• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Children's Card Games

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So I like Card Games. Mostly pokemon, but I'm not like 'EW GROSS YUGIOH'.
I recently discovered that Yugioh doesn't rotate sets out or something? That's mad cool.

What do you guys play? Any oldschool epic collections?

I have 2 decks from Pokemon Base Set ready to go. Blastoise/Gyarados and Mr. Mime/Alakazam/Chansey stall.

For the current format I have LuxChomp (Luxray SP + Garchomp SP) and MewPerior (Mew Prime + Rhyperior Lvl X) ready to go (though the mewperior deck is full of proxied cards because I don't have them).

LuxChomp Cards
http://pokebeach.com/scans/rising-rivals/109-luxray-gl-lv.x.jpg
http://www.sixprizes.com/images/Garchomp-C-LV.X-SV-145.jpg

MewPerior Cards
http://www.cartamagicastore.com/images/POKE-HG-SS/97_Triumphant_Mew_Prime.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/diamond-pearl-promos/dp29-rhyperior-lv.x.jpg
http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/4-delcatty.jpg

I have a few magic decks and binders in my room. Only my Black Vampire deck is legal now lol. I only bought it because my gf started to pick it up.

I have REALLY old yugioh cards. I'd like to play it, but I'd rather use somebody else's deck lol. I spend too much money as it is -_-

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yu-Gi-Oh online is pretty fun. Get at mah sick beast deck. Never got into Pokemon.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I would play pokemon if I had disposable income. At the moment I have jack-all in terms of actual cards, though me and friends pitched in for a set of championship decks that we used to play each other with...Flygon decks are gay...

If you're talking base set I could go on all day - Blastoise/Gyarados isn't so good if you ask me, Magikarp is horrible and Gyarados eats up way too much energy. The only good point is a Hitmonchan resistance, but you get two major Pokes weak to Scyther. I would say any of the other Base Sets water options are better, actually - Dewgong, Poliwrath or Blastoise-only. Seel's 60 HP is reasonable and Dewgong is better imo, using DC and not being weak to Scyther. Poliwrath also works with Pokemon Breeder and DC and has built-in Energy Removal. The best would be to go Blastoise-only for waters, there's no penalty in Base Set rules for having no basics in your hand. It's ridiculous and arguably the best archetype, since it can be customised with numerous colourless and Scyther without much hassle. It's only beaten by Scyther-centric Haymaker (and Scyther is beaten by max Hydro Pump + PP) and lucky Barrier Swap decks (Mime/Zam).

I used to have a Haymaker deck and a Blastoise-only deck, but I gave both to my cousins. They are presumably in an Los Angeles attic somewhere.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I used to frequently attend Pokemon TCG events (which is actually where I met Gords), although sadly I lost enthusiasm for the competitive side when I started realising I was more into the collecting aspect of it. I've boxes and folders of cards stashed away in my room, which I hope to (re-) organise one day and finish collecting.

But yeah I went to a states event semi-recently, which just killed any chance I ever had of getting back into competitive pokemon cards, the metagame is just so gay these days; I'd only really be going back occasionally to catch up with the friends I made there.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ide attend if they were played on motocycles

also i know how to play yugioh.. someone teach me pokemon.. i guess
got no money for cards XD
ill make a deck someday maybe. no time outs.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I would play pokemon if I had disposable income. At the moment I have jack-all in terms of actual cards, though me and friends pitched in for a set of championship decks that we used to play each other with...Flygon decks are gay...

If you're talking base set I could go on all day - Blastoise/Gyarados isn't so good if you ask me, Magikarp is horrible and Gyarados eats up way too much energy. The only good point is a Hitmonchan resistance, but you get two major Pokes weak to Scyther. I would say any of the other Base Sets water options are better, actually - Dewgong, Poliwrath or Blastoise-only. Seel's 60 HP is reasonable and Dewgong is better imo, using DC and not being weak to Scyther. Poliwrath also works with Pokemon Breeder and DC and has built-in Energy Removal. The best would be to go Blastoise-only for waters, there's no penalty in Base Set rules for having no basics in your hand. It's ridiculous and arguably the best archetype, since it can be customised with numerous colourless and Scyther without much hassle. It's only beaten by Scyther-centric Haymaker (and Scyther is beaten by max Hydro Pump + PP) and lucky Barrier Swap decks (Mime/Zam).

I used to have a Haymaker deck and a Blastoise-only deck, but I gave both to my cousins. They are presumably in an Los Angeles attic somewhere.
Yeah, I see Straight Blastoise.

I have 2 of that Poliwrath and I love Energy Denial. For a while in the current metagame I tried to run an energy denial deck, and then gave when I realised they just weren't as effective as you'd think.

As for Base/Jungle/Fossil, there was also that Golduck I think?

I used to frequently attend Pokemon TCG events (which is actually where I met Gords), although sadly I lost enthusiasm for the competitive side when I started realising I was more into the collecting aspect of it. I've boxes and folders of cards stashed away in my room, which I hope to (re-) organise one day and finish collecting.

