• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Children's Card Games

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
It's all mind games Dean, put 3 card face down that are absolutely worthless and gains the same effect. Your opponent ****s themselves thinking they are going to set something off when really nothing will actually happen.
I was talking about the TV show where its always a trap

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
****IN JINZOOOO

Matt, I gotta come and play yugioh with you some day. Though I haven't got any cards :p

Wouldn't mind a look at your pokemonz. How old are they? I'll probably just want Double Colorless Energy though lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
me?
a troll?
hah! what lies

nah I was intrested but I dont want expensive holo ****.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
in a recent prerelease i went to (first one actually), this was my mvp card

arguably the worst legendary ever, and that's saying something

prerelease matches are stupid

Remastered

Smash Lord
I was talking about the TV show where its always a trap
True lol

****IN JINZOOOO

Matt, I gotta come and play yugioh with you some day. Though I haven't got any cards :p

Wouldn't mind a look at your pokemonz. How old are they? I'll probably just want Double Colorless Energy though lol.
I have double colourless so you should be right. Oldish, I think I stopped collecting during 3rd Gen, but I have a lot of rare and holo's, aswell as a 24ct gold plated togepi card.

I have a few deck for yugioh, blackwing, warrior, X & XX saber, Spellcaster, Dark Stall (my current deck, and rarely lose to anyone with it), Watt deck, Plasma lock, and the list goes on. SO I'm sure you can borrow one for a dual against me.

I had Toki over last week, dueling for about 4 hours as well as smash etc. I rebuilt his deck, so he would put up a pretty big challenge too if you get sick of versing mine.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I use to play yugioh as well mostly with Zombies but also with Gadgets when they were pretty broke.
I used to struggle pretty badly against the flipping sphynx, and a few other really good cards in the zombie decks. A mate of mine used to play out of play dimension zombies, and the power up with cards like the golden humunculus. So broken, and so BS to fight.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I play a red-eyes/dragon/lv/fusion/toomany****ingsubtypes deck.

Its pretty good, and has some amazing combos like being able to have 2 red-eyes out on turn 1 with a 5 headed dragon counting down with future fusion.
but competativly?
well I've never played it in that league, but I think its got too many weakness's

Remastered

Smash Lord
A lot of decks are built around field spells these days, and assault mode is a popular deck too. There is one particular dragon (stardust assault mode) that can only be killed by destroying it by battle, as its effect stops any other effect of a card on the field that it wants to stop, destroys the card, (monster, spell or trap) goes out of play and then comes back the next turn. Takes 3 cards to get it out and all the lower cards cancel every effect as well. It has 3800 Atk. Possibly the most common high card you will see these days. Happens to be the only time I lose anymore is against people who run it in their deck and if it comes out within the first 2 turns.

Lvl decks are very popular too, with a lot of the high end lvl cards going for $100ish by themselves. I saw the Lvl 10 Armed dragon going for $160 on ebay.

Vyse, should meet up sometime this weekend and check some pokemon cards, and I'll show you how to play Yugioh.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well then... I play, SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT!

(now let me explain the card to you, like I have done so 1000 times already)

what a great ****ing card

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
BUMP

So this weekend is QLD's Pokemon State Championships.

I'm playing Mewperior and my gf Aika is playing MespiritChamp (See below).

The Metagame we're expecting has two common themes.

1. It's Basic pokemon heavy
2. It's poke power heavy

So hopefully she does well.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Those two don't appear to have much synergy...how much energy does her deck run? Is Roxanne's still around?

Not into the actual comp scene atm sorry, the most I go to are pre-releases...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Synergy isn't as important as you'd think in the current meta.

Since Infernape Lv X/Luxray Lv X won US Nationals two years ago, the top performing decks have often simply combined two strengths into one strategy. Right now, it's Luxray/Garchomp's ability to take 6 prizes in 6 turns by using completely seperate attacks/powers to kill benched pokemon, whilst having access to an SP unique trainer engine that gives them options.

As for Mespiritchamp. The Mespirit part of the deck is an answer to the format's heavy reliance on powers. The Machamp SF part is to address the high level, basic only decks we're expecting. The Machamp Prime TR gives it the ability to compete with Stage 2 decks.

Actually, the synergy is a bit more between Machamp and the speed/recovery that the deck will offer. The Mespirit part is necessary to make sure that other decks can't set up or use powers like they want, and that in itself could be viewed as synergy when one of your goals is to hamper their efforts to play around your Machamp.

Synergy/Combos will be much more prevalent in the upcoming format where SP will likely be rotated. Roseanne's was rotated at the end of last season. It's currently MD-on.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Oh, so there's still a big SP presence. Do they count as unevolved?

