• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well school should be done, so come out and rep the robot. If you ever wanna train I'm in Spencer, MA so hit me on AIM and we can hook something up mang.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna be the random topic changer :) Breaking rules is fun?

MD/VA needs more R.O.B. :( We all died. We had 7, now we have 3.

Nacker died.
Jcz went B+.
Toasty plays Melee.
Tant uses Metaknight mostly now.

That leaves me, Oathmeal, and Glyph. Glyph has been to/attends less tourneys than I do, but has beaten me twice in a "mini-tourney" in R.O.B. dittos. Oathmeal, I have beaten his R.O.B. and Metaknight in the same "mini-tourney" but attends events twice as often as I. His performance I'm not sure...it goes up and down, both events we attended at the same time I've outplaced him/beat him. Idk where I stand x_x

joebot

Smash Rookie
The northeast also needs more rob. Actually, I'm the only one and I like it that way.
I don't count? :(

Let's make sure we play at game zone if you're going. I might not make it this Saturday, but I'll be there next week for sure.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm just gonna be the random topic changer :) Breaking rules is fun?

MD/VA needs more R.O.B. :( We all died. We had 7, now we have 3.

Nacker died.
Jcz went B+.
Toasty plays Melee.
Tant uses Metaknight mostly now.

That leaves me, Oathmeal, and Glyph. Glyph has been to/attends less tourneys than I do, but has beaten me twice in a "mini-tourney" in R.O.B. dittos. Oathmeal, I have beaten his R.O.B. and Metaknight in the same "mini-tourney" but attends events twice as often as I. His performance I'm not sure...it goes up and down, both events we attended at the same time I've outplaced him/beat him. Idk where I stand x_x
Best ROB in MD/VA?!?!?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaw =P

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Pretty **** amazing Jamn. They love to touch and feel my hair, as well as other areas :cool:

jk but everyone loves my hair <_<

On another note, some dude brought Smash into the place where me and my friends hang during lunch. He says he is going to continue to bring it in, but he/my friends want to "play the game it was intended to be played" with items and ****, and then they brag when I lose because all of them know how I play it competitively. Should I play nice and go by there rules? or **** the hell out of them and continuously ask to play with standard rules?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Pretty **** amazing Jamn. They love to touch and feel my hair, as well as other areas :cool:

jk but everyone loves my hair <_<

On another note, some dude brought Smash into the place where me and my friends hang during lunch. He says he is going to continue to bring it in, but he/my friends want to "play the game it was intended to be played" with items and ****, and then they brag when I lose because all of them know how I play it competitively. Should I play nice and go by there rules? or **** the hell out of them and continuously ask to play with standard rules?
Show them the meaning of Brawl. Camp the **** out of em.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap, ROB social thread. And there's more NE ROBs than SE...

We've got Stingerz, myself, Sudai(B+ doesn't count though), Ruse, Manko, and Deadw8. I never see tourney results for Ruse and Manko though... :X

Also MK is not THAT bad even though it's definitely our worst matchup <_<

Sudai

Stuff here
ZOM~B, I don't even play ROB in B+.

JJ, just pick MK in the items game. He's broken no matter how you play Brawl.

I'm entering two last Brawl tournies. One this weekend and one next weekend. I basically set myself up for extreme heartbreak within the past two weeks too, and it seems like it's finally going through. *sigh* Yay for predictable ex girlfriends. Expect top 3 from me at LasT3...

Ruse

Fox
me and zom-b are like the only real atlantic south robs
I also take offense to that, but with my lack of tournament placings I understand.

The only reason ZomB places is because he lives in GA. The only people in GA that are any good at all (from what I've seen and heard) are Kismet and Big Lou (kind of like AL... they really only seem to have Reflex and Will_).

You on the other hand are a very good ROB (not that ZomB is bad or anything! Sorry if I'm coming off like a d***), possibly the best in the Atlantic South (unless I'm missing someone?) now that Sudai has peaced out.

