• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chris Lionheart's Make Your Move 4.0 Story Mode: Armaggedon

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Oh my God, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a BBQ in my life! It was so utterly rediculous that it was awesome.

So are these supposed to be actual drawings of the Sandbags? Cool! Who made 'em?
Lol Then it did its job.

And Mendez made those drawings for the upcoming Sandbags moveset.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I do have one complaint...

K.Rool's picture is ginormous.

Mine is not.

Something is obviously wrong here. :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
^Um. . .No?

The Elf parody was lulzy, and I liked the design of the third level SirKibble had to go through. I was surprised you didn't include any Kirby characters seeing you started in a Kirby setting and Iago was in chapter 3, but meh, there are plenty more Kirby characters that they can easily make up their own chapter.

Nice stuff.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Chapter 4 said:
Captain: That's a ***** plan.
Master Warlord: Indeed... IT NEEDS MORE DETAIL!
Best. BBQ line. Ever.

Now, as for the rest of the chapter, I actually found the random humor to work for the most part. Warlord vs Persians...in a dance-off! I like how Warlord was 9001 times more epic than the other 300 spartans, it was like an ultimate glorification of MYM.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Considering how random Kibble's was, I'm not complaining. It was quite humurous, the MYM references sprinkeled in made it all the better. And I get to outperform Leondias!

However, I thought you were aiming for a more serious tone with this SM (Curse you who call it a BBQ), what with that epic ending and such. Chapters like these aren't exactly going to make that goal easy.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Considering how random Kibble's was, I'm not complaining. It was quite humurous, the MYM references sprinkeled in made it all the better. And I get to outperform Leondias!

However, I thought you were aiming for a more serious tone with this SM (Curse you who call it a BBQ), what with that epic ending and such. Chapters like these aren't exactly going to make that goal easy.
I'm glad you liked the comedy. I was half expecting you to complain about humorizing your initial role.

Sure the ending is going to be serious/dramatic and epic... I just thought I would get some enjoyment on the way there. No jokes makes for a dull SSE/BBQ/potato, afterall.

The Sandbag stories are Gaiden Chapters anyway.. they have more room for humor.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post, but Mendez's chapter is up. I also made an intro.... albeit a cheesy one.

The roster has been removed. I'm not going to pressure myself to add characters, but I will as I see fit (though there is still a great chance of your character getting in if you requested it.)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Poor you, nobody's commented on it yet. Since I know what that feels like, I'll just have to provide my $.02 then.

Anyways, like the other Sandbag chapters, this was a fun read. It's always entertaining to read about a MYMer kicking butt, lol. I liked how Mendez was all coky and arrogant about everything.

The boss battles looked better than your previous ones, so I'm glad to see you're improving.

If anything, the one thing I didn't like was there wasn't any explanation about the AI helpers. Were they cloned move sets? Assist trophies? I liked the idea of having special non-playable cameo characters, but I would have liked it a lot more if there were a bit more of that stuff that Warlord's always whining about.;)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Some awesome dialogue in Mendez's chapter, Chris! Mendez + Simon Belmont + Van Helsing + Blade is a definite recipe for success!!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I really liked the newest chapter, it easily stands out as your best IMO, though is Dracula a playable character? Seeing his name isn't bolded, it'd be awkward for Belmont to be playable but not Dracula considering how much more important Dracula is to MYM for obvious reasons.

Coming out of the joke chapters into a more serious one was a much needed change IMHO, and you executed it well enough with this chapter. . .Although are you going to make movesets for Van Helsing and Blade? I don't recall them having been done before.

Good stuff, I particularly liked the dialogue, especially Mendez's. Well done.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I really liked the newest chapter, it easily stands out as your best IMO, though is Dracula a playable character? Seeing his name isn't bolded, it'd be awkward for Belmont to be playable but not Dracula considering how much more important Dracula is to MYM for obvious reasons.

Coming out of the joke chapters into a more serious one was a much needed change IMHO, and you executed it well enough with this chapter. . .Although are you going to make movesets for Van Helsing and Blade? I don't recall them having been done before.

Good stuff, I particularly liked the dialogue, especially Mendez's. Well done.
Notice that Belmont wasn't playable. Like Van Helsing and Blade he was an NPC. I thought it would be fitting to include some other vampire hunters alongside Mendez.

I have considered making one or the other... but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it this time around.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Awesome new chapter!! :)

Finally, all of the Sandbags have been introduced! Now we can begin being the most awesome character(s) in all of...everything!! :cool:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
uh ohes, I actually recognised that boss from your universe's profile.

