like a bug." Serves him right to lose to Kramnik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom