• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibo Presents: Beyond the Limit 2 - Philly, PA - Nov 14 - LIVESTREAM NOW!

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
chill papa yes u trippin lol

& LOL chillls FD IS a way better starter than WW lol nugguh wtf u trippin too man. i can see WW being a neutral but not better neutral than fd. sht is mad small & got platforms & shiz

i pretty much agree with what guru went on , some of thsoe stages i would just straight upcamp the whole time if i have 2 (corneria is a good 1)

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
wifi is not a neutral, wario is questionable

i would say no luigi, no japes, no corneria...

but green greens is too good. want to try to get off for this... wonder if its possible

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
WW like benefits the whole entire cast, FD benefits like 8 characters more than the other ones. Just because it's small doesnt mean anything, and BF has platforms too. >_>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It's a better starter than FD. Just because it's flat doesn't mean jack **** when it favors a noticeable handful of characters by a noticeable amount, which WW doesnt even do. Everyone can do crazy **** on WW.

blackanese

Smash Lord
It's a better starter than FD. Just because it's flat doesn't mean jack **** when it favors a noticeable handful of characters by a noticeable amount, which WW doesnt even do. Everyone can do crazy **** on WW.
LOL na nugguh we not talkin bout bf lol anyways u crazy , youre probably the only 1 who thinks this lmfaoo

imo, bf/sv/fd should be the only neutrals.

blacka...fox has sex with green greens and corneria.
na mans, im not rly feelin any of these new sht chibo is addin on

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
F**K YEA N**GAS dis s**t bout to pop off next saturday da 14th. errybody bring yo A-game cuz the competition gonna be stiffer than mah D**K when i'm gettin inside chibo's mama. Letz get dis s**t hyyyypppeeee+

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I wouldn't say it affects all characters equally. The solid walls are good and bad for certain characters' recoveries, and some characters can abuse the platforms better than others. It can be really difficult to get back down to ground level against certain characters. Marth can also abuse up-B without punishment there since it ends just above the top platform.

Regardless, as long as we're doing stage striking and not random, I think it's legit as a starter, though it's debatable.
Could have something to do with that.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well I wouldn't say it affects all characters equally. The solid walls are good and bad for certain characters' recoveries, and some characters can abuse the platforms better than others. It can be really difficult to get back down to ground level against certain characters. Marth can also abuse up-B without punishment there since it ends just above the top platform.

Regardless, as long as we're doing stage striking and not random, I think it's legit as a starter, though it's debatable.
Marth can do up B shenaningans on any stage that has platforms. He can do it twice before having no platforms here and on BF. When is a solid wall worse for recovery when you're actually competent enough to recovery? Solid walls to the ledge help out every character.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The only other starter Marth has up-B shenanigans on is BF, and not as strongly there as on WW, and everyone already strikes that against Marth anyway.

It's more about who the solid walls and platform layout are good for than who they're bad for. But I already said I think the stage is passable as a starter as long as we're doing striking, so what exactly are you trying to argue?

Lobos

Smash Master
# Neutral Stages:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Wario Ware

# Counterpick Stages:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Yoshi's Island (Melee)
* Corneria <<<<<<<<<< Really? lol
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium
* Wifi Waiting Room

Everything else looks fine.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
# Neutral Stages:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Wario Ware

# Counterpick Stages:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Yoshi's Island (Melee)
* Corneria <<<<<<<<<< Really? lol
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium
* Wifi Waiting Room

Everything else looks fine.
Lylat Cruise should be a CP and YI Melee should be banned IMO.

LC has evil ledges and can screw over some projectile characters, and NOBODY is going to pick YIM in a tourney match. I can divulge once I get back to a computer.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i somewhat agree with lobos' list. remember not all of my votes turned out exactly as favored on the WBR list (i wanted lylat to be starter to name one) but i was out voted. i really think we need a building standard for this game however, and rules is one step of the way. the rules are good enough imo to be standard. theres hardly any problems with the stage list. its still ridiculous to think there are ppl that think WW shouldnt be starter. i dont get it at all

blackanese

Smash Lord
i somewhat agree with lobos' list. remember not all of my votes turned out exactly as favored on the WBR list (i wanted lylat to be starter to name one) but i was out voted. i really think we need a building standard for this game however, and rules is one step of the way. the rules are good enough imo to be standard. theres hardly any problems with the stage list. its still ridiculous to think there are ppl that think WW shouldnt be starter. i dont get it at all
yo papa chibo make my name bold & gold pl0x.

papa guru pre-reged me yesterday with shongotskills

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yoshis island melee is banned, not cp

seriously, dont listen to anyone about the stage list yet. everything at this point is just leaked info, which SHOULDNT BE LEAKED

geeez even ppl from the wbr who should kno the current stage list dont even kno the stage list

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
yoshis island melee is banned, not cp

seriously, dont listen to anyone about the stage list yet. everything at this point is just leaked info, which SHOULDNT BE LEAKED

geeez even ppl from the wbr who should kno the current stage list dont even kno the stage list
I had to, considering Hackfest is this weekend. Would you prefer me to make up my own stagelist instead of trying to push the WBR one? As far as I can tolerate it anyway

It looked pretty finalized to me. The voting is finished and tallied up. Were you planning on making any changes?

Edit: Unless you're talking about Lobos' list, in which case, WTF Lobos where did you get that list? o_O

Glick

Smash Lord
If corneria, yoshis island melee, and mansion aren't banned I'll be very upset with you guys.
:(

WW for Neutral. We have stage striking, do we not. It's similar to BF with smaller edges and a base. If you don't like it, strike it (cool new saying ftw). It's way too plain to be a CP. and most people have other stages they rather ban.

Luigis mansion is a bull**** filler CP that pretty much just straight up tells people to be gay. Why else would you go there?

Corneria is lame.

Yoshis island melee is LOL

Lylat should be a CP because it tilts.

PS2 is a neutral. etc etc etc

I'm always right

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
You guys are awfully whiney, look at how many people hate or dislike these stages. If the opponent agrees that it's gay they won't pick it. If you don't like it ban it. End of story.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You guys are awfully whiney, look at how many people hate or dislike these stages. If the opponent agrees that it's gay they won't pick it. If you don't like it ban it. End of story.
You haven't been to many tourneys, have you son?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I was about to address this but...

You haven't been to many tourneys, have you son?
qft.

Money is on the line. A LOT of money is on the line. I think that alot of people here are in it for money and winning, so they don't want an element that is out of their control (bad stage) as something that hurts or limits their chances of winning.

Top Bottom