• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

ORLY

Smash Master
(does this even count as a double post?)

there's talk of big hype happening at the MI tournament next weekend

those of you who missed out on apex (or are not at all worn out from the smash around the clock), would you like to carpool to it?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
what happened to kels at apex? didn't really see him at all on the stream.

also, man armada is just too good. apex was ridic on livestream. was getting super hyped out here.

Tink

Smash Hero
he prolly wouldnt want me to post it, but he was (i assumeeeee)playing bad and lost to silent swag in winners 1, and then lost to nintendude in losers ://.

j00t

Smash Champion
Silent swag is pretty good though, I got creamed by him in friendlies at fc

And nintendude plays ice climbers, that **** is hella hard

ORLY

Smash Master
that seems to be the story of kelly at big tournaments these days

he needs to learn how to beat his jitters before he can beat anyone else

Meneks

Smash Lord
I hate peach so much, the last video I watched with Armada in it, Mango was using puff and Armada switched to fox at the end of the set(actually it was the set with hbox this weekend where he used yl)

In other news, I have a bus card and I'm down to play melee with ANYONE this week here in the city so lets do this

Meneks

Smash Lord
Also can someone explain to me why there is so much sh*t talk towards melee?

I honestly don't get the big deal in items off. Like I don't think mvc would have items on if random lightsabers, koopa shells, and bomb-ombs were randomly popping out of places.

Dart!

Smash Master
Silent swag is pretty good though, I got creamed by him in friendlies at fc

And nintendude plays ice climbers, that **** is hella hard
Kels should definitely beat them. Has nothing to do with them it's just Kels is definitely better. Happens though.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Wait, you hate something for no reason, but don't understand why people hate things for no reason?
WRONG

I have so many reasons why I hate peach I could write a soliloquy about it

Also I'm asking what are their reasons for hating the melee community, idk where you got "no reason" from maybe they have a legitimate argument.

On a side note, mm this summer marth dittos?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I guess it's because I don't hate peach so I don't find any reason for hating peach legitimate. Same way I don't hate melee so I don't find any reason for hating melee legitimate.

I'm down =)

ORLY

Smash Master
how can people hate peach

she's so fun to fight, assuming you don't eff up tech stuff

Meneks

Smash Lord
I mainly hate her attacks/abilities, I think shes a really boring character to play against(from what I've encountered).

Last peach main I actually enjoyed playing against was mslano.

Aside from that, all a peach has to do to beat me is bore me to death

Peach is annoying because she can live forever. Also she gets a float AND a double jump. Gayyyy
The float is stupid, its like stop floating around I'm not even lasering.. FIGHT ME

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
How I assume puffs think:

use nairrrrrrrrr yeahhhhhhh
now fadeeeeeeeeeeeee away
gettin kinda low
better use some jumps
time for cross up fairrrrrrrr
BAITED!!!!!!!!
up tilt ressssssssssssst
*wink taunt*
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

basically they're like high people in movies

Meneks

Smash Lord
No thanks man. Next time you play a timed stock match take note the announcer shouts, "SURVIVAL"
I've never been timed out, lmao I think if someone actually did try to in tourney I'd end the game, not shake their hand and proceed to go play friendlies on some random set up

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I've never been timed out, lmao I think if someone actually did try to in tourney I'd end the game, not shake their hand and proceed to go play friendlies on some random set up
lololwowowow Why?
Don't enjoy this game enough to have an 8 minute match?
Do you feel a deeper need to destroy your opponent than you do to preserve your own stocks?
The only time wasted playing melee is the at the character, stage select, and stat screen...
I prefer my bouts to last at least 4 minutes. Any less than that and that means stocks are being lost/taken in less than 60 seconds and frankly I would find that embarrassing.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
don't you play characters that are literally impossible to time out? what's the big deal?

I've only been timed out once and the circumstances that led to it will never happen again. It was fun though.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
young link dittos in losers bracket of some MN tourney against sanchaz. He was drunk and still counterpicked Kongo Jungle 64 and timed me out haha

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Smash is just a minigame where one person presses buttons in quick sucession while the other DIs
it's the worst of both worlds cuz DI isn't far enough to actually matter, but you might as well do it. At least in fighting games you can eat a sandwhich or do math homework or something.

Scythe

Smash Master
I'd time someone out but I suicide too much. Or I'd just fall through pkmn stadium : /

Top Bottom