• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat's DOJO Yellow Belt Results

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
As far as Inui and Atomsk go here's what I think: Atomsk sucks on teams with me because we both try to do everything. Inui camps and is good at being an opportunist and taking advantage of whenever his teammate gets hit then he gets a hit and comboing off things such as back throw and camps better than atomsk does. They do really well cuz they have opposite styles that work well together. On top of that, they have a lot of experience specifically with each other. Atomsk is used to doing everything with no one else attacking so he can just destroy everything, while inui camps hard and plays opportunist role. I guess it depends who they are teaming with, they are prolly both good in teams though, but changing teammates all the time can be annoying cuz no one knows how each other plays.

good job @ meep for winning

NJ is good. Ksizl's getting to be pretty beastly of a player as time goes on.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ima miss this region =[ u guys do a lota money matches lmao.
i beat sanocy but he beats chu WTF

ggz to all the really good players i money matched and slik vik for the three 8min matches ^_^
u guys are a lot closer and funnier than ppl here O_O

i was playing werid that day didint place as nice as i wanted to O.o

hova

Smash Champion

You're a fool. Mew2King just told me yesterday that I'm better at doubles than Atomsk, then Atomsk proceeded to tell me the same thing over the phone. The fact that he's been doing worse recently without me while I am not doing worse shows nothing but the opposite of what you're saying. My campy teams style and supporting strategies compliment his aggression and allow him to make use of his high individual skill, but I do not hold him back. I do the opposite. I propel him to greatness.

You are an idiot. I am a proven doubles genius, and you are nothing but a fool that can team with someone as great as Atomsk and give him his worst doubles placing ever (ADHD then proceeded to do the same thing). You know nothing about doubles when compared to me, and you know nothing of my teamwork with Atomsk.

Atomsk will never stop teaming with me. A better partner doesn't exist for him.

Do not address me as if you're my peer in doubles. You aren't.

ur stupid.

M2K pretty much said the same thing i was getting at. you guys work well together, but your styles are limited in that they play well together and not as good with other people.

Inui your team style is completely reliant on the other person doing all the work, while Atomsk could easily switch it up and hang back while the other person is being aggresive. it will take a lot of work for you to be a well rounded teams player while Atomsk could quickly get there by the end of the Summer.

you guys are a good team and work well together, but your shizt will cap eventually and you will be exposed for the weak link you are. you nor Atomsk are at the level of people like Chu when it comes to teams.

working well with a person and being dominate is one thing. being able to play off of random teammates and knowing exactly what a team needs to win is something completely different

you may think ur limited style may not matter because you will continue to team with Atomsk(a person who you work well with and who knows your style), but being able to switch up roles between the aggressor and support will be crucial when people start getting better and catch on to your team's weakness aka YOU

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
As far as Inui and Atomsk go here's what I think: Atomsk sucks on teams with me because we both try to do everything. Inui camps and is good at being an opportunist and taking advantage of whenever his teammate gets hit then he gets a hit and comboing off things such as back throw and camps better than atomsk does. They do really well cuz they have opposite styles that work well together. On top of that, they have a lot of experience specifically with each other. Atomsk is used to doing everything with no one else attacking so he can just destroy everything, while inui camps hard and plays opportunist role. I guess it depends who they are teaming with, they are prolly both good in teams though, but changing teammates all the time can be annoying cuz no one knows how each other plays.
Based off the videos, Inui/ Atomsk remind me a LOT of Azen/ Chillin in Melee.

Inui, as you said, is an opportunist who waits for the right time to strike hard. The rest of the while he's camping and preserving life. That's exactly how Azen played Falco, Peach, and Marth in doubles.

Chillin, on the other hand, is just the opposite. He is really aggressive and gets by/ fails on how intelligently he plays when applying his skills ( which, in most cases, is greater than most's). That's sort of like how Atomsk is. ( I think the Inui-Azen comparison is much more accurate, but the overall team style comparison is close)

Based off how much more motivated and passionate in teams Inui seems to be, I highly doubt he wouldn't be able to be very effective if he were to switch roles. He sees the game very wisely--he's patient and aware. That's how a great player is distinctive from an above-average player.

But because he sees that atomsk is good enough to handle a lot on his own, as long as he is getting timely support( which he, in large part, does), he knows that losing will be much easier to avoid if he just gays it up and saves life.

It's gay, but Brawl is very gay. I'm very surprised that so many people, in a community which has accepted the gayness of Brawl, don't also accept Inui's play style.

