• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt - Date: June 27th - Odenton, Maryland

chinesahh

Smash Lord
LOL @ staff members

guys dont be fooled, chu just wants you to run the tournament for him >_>

ChuDat

Smash Master
No **** sherlock.

I am just putting the offer out there. If people want to do it then great =D. I'm also giving rewards or benefits for helping out. win/win situation. The rewards have been listed in previous posts if you are interested.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
hey chu if you have any ideas or any other banner you want me to replicate then ask.

heres some of my past work from like long time ago

eespiajer.deviantart.com

Curio

Smash Cadet
I dunno if I should come to this or go to NY for the weekend, choices, choices.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
someone should team with me . i play sheik. not your average sheik though...

* i retouched up on my graphic designing skills, i'm going spend all day tomorrow doing the banner and graphic design and such*

ChuDat

Smash Master

minimal

minimal capital (i feel sorry for whoever name is john)

heres something i came up with. if you dont want to go with the abstract look. just tell me. ill create something else.
First of all sorry I haven't responded to you yet.

The first banner looks GREAT! I really like the concept you have and your idea, although I dislike the pink and the kirby you have on there since it has nothing to do with the tournament. Don't do the banner for me, do it for the tournament. With that said, here are some ideas. Make it "dojo themed". Have some chinese lettering on it. I can't really think of anything else but hope that helps. Other than the pink and the kirby, everything looks professionally made! The lettering is great, I like the quote, even your sig "CD" at the bottom right looks good. (Oh btw, I'd like to use THIS banner for my main banner that I'll have on my front page)

As for the second and third banner, I like them. They are simple, basic, and to the point. They are little TOO plain though I think. To give you ideas, i'd like to use these type of banners for people to use in their sig. It should appeal to the public, so maybe some cool looking smash characters? Again, just some ideas. Also, can you make it smaller so that it can fit into peoples signatures?

Dude other than that, GREAT WORK! I really appreciate your hard work. I saw your previous work and its very impressive! I'll PM you later with more ideas regarding T-shirt design, signs, and other stuff later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tantalus - Congratulations! You are now part of the All star team haha. Thanks for the help man. You are our new official STAFF Tournament Organizer! You will get paid too ^_^. Just remember, it will be actual WORK. The more work you do, the more I feel inclined to pay you more. I believe that is fair and how I'll be paying things out for people who want paid positions. More details in PM.

Remember, if you need/want money, sign up to be a Registrator or a Co-Tournament Organizer. I will also add that people with these positions don't pay venue fee. We can have 2 Registrators and one more TO.

I really like how things are working out. I have a good amount of people that is helping out with the tournament. I really appreciate it guys. It brings a tear to my eye T_T haha.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Twentytwo - I believe crossjeremiah is already bringing one but if you could bring one as well that would be great. Would you be able to to upload videos? We just need big name matches (I.e Omni vs Atomsk, ect), semi-finals, and finals mainly. As for the program used, I believe it is called Dazzle? I'm not too familiar with the whole recording thing. Thanks in advance!

Curios - you should come to this, we need you for commentary!

Does anyone else want to do commentary? I'd like to give a shoutout to a few people for this position that I think will do a good job of it. GIMR, Hat, Thumbs, Slikvik, Neo, Omni, and thats it from the top of my head.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thumbs and EE is like the dream team for commentary.

EE doing the serious play-by-play and Thumbs randomly shouting things.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace

heres what i came up with for the main page

if its a better version than my dazzler than he should bring it. mines really cheap. and the quality is very low. i recommend him bringing it

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
First of all sorry I haven't responded to you yet.

The first banner looks GREAT! I really like the concept you have and your idea, although I dislike the pink and the kirby you have on there since it has nothing to do with the tournament. Don't do the banner for me, do it for the tournament. With that said, here are some ideas. Make it "dojo themed". Have some chinese lettering on it. I can't really think of anything else but hope that helps. Other than the pink and the kirby, everything looks professionally made! The lettering is great, I like the quote, even your sig "CD" at the bottom right looks good. (Oh btw, I'd like to use THIS banner for my main banner that I'll have on my front page)

As for the second and third banner, I like them. They are simple, basic, and to the point. They are little TOO plain though I think. To give you ideas, i'd like to use these type of banners for people to use in their sig. It should appeal to the public, so maybe some cool looking smash characters? Again, just some ideas. Also, can you make it smaller so that it can fit into peoples signatures?