I personally feel like Mankosuki and I are both tournament viable now, but haven't made it to any tournaments recently besides dinky local ones (attending LasT 3, hopefully!). PCola is going to be getting more active when HolyChef returns from PA in August, and we now most likely have our fourth crew member back :).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Niiiice sig Ruse.

jj I dunno who's the best MD/VA ROB now. When I was still playing Brawl, it was pretty hard to determine anything after Nacker and me (would've been toasty if he counts as MD/VA), and now that I retired from Brawl it's even harder (no homo).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So they just discovered that Sheik can infinite about 3/4s of the cast: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234716
And all it takes to start is landing an ftilt, which is waaaaay easier than landing a dsmash with ZSS or a grab with ICs. What a wonderful game Brawl is -_-

On the bright side (and ironically considering the ZSS bull****), it doesn't work on ROB! ^_^

And even better news, MK may have a legitimately bad matchup now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmsrrBDfTXc

Deadweight

Smash Ace
I also take offense to that, but with my lack of tournament placings I understand.
But I do have decent tourney placings >__>
Also Ive been practicing that infinite its pretttty easy :O
Shiek for high teir

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
The only reason ZomB places is because he lives in GA. The only people in GA that are any good at all (from what I've seen and heard) are Kismet and Big Lou (kind of like AL... they really only seem to have Reflex and Will_).
Er, we have Reflex, Kismet, and Big Lou at ever majorish tournament. While I'll admit the competition is easier than Florida, while in Florida I took a game off of Seibrik in our set(Second round Tally tourney), almost beat Co18's D3(Got him first round gigs). I'd like to point out that while maybe GA doesn't have that difficult a scene, (you know, despite haveing Kismet, Reflex and BigLou) I don't think NC necessarily does either. That being said Stingerz is still a beast, I only point it out because I don't follow your logic.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys want competition come up to the NE. Blackmage(best GW), Fatal, Dazwa, Darc, Buuman(top 3 ddd) and we have NY/NJ here for all the majorish tournaments. Inui, Diem, M2K on occasion. Then we have KDJ who doesn't come to many tournaments but he's still an absolutely incredible player. He's a great MK and is so quick to adapt...I hate playing him.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Well....I just returned home from school and played with their rules and stuff. We only had about 20 mins to play since the room was closed first half of lunch, but we still had fun. So, in order to get everyone to play once, we did some doubles. Rules were 3 stock, all items except smash ball on medium, FD always (homo), and TA off. It was owner stays on always, winner stays on, and the person who called next gets to team with the owner.

First game comes up and I'm teaming with my friend who uses Ike. The owner and his friend use a team consisting of Wolf and Kirby, pretty easy amirite? Rite. We end up 5 stocking them no problem (for me anyway).

Next match comes up and I'm going against the owner and a kid I despise because hes like the stereotypical nerd and I just want to choke him whenever he speaks <_< anyway, he went Snake, and the owner went Wolf again. This match was pretty funny, because the kid I can't stand starts complaining when I spike him from the top of the screen on his 2nd stock out of cypher. He starts saying, "JJ you're cheap! You f***ing hunt, its cheap!". I ask whats hunting and then he says its following one player off the map and attacking them. I tried to stop myself from busting out in laughter, but I couldn't help it :p I began to explain to him, mid match, that its called edgeguarding and thats how its supposed to be played. He doesn't want to admit hes wrong, and sits silently for the rest of the match because he SDs while talking. We win 4 stock. Yay -_-

The rest of the matches went like the first one, I did most work and had people complaining somewhat. We finish playing, and my friend who I was teaming with says "Hey JJ, I think I should start this competitively. I may have a shot at this!". I tell him he has a whiles way to go, but with a little determination and practice, he'll make it no time. So I felt good for the rest of the day. I ***** nubs in Smash, beat them horribly with their rules, and may have gotten MD/VA a new player :)

Top Bottom