But yeah I went to a states event semi-recently, which just killed any chance I ever had of getting back into competitive pokemon cards, the metagame is just so gay these days; I'd only really be going back occasionally to catch up with the friends I made there.
Wait for this year's rotation. It'll kill SP and the game will be much more rewarding for those people that like coming up with sick combo's.

For example, any combo you can think of right now including a poke-body is stopped as soon as you remember Dialga G, and then you find yourself immediately trying to tech a Blaziken FB line or something.

Rotation will be really good. SP will lose the Cyrus Engine + Dialga G Lv X for that matter.

Timeouts are actually a prevalent problem in competitive play. lol.

But not too bad with the rules they keep refining to prevent players from being rewarded when matches go to time.

The real problem lies in matches that end on the first turn, or a 'donk' win.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
do cards excite u syke? i know videogames dooo
aw well lets wait for next halo together. just thinking about next halo gives me a raging **** **

yeah i know the card out decks. also the OTKs that r mostly banned.
lolol demise. i make a deck that counters timeouts. and relies on time WIZARDS. my ultimate WIZARD deck

theres a WIZARD pokemon right?...

MTGod

Smash Champion

Challenge accepted, good sir!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah yugioh doesnt cycle out sets.
some of the best cards used have been around since the beginning, and old decks can still keep up somewhat (espcially if you just add a few new cards into them)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Yeah, I see Straight Blastoise.

I have 2 of that Poliwrath and I love Energy Denial. For a while in the current metagame I tried to run an energy denial deck, and then gave when I realised they just weren't as effective as you'd think.

As for Base/Jungle/Fossil, there was also that Golduck I think?
Energy Denial is a bit difficult when two major archetypes aim to ignore hi-energy (Raindance/Haymaker). You could try using Golduck for Hyper Beam, but I'd rather pump out 60 damage a turn with Blastoise. In my opinion energy removal is more of a support option, something to frustrate your opponent with. That doesn't make it any less ridiculous when you Super Energy Removal their Wigglytuff though :3

I forgot to mention Articuno and Lapras for their high HP (for some reason I ignored all non-Base Set except Scyther >_>).

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I started collecting Pokemon cards again last year when I was living with James (Yokai) but I cbf wasting money atm. I think you can play online right?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I started collecting Pokemon cards again last year when I was living with James (Yokai) but I cbf wasting money atm. I think you can play online right?
Lackey is where its at for that

Lackey has plug ins for like 50 ccgs, is hosted online and is free and easy as **** to setup

downside is its so ghetto it makes dekar look like a princess

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'd love to play cards but I simply don't have the money & I have better things to do online.
Like play runescape? :awesome:

The Spoils looks like a really interesting game, but yeah money johns here too.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have a largish collection of pokemon cards, but I am more into Yugioh for competitive play. Lock decks are the win, and some synchro's are pretty broken. Fusion and ritual cards don't see much use anymore because of them. The ban list for Yugioh OCG changes all the time, so a lot of the OP cards can be removed to make it more playable.

However as I think Luke said, the majority of the good cards have been out since the beginning. Some ranging from ridiculous amounts like 60-100 bucks for 1 card. (The most banned and limited cards mostly come from the first ed too lol)

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
RARE CARD REMINISCE TIME!!

I had a shadowless 1st ed Charizard that I sold for $600 back in 02, had an auction at a ballarat card shop. Apart from that I've had the occasional $50-$100 card.. Altho I had a Goku The All Powerful ultra rare that I put on ebay and sold for about $150.

I got into yu-gi-oh at the start and got a few good cards like exodia heads 1st ed and an arm, couple blue eyes dragons. Tho I didnt sell them till 08 on ebay so they didnt get very much *sadface*

Remastered

Smash Lord
Blue eyes are overrated and exodia is limited in comp play. I have atleast 5 blue eyes I think and all the exodia parts. None of which work all that well with my decks.

If anyone wants to buy Pokemon or Yugioh cards off me, I have a heap. Make a request for a card you need and I'll check if I have it.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Blue Eyes Decks are quite good with the proper support.
New gen relies more on effects, and the blue eyes are just power. For example, I play ancient forest (field spell) which destroys any monster that attacks. Without card effects, they almost become half as good as they should be.

Plus attacking is the number 1 set off for traps, spells and effects on activation. Safer to attack less.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
Seriously thats what I didn't get with yugioh show, like "Ill lay a card face diwn and end my turn" other person "okay ill attack blindy"...... "you've activated my trap"

Like everyone knew it was a trap except that one person

Remastered

Smash Lord
Jinzo crap compared to Plasma. Put both together, and you almost can't lose lol. Need one spell silencer and an end of anubis and the game is basically yours.

It's all mind games Dean, put 3 card face down that are absolutely worthless and gains the same effect. Your opponent ****s themselves thinking they are going to set something off when really nothing will actually happen.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I have been getting into MTG lately. playing mostly with a pretty budget Standard Blue/Black control deck.

I use to play yugioh as well mostly with Zombies but also with Gadgets when they were pretty broke.

Top Bottom