Dude other than that, GREAT WORK! I really appreciate your hard work. I saw your previous work and its very impressive! I'll PM you later with more ideas regarding T-shirt design, signs, and other stuff later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tantalus - Congratulations! You are now part of the All star team haha. Thanks for the help man. You are our new official STAFF Tournament Organizer! You will get paid too ^_^. Just remember, it will be actual WORK. The more work you do, the more I feel inclined to pay you more. I believe that is fair and how I'll be paying things out for people who want paid positions. More details in PM.

Remember, if you need/want money, sign up to be a Registrator or a Co-Tournament Organizer. I will also add that people with these positions don't pay venue fee. We can have 2 Registrators and one more TO.

I really like how things are working out. I have a good amount of people that is helping out with the tournament. I really appreciate it guys. It brings a tear to my eye T_T haha.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Twentytwo - I believe crossjeremiah is already bringing one but if you could bring one as well that would be great. Would you be able to to upload videos? We just need big name matches (I.e Omni vs Atomsk, ect), semi-finals, and finals mainly. As for the program used, I believe it is called Dazzle? I'm not too familiar with the whole recording thing. Thanks in advance!

Curios - you should come to this, we need you for commentary!

Does anyone else want to do commentary? I'd like to give a shoutout to a few people for this position that I think will do a good job of it. GIMR, Hat, Thumbs, Slikvik, Neo, Omni, and thats it from the top of my head.
Chu, PLEASE let me commentate...if I come...which I doubt :(

Don't worry, I won't trash talk OoSers...unless of course MD/VA wantz me to ;)

We need more Poyo trash talk :D

"GOOD **** I JUST CAME!"

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
dag Cross jeremiah is too good

is thumbs really coming? Cuz if not i'll do play by play with E, he does color commentary/trash talk. We did this at BTYF, as well as with Alex Strife.

and everyone else stay out of the way, because more than 2 people at the mic is nuts, my recording files from BTYF sucked when 4 people where there, you could really only hear two at a time.

Poyo: you don't need to be on the mic, you shout loud enough for everyone to hear it

Chu: I'll take care of brackets, it's so easy for me, who wants to be my second look at the bracket?? I'll take ONE person's input after the bracket is done. Also, let's MM in MVC2 sometime

ChuDat

Smash Master
New spot opened up
Electrician
Will make sure all recording equipment, set-ups, TVs, and anything else electronic is set up and usable for tournament play.

I could use another enforcer
Enforcers will make sure people are playing their matches and kick anyone off who is playing a friendly for tournament speed and efficiency . They have the AUTHORITAY. These guys are the "bouncers" of the tournament. Don't mess with these guys. Hova?

LOBOS
updated*- Co-Tournament Organizer, Video Recorder, and Photographer. (Can you handle all of these jobs? lolz. If not lemme know and I'll get a replacement)

Poyo - Official **** talker. LOLZ jk poyo we'll see.

Lobos and TheTantalus - Good **** guys. I'll need you guys to work together. Tantalus, you seed the bracket. I'll take a look at it after its done. Lobos, you and Tantalus need to make sure someone is at the bracket at ALL TIMES! Take turns watching it. I don't want some random idiot messing with the bracket, you know what I mean? (CH 4.5). If you need anything else, just let me know.

ChuDat

Smash Master

heres what i came up with for the main page

if its a better version than my dazzler than he should bring it. mines really cheap. and the quality is very low. i recommend him bringing it
Amazing. All it needs now is a good looking background. That color is perfect. You should use the design from the kirby banner, that was good.

I just received an idea. For the banners that will go into peoples sigs, you can have a consistent background and a character. Keep that same background but change the color of it to match the character. (This was GIMRS idea). For example, a lucas background will be yellow and red. Yoshi will have a green background. Wario - Yellow. Ect.. See what I mean? A perfect example would be the Kirby banner you've made, but smaller. What do u think? This is just for personalization. If you had another idea in mind, go with that.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
IF I come I could prolly bring my dazzle and my Wii. Don't worry about me yelling INTO the mic...maybe you should xD

But yeah, I mean I REALLY want to come but I don't have a ride, IF I do come...should I play my Kirby in FRIENDLIES? I often can't get motivated to get in the Kirby mindset unless its tourney but if this is a tourney where people are training and playing for real in friendlies...then I'll go my Kirby, if I can't, then I'll go Mgay xD

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
That lookz teh 1337, but just wondering, why aren't you jusing the Brawl artwork for Ganon and Wolf, not that it really matterz lol.

****, that is sooooo 1337

ChuDat

Smash Master
Thanks for the help Sage.

Sage - Electrician

Everyone on the staff should come early if they want breakfast. I'll be buying orange juice and donuts for u guys :chuckle:.

