• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chiptunes!

UberMario

Smash Master
I do occasoionally, nothing that I'd consider releasing to the public quite yet though. (tweaking things here and there, etc.)

BTW, what VST did you use for the drums and some of the instruments that come in later on in that piece? They sound pretty good (as does the song).

UberMario

Smash Master
I never knew about that program, I guess I should try it out, it sounds great from what I've heard though.

MintChip

Smash Cadet
it's pretty great, especially if you have an MIDI keyboard to hook into your computer. Makes things much easier.

If it's good enough for Anamanaguchi, it's good enough for me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I use LSDJ, which is a gameboy sequencer. I don't know a whole lot about it and I've mostly learned how to work it myself so I'm not nearly on the level of most chiptune people. Sometimes I incorporate fake chiptune sounds and videogame noises into my other music projects (I can make an almost exact mimic of one of the jumping sounds in Super Mario World on my guitar :D )

DualCats

Smash Ace
I haven't used famitracker in at least a billion years. I do some things which I like to call chiptunes but they're not in classic 8-bit style.

Top Bottom