As scrooge McDuck said, work smarter not harder. That seems to be how Inui approaches doubles.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say he's a genius, but he definitely has a more natural feel for doubles than most do.

Also, why is Inui riding his **** for saying things which are incidentally positive about himself? He's been saying these things for a while, and so I'd imagine that, whether or not he's right, that's his honest opinion. That's it. Not riding his ****.

I don't see a problem with bringing yourself up that high once, especially when the majority of people around him are ridiculously cynical towards EVERYTHING he does.

I'm starting to think you guys are braindead *******s at this point.

KoreanStriker93

Smash Apprentice
Inui is good in teams, Inui knows this and is confident in his ability in teams. He's not riding his **** for being confident in his abilities in teams because he's good. He always places well and until he starts to not place as well, he will be good o.O If you think Inui isn't good in teams, then place higher then him...

Gratz Meep...

judge!

Smash Ace
inui is good in teams. He wouldent place top 3 every tourney for no reason in dubs.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Teams is a different ball game than singles:
1st: ChuDat (9th place) and SheikSSBM (17th)
2nd: Neo (3rd) and Hat (25th)
3rd: AlphaZealot (9th) and Plank (9th)
4th: ADHD (2nd) and Atomsk (4th)

Just based on singles results ADHD and Atomsk should have won doubles, and by a HUGE margin. It didn't happen though and that is because doubles is...well..different.

Of course, we don't need this analysis to explain that doubles is different, because I think everyone already knows its completely different. It's just Sunday night and there isn't anything to do so I'm posting.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ur stupid.

Everything I have said is correct. The only thing that matches your vast ignorance is your vast stupidity.

M2K pretty much said the same thing i was getting at. you guys work well together, but your styles are limited in that they play well together and not as good with other people.

Unlike you, I do not make claims I can't support with real evidence.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5507
I teamed with Ether here, a very campy player, forcing me to be the attacker. We got second to Anti and ksizzle.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4887
I won this small event teaming with Izumi, a camper, forcing me to be the attacker.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5177
Got third here with Izumi, but what can you expect when the the two better teams had players far better than Izumi on them? I can't do everything. We still beat ksizzle's team.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4903
Teamed with ksizzle, and took second to Mew2King and P~S.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4861
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4862
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=4710
Mew2King and I won both of the teams events at WHOBO an NJ tournament, no surprise there.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5507
Teamed with Ether, took second to Anti and ksizzle. Ether was the worst player of the four and a camper, forcing me to attack and do most of the work (in most sets I did the fighting).

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=3714
ChuDat and I won this tournament. This was recorded, and you can plainly see that I do very well.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=3880
Teamed with teh_spamerer here, did most of the fighting, and got first.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239311
Took second to Mew2King and Anti teaming with ksizzle. I was amazing in this set. Ask Mew2King yourself.

I have proof. You don't. Give up, fool.

Inui your team style is completely reliant on the other person doing all the work, while Atomsk could easily switch it up and hang back while the other person is being aggresive. it will take a lot of work for you to be a well rounded teams player while Atomsk could quickly get there by the end of the Summer.

Fool. I have just proven to you that I can perform either role. Ask Atomsk yourself how often I have to attack. Against Anti and Judge at Apex, I did almost all of the fighting and we won while he camped.

you guys are a good team and work well together, but your shizt will cap eventually and you will be exposed for the weak link you are. you nor Atomsk are at the level of people like Chu when it comes to teams.

Our team is perfect. PERFECT. We do not have a weak link, and if you think I'm one, I dare you to try and hunt me down. You will lose. Badly. As usual.

ChuDat generally loses to Atomsk and I in doubles and does worse, so you're clearly wrong. Facts contradict your idiotic opinion. However, I will admit that I consider ChuDat my second biggest threat in doubles after Mew2King.

working well with a person and being dominate is one thing. being able to play off of random teammates and knowing exactly what a team needs to win is something completely different

As a proven doubles genius, I am well aware of this, hence my superior success rate between Atomsk and I when we require different partners.

I know far more about doubles than you, Atomsk, and most people period. Do not lecture me about doubles. You are not my peer in doubles.

you may think ur limited style may not matter because you will continue to team with Atomsk(a person who you work well with and who knows your style), but being able to switch up roles between the aggressor and support will be crucial when people start getting better and catch on to your team's weakness aka YOU

Like I said earlier, you are an ignorant fool unable to fathom what doubles truly is. You are totally wrong, as usual, and assume I'm bad based on...what exactly?

