• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Suburb Brawl Tourny-8/30/08

Tink

Smash Hero
a chicagoland tournament thats not being ran by me, but on all is brawl. looks to be decent turnout already, hopefully we can get more!!

Original post on allisbrawl: http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2169

Singles Tourney Fee $10 Per Person

Doubles Tourney Fee - $20 Per Team

Name: Dark Kakashi's Place.
Address: 8536 South Kolin Avenue
Chicago, Illinois, United States

Notes: For anyone wanting to show up that lives in Chicago you can take the Orange line to Midway and I can pick you up from there if you arrive early. There is also a Metra Station near my place if you want to take that. Otherwise, plenty of parking.

Start Time: Doubles at 12pm, Singles afterwards (roughly at 3PM)

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Rules:

8 min. time

3 stock

Neutral stages:
FD
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

counterpickable stages:
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Corneria

No stall tactics
You can use whichever controller you want(GC, classic, etc) other then modded ones.
No Items

For Doubles:
Team Attack is On
Life Stealing allowed

Pay-out:

1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

P.S. - If you are coming post for which one or if you are entering both tourneys, so I can start getting a head count of the possible amount of people showing up. Thanks.

Tink

Smash Hero
allisbrawl post said:
OK this is the 1st tourney I am hosting that is being posted in here. I hosted a few back around launch time and then traveled to a few out of state ones.

I am trying to get a fairly descent size crowd for a end of August tourney. Basically this tourney will consist of 2 different Game Tourneys. Brawl and SC4 to be exact. The tourney will be at my place and I have enough room for a good size crowd that would want to show up for this. At the moment is just Singles but if more people show up and they want doubles I can do doubles too.

I will need extra Wiis and Games, so if you can bring them make sure to have everything unlocked in it. I greatly appreciate it. If you supply a Wii and Game I will cover you for the Pizza I will be ordering. There will be drinks and snacks regardless though. ^_^

I will also be running a Soul Calibur 4 tourney (PS3 version) that day, so if people want to enter that one they can, it will have a $5 entry Fee for that one. There will also be a side Naruto GNT 4 tourney by popular demand that one is $5, so if you want to check it out, it will be there.

(Possible extra Side Tourneys, Naruto GNT 4 Doubles, Mario Kart Wii, Arcana Heart)

Basically if enough people want I will add some of the extra Tourneys in, so basically popular demand will determine what other tourneys will be run. I have a voting going on on another site adding the votes for the other extra Tourneys people want. So if you want to vote for a specific one go ahead I will add the vote. They are as followed atm:

Voting for Extra Side Tourneys

Naruto GNT 4 Doubles -|

Mario Kart Wii - |||||

Arcana Heart - ||||||

A little thanks to Yoru for helping me out with the rules. Thanks man. ^_^

this posted on allisbrawl too.....some people might like that.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
ill just be getting back to chicago the day before; i might try to go just cause of the sc4 tournament rofl

Vro

Smash Lord
Zicore and I might come. Tink will pick us up from the orange line if he PM's me.

Rat

Smash Lord
jeeze. I live like 8 minutes away from this thing. I should probably go. I'll probably just walk..=/

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
sweet.... i need to start posting tournaments from allisbrawl on here like tink... it seems like so many people don't check both. :x

and someone should teach me sc4 real quick so i can enter the tournament. lol

Squipy

Smash Cadet
I'll go for singles, can you tell me the rail I should take from Union Station and if possible the stop that's near your location so I can start planning times? That'll be great, I might bring along a few guys too.

Squipy

Smash Cadet
Oh, haha. Allisbrawl is blocked on the school computers and I don't even have an account on there. I don't know why smashboards isn't. I'll try google mapping or something here and I'll post if I find it.

Found it, you can take the Southwest Service from Union station to Oak Lawn which is right next to the tournament location.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
havn't checked the boards in a few weeks, but now i should have a little more free time.

who knows, lemme check my schedule, but its about time to hit up something else in the scene

Tink

Smash Hero
heh, my brothers gonna be gone this weekend TJ =).....so if you COULD come up, i would.

Tink

Smash Hero
cant wait for this!!!! should be fun. just sux that the SC players are gonna chiken outta singles after doubles =)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
not lookin good, ive litearlly asked every employee to cover my saturday shift, minus one

if she calls back and will do it, i can come, and the other bright side to taht, is if she can do it, ic an leave right now, its just waiting on her to call...

hope to see you guys later, will update asap

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I didn't even know this was posted in here. XD
I might just gave to post the results in the results thread i guess.
It was fun to see some of you guys. Many of whom i never saw before.
It was very crowded and man where there a lot of people. XD
I can post up the complete results for all the tourneys including SC4 if people want.

Top Bottom