Luxray LvX is just a bloody good card, I used to run it as setup support in a copypaste Beedrill deck, and it ended up being my main force a lot of the time. If I were playing I'd probably run an SP deck...so many good SP trainers, and SP pokes tend to be pretty decent on the whole.

If there aren't things like Roxanne's around, guess that means Mespirit/Seeker is a valid combo...I'm concerned there are better Supporters you could be playing in the setup phase, but I can see that particular combo would keep working into the lategame.

Is Machamp LvX there for raw power, or is there some sort of support setup I'm missing? I would've thought Machamp's first two attacks would suffice for most purposes. It seems like a huge energy investment if you're going to use it offensively, and if Night Maintenance and the like are gone (?), a dead Machamp is a big problem :\

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh, so there's still a big SP presence. Do they count as unevolved?
Yes. And Unown G was rotated out, meaning you can't safeguard against it anymore.

Luxray LvX is just a bloody good card, I used to run it as setup support in a copypaste Beedrill deck, and it ended up being my main force a lot of the time. If I were playing I'd probably run an SP deck...so many good SP trainers, and SP pokes tend to be pretty decent on the whole.
Raybees would still be epic if the Band attack beedrill didn't rotate :(

SP trainers are broke, but now Trainer lock is a huge deal. There's Spiritomb AR which blocks trainers when active, and Vileplume UD which blocks them even when benched.

And even then SP STILL WINS. lol.

If there aren't things like Roxanne's around, guess that means Mespirit/Seeker is a valid combo...I'm concerned there are better Supporters you could be playing in the setup phase, but I can see that particular combo would keep working into the lategame.
Oh yeah, for sure. First turn Pokemon Collector "Search your deck for 3 basic pokemon and add them to your hand". One of those is a Mespirit :)

Then, in addition to seeker, they reprinted Super Scoop Up which lets you return any pokemon on a coin flip. So if you get a good flip, you can afford not to use Seeker.

Is Machamp LvX there for raw power, or is there some sort of support setup I'm missing? I would've thought Machamp's first two attacks would suffice for most purposes. It seems like a huge energy investment if you're going to use it offensively, and if Night Maintenance and the like are gone (?), a dead Machamp is a big problem :\
There's no Machamp Lv X in the deck. HGSS Triumphant gave Machamp decks the new 'Machamp Prime' which is essentially just a rarer kind of stage 2 they made for the HGSS block (Basically, sets include a normal stage 2 of the pokemon as well, nothing special).

It's different from a Lv X because it's not a level up card. It's literally just a rarer, different stage 2 to choose from.

As for it's place, it's there to deal with other stage 2 decks one might expect. Hurricane Punch is terrible at the best of times, however for 1 fighting and 1 Double Colourless (Yes they reprinted that too, so now Garchomp C Lv X is broken), you can do a guaranteed 60 and special energy discard.

As for recovery, there's a new special energy called 'rescue energy' that lets you return a whole line of pokemon (but not attached energy/tools) to your hand when it is knocked out.

If you were interested in busting out some cards, see if you've got Gyarados SF handy. None of the cards in Gyarados are very expensive and it is definitely a Tier 1 deck. But don't let me tempt you lol.

Also your Luxray SP lines will be quite valuable right now.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I sold them already :\

I might look at getting into the TCG when Black/White roll around, went to a Call of Legends pre-release that put me off so badly...when the Dialga I posted up in this thread was my MVP, you know the set is absolutely idiotic...

Like everyone else in this world, I don't have enough money. No money = no children's trading cards = me sadface

Might just get some of those unofficial championship decks to play with...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I sold them already :\

I might look at getting into the TCG when Black/White roll around, went to a Call of Legends pre-release that put me off so badly...when the Dialga I posted up in this thread was my MVP, you know the set is absolutely idiotic...

Like everyone else in this world, I don't have enough money. No money = no children's trading cards = me sadface

Might just get some of those unofficial championship decks to play with...
Yeah, just wait for rotation. Black and white is setting up to bring the metagame back to basics. No lv x cards or sp gimmicks. No dual legend cards. Not even rev holo cards anymore rofl.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The SP cards I found cool, the supporting Trainers were not.

SP Radar made me. :(, Power Spray :glare:, POKE TURN CROBAT AND LUXRAY IN EVERY DECK GARHH

I was at my best with Base-Jungle-Fossil, this should be interesting.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The current format has pokemon communication now, which is like radar, but minus the sp only part.

Also no need to judge the format based on call of legends. It was mostly a filler set of reprints from earlier in the hgss block and the very few cards they hadn't released yet. It's the worst set ever unless you're a collector, or play gengar prime.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I noticed how little strategy was there, since every deck ran a ridiculous hodgepodge of Pokes

On the plus side I got reverse holo Dialga and rare holo Palkia, plus 3 Lost Worlds and assorted baby Pokes

Top Bottom