I'm extremely passionate about doubles. It's all I care about with this game. I constantly think about doubles. I plan things out, have tons of strategies, and I can dissect another team and discover their weak links easily. I am a doubles genius. This not me bragging. This is not an exaggeration. It is a fact.

Keep your worthless, uneducated, ignorant, and stupid opinion to yourself, and keep entering doubles to increase the amount of cash I win, you fool. I am sick and tired of you.

I do not want you talking to me anymore. Do not IM me. Do not address me at tournaments. Shut up, lose to me as usual, and that's it.

Based off the videos, Inui/ Atomsk remind me a LOT of Azen/ Chillin in Melee.

Inui, as you said, is an opportunist who waits for the right time to strike hard. The rest of the while he's camping and preserving life. That's exactly how Azen played Falco, Peach, and Marth in doubles.

Chillin, on the other hand, is just the opposite. He is really aggressive and gets by/ fails on how intelligently he plays when applying his skills ( which, in most cases, is greater than most's). That's sort of like how Atomsk is. ( I think the Inui-Azen comparison is much more accurate, but the overall team style comparison is close)

Based off how much more motivated and passionate in teams Inui seems to be, I highly doubt he wouldn't be able to be very effective if he were to switch roles. He sees the game very wisely--he's patient and aware. That's how a great player is distinctive from an above-average player.

But because he sees that atomsk is good enough to handle a lot on his own, as long as he is getting timely support( which he, in large part, does), he knows that losing will be much easier to avoid if he just gays it up and saves life.

It's gay, but Brawl is very gay. I'm very surprised that so many people, in a community which has accepted the gayness of Brawl, don't also accept Inui's play style.

As scrooge McDuck said, work smarter not harder. That seems to be how Inui approaches doubles.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say he's a genius, but he definitely has a more natural feel for doubles than most do.

Also, why is Inui riding his **** for saying things which are incidentally positive about himself? He's been saying these things for a while, and so I'd imagine that, whether or not he's right, that's his honest opinion. That's it. Not riding his ****.

I don't see a problem with bringing yourself up that high once, especially when the majority of people around him are ridiculously cynical towards EVERYTHING he does.

I'm starting to think you guys are braindead *******s at this point.
Inui is good in teams, Inui knows this and is confident in his ability in teams. He's not riding his **** for being confident in his abilities in teams because he's good. He always places well and until he starts to not place as well, he will be good o.O If you think Inui isn't good in teams, then place higher then him...
inui is good in teams. He wouldent place top 3 every tourney for no reason in dubs.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Gosh, Inui is amazing at doubles with Meta Knight.

While that is indeed correct, I have won doubles or placed extremely in doubles using multiple other characters. I won with Pit a lot when the game came out, and when I started teaming with Atomsk we were very dominant with my Marth and Pit. Recently, I've had great success with both Snake and Wario, including taking out ADHD/dmbrandon and Pierce/BlackWaltz using double Wario with Atomsk, taking out Snakeee/dmbrandon when I was Wario and Atomsk was MK, and taking out Anti/Dabuz with my Snake. I could go on and on.

I am talented at doubles, not just my character. I constantly think about doubles and strategize based on all of the characters I use and frequently team with.

Also, if MK is so easy to use in doubles, why are there only three MKs with extremely high success rates in doubles? It's just me, Mew2King, and Tyrant that do as well as 1st/2nd constantly at everything.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
LOL let's all laugh at Inui

go back to the lairrrrrrrrrr and fantasize about co18/colbol you ******

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion

While that is indeed correct, I have won doubles or placed extremely in doubles using multiple other characters. I won with Pit a lot when the game came out, and when I started teaming with Atomsk we were very dominant with my Marth and Pit. Recently, I've had great success with both Snake and Wario, including taking out ADHD/dmbrandon and Pierce/BlackWaltz using double Wario with Atomsk, taking out Snakeee/dmbrandon when I was Wario and Atomsk was MK, and taking out Anti/Dabuz with my Snake. I could go on and on.

I am talented at doubles, not just my character. I constantly think about doubles and strategize based on all of the characters I use and frequently team with.

