• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christsmash in Junly *Santa Confirmed*

Corigames

Smash Hero
My Birthday is on June 30th. After thinking about what I want to do for it, all I could think of was to eat, drink, smoke, and play Melee. So, I'm throwing a holiday-style Melee tournament.

Seeing as how our state doesn't give two ****s about punctuality, I'm just going to say we'll start when everyone gets here, but the planned starting time is from 12-2pm. I'm only doing Melee Singles as the goal of this tournament, but, if time is permitted, we might do some double, crews, or other game variants if people want to do it.

Who?
Me?
AZ?

What?
Melee. Real Melee. Not Melee light. Not Melee off-brand. Not Melee Diet. Melee. SSBM.

Where?
2430 W Jacinto Ave
Mesa, AZ 85202

When?
Noon~ish

Why?
Screw you.

Rules
Basically, all the normal run-of-the-mill tournament stuff:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313252
(If you're reading this page, I'm assuming that means you can follow that link too)
In addition to the regular rules, I will also instate Taj's Better Rule that bans all counter-pick only stages. Why? Because I f***ing love this rule. I may like Metroid, but that doesn't mean I like Brinstar.

Stuff
I have one set-up here.
I have an additional TV, so another cube and game gets us to 2.
If you have TV's, bring 'em. If you got cubes, pack 'em.
If you want to drink or toke, I'll have some of both, but not enough for everyone if everyone wants to partake. I've been giving my money to AZ's top players for months now, blame them :awesome:
I haven't TO'ed in a while, so sue me if this goes slow, but it's my Birthday.
Play friendlies, enjoy yourself, no worries.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
it's a good thing you posted this tourney thread in the actual AZ thread

i, for one, NEVER check the tournament boards... i only check my subscriptions, so sometimes i miss tourney threads

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I' llprobably end up bussing to this if I do go. Anyone down for housing me/transporting me to/from the nearest greyhound?

Alternatively, are there any smashers in Tucson who are at least 25? I can volunteer my mom's car if someone is 25+. I'd drive myself, but I'm 22.

:phone:

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
wait why do we need to be 25 to drive the car.
Also i really want to go to this.

Corigames

Smash Hero
@Tai
Can you bring recording stuff? I want games to be recorded.
@M3DZ
We've got this covered. I also found out we have a spare bed here, so we have plenty of places for you guys to sleep. I could probably get one more person as well.
@Herro
What's keeping you?
@AXE
:3 Imma beat you.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Would anybody be cool if my friend brings his projector so we could use with tai's recording setup? Its not the best but it does a good job.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
I can bring a TV & a recording set-up (Dazzle; splitters; RCA cable). I'd bring a Wii, but...Melee belongs in a cube imo, which I don't actually have. D:

/edit: Also don't know about rubyiris going to this anymore since he reportedly "quit smash" :(

Corigames

Smash Hero
M3DZ: We can find a place for it, the only problem is that projectors generally lag a lot in my experience.

Stuff: GC or wii don't matter a bit to mee. It plays it, then it's right for it.

:phone:

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Alrite everything is going good so far. Asked for the days off and my boss was cool with it. HYPE!!!! I want to play everyone at least once. Yo blood falcon u want to MM?

k9.

Smash Ace
Host brawl? you should more people would enter melee, and better turnout/B-day.

It is Kira's B-day that day to so you should host brawl as a gift.

Is there going to be PM hosted here?

Cori Happy early b day girl, im hype for you making it another year GOOD STUFF!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Host brawl?
Nope. :D
you should more people would enter melee, and better turnout/B-day.
Don't care. :p
It is Kira's B-day that day to so you should host brawl as a gift.
What kind of gift is giving someone Brawl? I'm holding a Melee tournament on my Birthday; it's a gift for everyone. If you don't like it, then **** you. :awesome:
Is there going to be PM hosted here?
Maybe. Only if there's enough set-ups that I think it's ok to have that too.
Cori Happy early b day girl, im hype for you making it another year GOOD STUFF!
Thanks <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I likely won't be going, unless Kyle or Max have room for me.

If I had a bit more of an income I could add myself to my moms insurance, but I.can't quite afford it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
So hyped for this tourney. Hey tai u mind watching some of my matches when I go over there and give me marth advice? I really need it

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
if i go, probably

my friends might have a pool party that day, and that takes precedence

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
i am down to go i have a car now that can make it no AC tho onnly thing is im kinda broke and dont have that much money for gas so if can get a full carpool then i can make it.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Yea same here 90% sure yuma is coming. So far there is 4 of us.

Even bought a new gc control for this :)

Top Bottom