• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Quaz

Smash Master
Fox is too good in teams

that is all...

Now that Sync is gone I need to find myself a new perma-team mate (preferably someone that plays fox and isnt one of the better players.)

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Marth/Fox is a better team than Falcon/Fox.

Saying Marth is bad in teams is like saying stock tanking with peach is bad. Marth is one of the best stock tanks and supporters in teams if he plays outside.

I think people are beginning to underrate marth in teams. PewPewU and SFAT are probably top 10 best teams in US and PewPewU ***** with marth.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
fox falco can. fox puff can. fox peach can. fox sheik can. im sure others can, but you get the picture

edit- new page, that was @ kyle

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Kage if your talking to me about marth being better in teams than falcon with fox im not sure how you could argue.

Scoreboard PewPewU Sfat do better consistently than any falcon/fox team i know.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
hmmm, its funny to think how double fox is the best team, but, I don't know any team that has usees double fox AND PLACES WELL LIKE TOP 10. m2k uses sheik in teams over marth, because he feels like he has more options.

more on this later, gtg

falcon dude: the players you mention are just really good too

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage if your talking to me about marth being better in teams than falcon with fox im not sure how you could argue.

Scoreboard PewPewU Sfat do better consistently than any falcon/fox team i know.
Pretty sure Jman and hax can beat them.

Protip: You can't base yourself off one team or pro players to make correct statements. That would mean Ganon/Pika is the best team since we won vs tough teams.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hmmm, its funny to think how double fox is the best team, but, I don't know any team that has usees double fox AND PLACES WELL LIKE TOP 10. m2k uses sheik in teams over marth, because he feels like he has more options.

more on this later, gtg

falcon dude: the players you mention are just really good too
jman m2k did double fox a LOT

ORLY

Smash Master
Fox is a good character in teams. Let's move on already.

Lots of characters are good in teams, but they have to be played right.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Kage i speak by experience maining marth, Ken's success with marth in teams, and teams like PewPewUSFAT.

Also Jman and Hax never team and i think there is a reason so yeah im still gonna say Jman/Hax would lose.

Also Marth is a better char than falcon. Therefore he should win with fox on his team. Marth's grab/edgeguard/gimp/spacing/priority is better than falcons. He also has a better spot dodge. Not sure who has the better sheild but you get where im going with this.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i dont think fox/marth or fox/falcon are inherantly(how the fu do you spell this?) better than one or the other...i think it depends on the opponent's team and also playstyles

either one can be nasty dasty

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i'm thinking of organizing a tournament in champaign in october or november. won't be the same time as ROM4 or the big house in MI since i'm planning on going to both of those. Can't see too many other tournaments listed around that time, so i want to know what dates would be good.

ORLY

Smash Master
talk to me14k

i think he wanted to host an SMYM

which should definitely happen

but i basically schedule my tournaments for days that are not otherwise occupied by MW tournaments. no rhyme or reason to it

sanchaz

Smash Lord
jman m2k did double fox a LOT
I saw the vids of hbox and hax. I just think they don't go together as a team at all, lol.

and I never saw m2k go fox with jman, I've always seen him go sheik, but I can see him going fox against a peach, puff team.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage i speak by experience maining marth, Ken's success with marth in teams, and teams like PewPewUSFAT.

Also Jman and Hax never team and i think there is a reason so yeah im still gonna say Jman/Hax would lose.

Also Marth is a better char than falcon. Therefore he should win with fox on his team. Marth's grab/edgeguard/gimp/spacing/priority is better than falcons. He also has a better spot dodge. Not sure who has the better sheild but you get where im going with this.
Alone yes, but what you don't seem to be able to see is that covering your partner's weakness is HUGE in doubles. And Marth's strength in doubles is lowered since he can't do his CG and he can't space as well and he can't gimp as well and it's even easier to put pressure on Marth. All you gotta do is push that Marth's partner away and then double team Marth and he can't even protect himself very well. Just imagine, just because it's doubles with Falcon, it's much easier for Falcon and Ganon to come back on stage, and letting both these characters on stage for even more chances for a kill is extremely good since they kill people really easily. Falcon can change the momentum in teams from one moment to the next. For example, remember Mango/Lucky getting pummeled to hell by hax/linguini? All you need with Falcon is a few good shots then it's over. There's so many strategies that you have to understand before you can make accurate judgement.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Alone yes, but what you don't seem to be able to see is that covering your partner's weakness is HUGE in doubles. And Marth's strength in doubles is lowered since he can't do his CG and he can't space as well and he can't gimp as well and it's even easier to put pressure on Marth. All you gotta do is push that Marth's partner away and then double team Marth and he can't even protect himself very well. Just imagine, just because it's doubles with Falcon, it's much easier for Falcon and Ganon to come back on stage, and letting both these characters on stage for even more chances for a kill is extremely good since they kill people really easily. Falcon can change the momentum in teams from one moment to the next. For example, remember Mango/Lucky getting pummeled to hell by hax/linguini? All you need with Falcon is a few good shots then it's over. There's so many strategies that you have to understand before you can make accurate judgement.
omg, I so agree with this. even more reasoning that falcon, and I forgot about that ganon dude, recovery take so freaking long (4-8 seconds) that its so easy for fox, for example can run in and shine, heck, he could just stand their and the player edgeguarding falcon will be scared of fox.