Also, if MK is so easy to use in doubles, why are there only three MKs with extremely high success rates in doubles? It's just me, Mew2King, and Tyrant that do as well as 1st/2nd constantly at everything.
No reason to throw your impervious logic at me... I was just stating that you're amazing in doubles with your respective character, fine sir.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Time to turn this into a normal (read: pleasant) results thread:

1: Meep (Ice Climbers): sorry we didn't get a rematch. I was really looking forward to playing you again. Stupid venue.
2: ADHD (Diddy Kong): glad we got 1 friendly in. Sad we didn't get to talk more. Sorry I couldn't help you more when you fought Meep but it sounds like you did figure out to dair nana (I'm guessing from a bthrow)
3: Neo (Marth): wow you went on fire in teams. It was absolutely stunning. Its always nice seeing you at a tournament. You and like a few other MD/VA people (vist/meep/chu/etc) at still hanging around. Geez its been like 4-5 years since we first met each other.
4: Atomsk (Dedede/Metaknight/Ice Climbers (more)): dang didn't play ya. I needed D3 practice badly too.
5: Pyronic Star (Olimar): good **** with Oli. I need to work on this match up. Nice win, nice placement, nice work.
*6: Sanoscy (Metaknight): From the sounds of it this was one of your first offline tournaments. Nice work on 6th, and as I've told people many times before online talent does translate to results offline.
7: Slikvik: didn't get to play ya :(
7: Turbo Gilman (Dedede/Pikachu): or you (and I wanted revenge hehehe)
9: Plank (Metaknight): nice teaming with you. I'm a bit sad you got frustrated...but I think for our first time teaming (and I know it is hard to get use to Diddy as a teammate) that we did pretty well.
9: Chu Dat (Kirby): wow you are to good in teams, and your kirby is just....wow. Nice tournament, you and tant ran it pretty well all things considered (low tvs/cramped venue)
9: Alpha Zealot (Diddy Kong): fccking step your game up mangz
9: Boss (Luigi/Mario/G&W(: why have I never fought you in tournament?
13: Jash (Toon Link): TL! <3 TL's!
13: Lobos (Toon Link): tough draw for round 2 winners. I think its fair to say you won't ever fight a Diddy with as much TL experience as I have. I think I saw you wreck Deez later on and you TL was a TON faster then the first time we played. keep improving mangz.
13: KBM (Olimar): nice playing ya in brackets, good olimar, you had me on the ropes at times!
13: Chinesahh (Falco/Pit): wow randomly coming to a tournament?
17: TKO (Falco): good games in doubles!
17: DewDaDash (Dedede): stop air camping! if I wanted I could have just counted jumps, punished your landing, gotten a lead, and camped you right back. that said, our first game was really close and you had a very nice nana slip > f-smash KO on me.
17: ShiekSSBM (Luigi): dang you got soo mnay up - B's in doubles to gooddzz
17: Vist (Luigi/G&W): old school.
25: HAT (Snake/Kirby): ggs in doubles, you stepped your game up against me/plank good ****
25: EEvisu (Dedede): ggs in doubles as well, you and sanoscy made it very close
25: Tantalus (Metaknight/Dedede): nice job running everything and good work keeping everything moving and getting as much done as you could in the venue.
25: Jwallz (no clue): briefly met ya, nice sonic from what I saw mangz, but you need to get another approach besides spin dash (and better defense besides spindash cancel camping)
49: Alex Strife (G&W): good talking to ya and when you get more details about the next apex send me a PM so we can talk more.

Toasty: sanoscy has a * next to his name because he got 6th place, and not a tie for 5th. ChuDat's Dojo series has 5th/6th play out to determine the rankings.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I wrote on the Internet like a child back then.

Last edited:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yea i'm sure you and atmosk go at it every night
Ugh...no. I was talking more about ADHD, Shadow, Jman, Snakeee, ChuDat, etc.

tight

maybe you could summarize it for me sometime

i didn't bother wasting my time reading it

That's just you giving up, of course. When one is met with the truth, proven totally wrong, and a made fool of, what else can they say?

What gorgeous boys are left? I can think of 1 now, and Judge isn't from the North ... =) Bunch of fuglies up in the North if you ask me...

thats right.. F U G L I E S...

says the Fat guy.

I still <3 the fuglies though... except ADHD.. ^_^
You're crazy. ChuDat and Snakeee are two, and we agree on both! You're just weird and don't like the pretty or younger ones.

PRiDE

Smash Lord

Last edited:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whoa, ChuDat is never inconsistent with his looks. He consistently spends an hour on his hair pre-tournament every tournament.

And his hair looks hot.

no homo.

PRiDE

Smash Lord

Last edited:

hova

Smash Champion
inui- i think it's pretty obvious that neither one of us cares about the other person's opinion. you just enjoy posting dumb crap a little more than i do

Top Bottom