All I guess that just means you've created an OC world that I actually give a d*mn about. :chuckle:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So we're finally back to the main team, eh? Let's see how this turns out.

Hmmm, the complete changing of what game we're playing seems a little iffy, but then again the fact that any of our SMs have actual effort put into them already makes them impractical for Brawl. :laugh: In any case I applaud you for at least trying something new.

The scene when Bowser met Pyre made me lol. It reminded me of my scene in my SM when Luigi met Cornell. It's always fun making the animal characters be more intellegent than the main cast.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Sorry for being so late on commenting this chapter after I promised you, but my internet went out. Again.

Anyways, I also found it awkward that you essentially changed the game we were playing from Brawl to FE. When you said you were going to implement RTS style stuff, I was thinking you were somehow still going to make it in the Brawl interface. Still, mixing it up with FE style gameplay is far superior to having yet another generic level.

I like how you have fun with Link being mute. . ."Quite excited, isn't he?". Good times. I don't really like your portrayal of Bowser though. . .He can speak too and regularly exercises this ability in games that are more then spin offs. While it is just text bubbles, he does have an actual voice actor in Super Mario Sunshine if that means anything.

Besides, how is Bowser going to do what I suggested to you earlier if he can't communicate with the others?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sorry for being so late on commenting this chapter after I promised you, but my internet went out. Again.

Anyways, I also found it awkward that you essentially changed the game we were playing from Brawl to FE. When you said you were going to implement RTS style stuff, I was thinking you were somehow still going to make it in the Brawl interface. Still, mixing it up with FE style gameplay is far superior to having yet another generic level.

I like how you have fun with Link being mute. . ."Quite excited, isn't he?". Good times. I don't really like your portrayal of Bowser though. . .He can speak too and regularly exercises this ability in games that are more then spin offs. While it is just text bubbles, he does have an actual voice actor in Super Mario Sunshine if that means anything.

Besides, how is Bowser going to do what I suggested to you earlier if he can't communicate with the others?
Ah good point.. I'll edit Bowser's "speach".

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Despite being short, this was among your better chapters. You're doing a decent job of developing Sam and Kelsey, and that was a good way to give Bowser some screen time as well as implement some Mario style gameplay. For once we were actually exploring characters rather than just simply traveling.

Good job.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Chapter 10 is up. It isn't my longest chapter, but it does hold importance to the story and has a good amount of gameplay for its length. It also brings in a lot of characters.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post, but Chapter 11 is up. Its among the longer chapters, as it gets through a huge section of the traveling and recruits several characters.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Sorry for not commenting in a while, been busy.

Okay, I guess the main thing I liked about these chapters were the level designs. The Super Mario bros parody, the Guild war parody, the 1000 enemies battle...lot's of fun references to other games.

I also liked seeing the Sandbags get involved with the main story. I was starting to worry that they were just in it for the lulz.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Thanks for the comment.

Chapter 14 is posted. It is one of the last chapters and one of the most important chapters in the SM, the turning point of the story.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
This was easily your best chapter.

The desert level with the water mechanic just felt really clever while fitting perfectly with the theme. I also enjoyed the Halberd level with the playable Heavy Lobster.

The plot was decent, but the ending of it was great with Ashencroft possesing Sam.

How many chapters are there anyways? You're one of the few people who's actually still working on thier SM, we need more finished!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Part I of the Endgame is posted. It has some of the most epic level designs. Due to mass detail in one part, and inevitable longness of the endgame as a whole, I am posting it in parts (probably 2-3 parts).

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
That was pretty epic.

I doubt much people would like the 30 minute level, considering you could be at 29 minutes and then half to continue, but the RTS level was awesome.

I was actually surprised to see the main character of your entire OC universe be killed off. You got a spine, man. Though it being unexpected meant that it did tug at my heart-strings a little, so good job.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Thanks for the comment.

Chris's death was completely planned. I thought it would give the story the "bittersweet" feel I was looking for, and it was a good way to shift attention to Sam as the new main OC.

Anyway, Endgame III is posted. Its the Kelsey v. Sam and Sam's Soul v. Vulcan fights. Only one more part to go till the Endgame is finished.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wow, that was awesome!

I loved the part where you had to choose the ending of the battle. It was actually touching when Kelsey and Sam died together.

The final boss was pretty cool. Definitley one of your best. I see the MYM4 SMs like to have human-sized final bosses, heehee.

Top Bottom