• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If you do a reverse special while running, then I consider it a reverse MOMENTUM special and I cover those in part 2 of the video. Both use different inputs respectively (direction then B move for reverse specials, B move then direction for RM specials).
yeah but...you still dont reverse the momentum on some things...has anyone got a video of rob dashing, then reversing an up-b but still going the same direction? I know we can do it....eric? you're the technical dude

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, but not the guy im trying to explain it to, I appreciate that the guy is trying to make informative vids and whatnot. But it's no good if it's not correct :L

Also, When is superbowl? I might go home and watch it with dad

dettadeus

Smash Lord
input for the reverse upb thing iirc is dash > control stick in other direction (upwards as well) > rotate to up + b

it's like a RAR but with upb instead of an aerial

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I just press things and they happen.
I thought luckylime covered everything in his video?
Or maybe I'm not visualizing what you're saying, G~p
Altho I do agree that some of the names are confusing. I wish we had a dedicated dictionary of robotic termz.
Also, ggz at APEX, hope to play you again!

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realize nobody else separated the two. In any case I do and I've explained my logic already but if you want, by all means continue calling the two options by the same name.

lol at t0mmy 2.0, I could say that's I guess we've both got OCD, but instead I'll just take that as a compliment.

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Do we need a video? Everyone here knows you can do it.
yeah but...you still dont reverse the momentum on some things...has anyone got a video of rob dashing, then reversing an up-b but still going the same direction? I know we can do it....eric? you're the technical dude
Apparently not.
MisterEric is correct, I covered that in the video, it's at the end of Part 1 when I talk about Reverse Dash Boosting and link you to a separate video which explains that. :|

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Also, ggz at APEX, hope to play you again!
Yeah, Perhaps I'll learn to not jump off against you

Apparently not.
MisterEric is correct, I covered that in the video, it's at the end of Part 1 when I talk about Reverse Dash Boosting and link you to a separate video which explains that. :|
You may well have, i didnt get to the end, I just saw the bit saying 'you cant do reversed B moves from a dash' and I was like 'well thats not true, I'd better say that'

Im just being a prick, dont mind me :)

also

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yea, If I could go back and fix something I would add asterisks in all those confusing parts. :\ Oh well, too late for that, lol.
It's fine. Thank you so much for the contribution. I wish more ROB mains did this.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I think I'm gonna start using ROB in singles again. I've noticed that after each break I take my gameplay with him becomes way more fluid, and I feel like I've been losing some matches with Ice Climbers that I could have won with ROB.
Time to be a mid-tier man once more.
[O O]

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey guys, Check out this stream tomorrow starting at 10am gmt. Brawl stream, live from the UK
http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrawluk
it will be helpful if we manage to get our livestream off to a decent viewing first time around. Plus I'm on commentary almost all day so it's bound to be amazing

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's because the floor of Smashville isn't completely flat. That's been a problem we've had to fix on a lot of stages.

Top Bottom