Crossjeremiah - Sweet banner! I'll have it on the front page. Don't worry about the 35 sigs, thats too much work lolz.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
sounds like an epic tourney
chu, are you planning to do this like every other week (like one bi-weekly, then one dojo, etc) or is this every now and then?
or are you just going to see if this works out the first time, just curious

junebug

Smash Journeyman
dang chu, this looks sweet o.o

if you need another staff job, ill do it, but im probably gonnna be comin around singles time

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i'll be there by 10 for sure

EE be ready

if I do need to make a service call, it won't be till after 12, so I can get all the seeding done at the very least. But I will make sure my responsibilities are done as usual, because I'm a good TO

Although i'm not expecting anything really

Even if I get a call, I will come back to the tourney to get EE, so nobody else has to manage that

Edit: Still need a teammate, hmmm if no one wants to I will probably team with someone on ATHF at the tourney

ChuDat

Smash Master
Good ****z guys! Crossjeremiah don't worry about getting here on time. If you can try and get here by 11 AM though since that's when teams starts. Also, I don't think twentytwo will respond about the recording equipment so could you bring your equipment if he doesn't? Thanks in advance. I'll try and reach him.

Aextreme - Thanks! This is a now and then tourney, are you coming?

Junebug - Pick and choose my friend :). I've listed it all for ya, what would u like to do?

Also, can all staff members help clean after the tournament? Its only nice =/. Thanks in advance!

Available positions include -
Commentators (1)
Should have a high understanding of the game and high usage of vocabulary.

Photographer (1)
Should take pictures at exciting moments of the tournament, pro players, and anything else interesting.

Video Recorder
(1)
Should record tournament atmosphere, do interviews, and catch anything exciting.

Journalist
This is for people who like to write. You may jot down notes of the highlights and upsets of the tournament and later create an interesting summary for all of Smashboards to read. Should have a good vocabulary and proper writing skills. May work with Photographer and Video recorder to add more enjoyment and depth to writing.

Tournament Uploader
Should record matches and upload them onto the internet for the public to see and be prompt. A week after the tournament should be a good deadline.

Web Designer

This will be tough and I don't expect much. A basic layout of a web page for the tournament should be created. Should work with the Staff to receive everyones input and information to create the web page.

Vice President
Should help out and follow simple directions when directed. You will be sticking with me most of the time. Should also be able to help manage other Staff members. This position will make you the "boss" when I'm not around. You have final say on tournament rules or anything else that may occur. May direct other staff members. Must be responsible. Not everyone can apply for this.

Enforcer
Enforcers will make sure people are playing their matches and kick anyone off who is playing a friendly for tournament speed and efficiency . They have the AUTHORITAY. These guys are the "bouncers" of the tournament. Don't mess with these guys.

Electrician(1)
Will make sure all recording equipment, set-ups, TVs, and anything else electronic is set up and usable for tournament play.

Paid Positions
These are specific positions for people who want to get PAID. These positions require REAL WORK. You MUST be responsible, prompt, dependable, friendly, and trustworthy. Need money or just want some spending money? Then apply now! (haha I sound like a commercial).

Registrator
Exactly what the name is. You will do registrations. COME 1 hour ahead of schedule!

Crossjeremiah - Graphic Designer and Illustrator

Lil B - Commentator1

EEvisu - Commentator2

Lobos
- Co-Tournament Organizer, Video Recorder, and Photographer ($)

Jcaesar007 - Enforcer

TheTantalus
- Tournament Organizer ($)

TheSage - Electrician

Junebug - Position not given yet.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
i'll be there by 10 for sure

EE be ready

if I do need to make a service call, it won't be till after 12, so I can get all the seeding done at the very least. But I will make sure my responsibilities are done as usual, because I'm a good TO

Although i'm not expecting anything really

Even if I get a call, I will come back to the tourney to get EE, so nobody else has to manage that

Edit: Still need a teammate, hmmm if no one wants to I will probably team with someone on ATHF at the tourney
Lets team ^_^

I'll bring my Digital Canon Rebel XTi(12 megapixels). I love taking pictures ^.^ ya i know how to, too. like exposure level, aperture all that crazy advance photography stuff. There probably be like 500+ pictures when i'm done. You should include a getting your picture taken clause or something. because some people don't like getting there picture taken.

Chu i have dreamweaver i'm pretty sure i could make a web page from that. or if i make a layout on photoshop we can find webdesigner to convert to html. but i'm pretty sure dreamweaver would do all that for us.

Top Bottom