falcon/ganon are (sorry kage) bad in single portion in teams, but when given chances to get back on, they just need that one hit on a character that has 60% or greater, and could be a k.o.

both falcon/ganon can just tank stocks like a boss, :).

I THINK!!!!!!!!!!! (not exactly sure) they do well on yoshi's story, brinstar, and kongo jungle much better then other members of the cast

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
sanchaz and frootloop, please come to The Big House

Tink, Rat, and others -- please register if you're coming

that is all

Divinokage

Smash Legend
omg, I so agree with this. even more reasoning that falcon, and I forgot about that ganon dude, recovery take so freaking long (4-8 seconds) that its so easy for fox, for example can run in and shine, heck, he could just stand their and the player edgeguarding falcon will be scared of fox.

falcon/ganon are (sorry kage) bad in single portion in teams, but when given chances to get back on, they just need that one hit on a character that has 60% or greater, and could be a k.o.

both falcon/ganon can just tank stocks like a boss, :).

I THINK!!!!!!!!!!! (not exactly sure) they do well on yoshi's story, brinstar, and kongo jungle much better then other members of the cast
Well stage advantage is also subtle since it really depends on teams combination and what you know about the 2 other players you are playing. But ya more importantly in 2v2 is knowing your roles if you play Ganon/Falcon, you have to play sort of defensive and try to tank hits/stocks while your partner is doing some damage. And also, not letting go of opportunities doing 2v1 combos or 2v2 combos even sometimes. But I mean with Ganon/Falcon, both these characters can put the opponent into a disadvantageous position really fast since they are so good at knockbacking people with their moves lol. While Ganon/Falcon is recovering, it's your partner's role to play Guardian and vice versa if it happens to him.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
sanchaz and frootloop, please come to The Big House

Tink, Rat, and others -- please register if you're coming

that is all
idk, I NEED housing if I'm going to that, plus my only ride is mundungu, I feel like I should post in the BIG HOUSE thread for this. lol, I'm not going to a tourney and only going to have like 3 hours of sleep because smashers wanted to play ALL the time the night before, and then lose in like second round, because I didn't have the mentality to play.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There's only warrior talk when I decide it's worth it enough for me to say these things but you've got to try harder if you want me to talk that way.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Mango also played bad at that tourney. He didn't even win singles.

I see your point Kage but i look at characters being better than another. marth/fox would still definetly beat ganon/falcon and should beat falcon/fox.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Mango also played bad at that tourney. He didn't even win singles.

I see your point Kage but i look at characters being better than another. marth/fox would still definetly beat ganon/falcon and should beat falcon/fox.
wtf? where is the evidence. you made a claim and left it blank, lol

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Heard of the tier list? Sup. Marth is above falcon and ganon. So is fox. Therefore Marthfox should def beat ganonfalcon. Marthfox is the same scenario as Falconfox.

I know its really broad but come on marth does better vs fox and falcon than falcon does vs marth and fox.

Marth+precision= Boss character.

Scythe

Smash Master
Heard of the tier list? Sup. Marth is above falcon and ganon. So is fox. Therefore Marthfox should def beat ganonfalcon. Marthfox is the same scenario as Falconfox.

I know its really broad but come on marth does better vs fox and falcon than falcon does vs marth and fox.

Marth+precision= Boss character.
just because a character is high on the tier list doesn't mean it's better for teams : /

-->>Ice Climbers

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Huge troll. Ice climbers are barely above mid tier. Why should they even have a chance vs higher tier characters that are faster in teams?

Just because marth can't do his chain grab and ics can't wobble, infinite grab etc doesn't mean they lose viability in the matchup, it means they have to go about using different moves/throws/strategies.

I'll close it like this

Scoreboard PewPewu/Sfat

Top Bottom