• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
r3? :)

keep in touch, san diego. if you can't take me that's perfectly alright.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
you guys should take typh to r3 or im infracting you

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Exciting news for the world: I will have weekends off in late January. Which means... absolutely nothing actually. Wewt.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
ay, forget the r3 thing... family having christmas or something on that sunday lol

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Looking for a ride back from R3 to San Diego.

Also looking for a ride from San Luis Obispo to R3, but that doesn't necessarily need to be san diego peeps.

But if I can't find a ride back to San Diego, I probably can't go :O

Tearbear

Smash Ace
so what time we leaving to R3? details plz its like a couple days away

we gonna make SD trip to R3 vid

any more SD loves music CDs?

etc

gas money?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hall is working on details; someone should team with Nefarious B; etc etc.

ALSO... LINK THIS TO ANYONE THAT YOU KNOW THAT IS ON THE EAST COAST.

This is a little early, but I want to get this set-up right now.

Havok, Eddy Mexico, and myself are all going to Pound 4 and we're staying from Friday the 15th all the way up until Tuesday. We'd really like to secure housing with people that live in the area or a group hotel room with people we know for the trip.

I know it's tough to get people to help us with housing, but I just wanted to ask of a favor of the Smash Community since I've done a great deal of favors for anyone I can.

- Smash Genesis Bus Trip
- Shuttle Rides at Genesis for Anyone When I Really Wasn't Supposed To
- Carne Asada Fries for anyone that visits San Diego

Havok has done a great deal for the community as well. Along with hosting tournaments and providing housing for people from all over the world (Australia, Canada, Europe, and East Coast).

Eddy Mexico is Eddy Mexico and if you want Melee practice, he's great to be around.

Please help us out, as we want to make this an affordable and fun trip. Private Message Me if you have any details or can help.

Thanks

- Oats.

Awex

Smash Lord
Oats gave me a ride home from Coachella. (Though the circumstances surrounding that ended up making for a pretty epic tale.) Guy is legit, someone house him and his crew.

Speaking of Coachella, have you see this list of confirmed/rumored acts for Coachella '10, Marco?

http://consequenceofsound.net/festival-outlook/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival/

Not on that list is Girls, who I saw about a week ago at the Loft. Pretty ****ing great.

Point is, I'm already getting mad hyped. MAD hyped.

Nabster92

Smash Cadet
If I can get picked up by the carpool from LA, then I'm down to team with Nefarious unless anyone else would want to team with me specifically.

If my house itself is kinda out of the way I should at least be able to get a ride to somewhere that isn't I think.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
If anyone Else can drive up to R3 this weekend it would be great. We only have one car this time around.

My mom's car got repossessed :( No more SUV for my family so we need someone to step it up and offer an alternative to get to tournaments.

Oats, for pound 4 I want to get back on monday since I start school on tuesday, we'll talk later.

seigehyland

Smash Ace
wtf? yer van got repo-ed? that blows homie...

speaking of which...what are you doing later today havok? u busy today? i wanted to come over and me you and hall can go over some R3 details etc..just lemme know

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
If I can get picked up by the carpool from LA, then I'm down to team with Nefarious unless anyone else would want to team with me specifically.

If my house itself is kinda out of the way I should at least be able to get a ride to somewhere that isn't I think.
Sounds good man teaming would be a great time, hope you can make it

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Woot woot Chula Vista Smashers! And Diego in general!

Hey next year, some of you guys hop down to San Diego State for Smash. There is a BIG fanbase there and about 4 players that will give you a good run for your money. It's got like 18 people that love to Smash and they literally play EVERYDAY and hog the TV/Wii from open (9AM) until like 7PM at night or later.

Matter of fact they'll be there tomorrow Brawling away. And Friday too.

Awex

Smash Lord
Lance, are they just playing in the bowling alley in the aztec center? I've joined Leeland there before if that's the case, I wouldn't really say anyone there can give our locals a run for their money, but it might be a good place to recruit interested players.

God knows our community could use the pick-me-up. :s

Also, hey Chill/Mario/Terry/Stauffy... http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Awex.ai

LanceStern

Smash Lord
When Leeland played no there wasn't very many people there to give a run for your money I agree.

Now there are 4 smashers that know their characters. A good Olimar, an awesome Marth/Kirby, and a pretty good Ike. It's fun. Actually one (or two, can't remember) of the players came from the Mexico smash scene. At the least the Marth/Kirby can get you down to the final stock at mid-high % haha.

They even started a website/semi-club. http://sdsusmash.blogspot.com

I just realized if we start an official club at SDSU we can rent out rooms for free and host tournaments. I'm considering checking on montezuma hall or casa real next semester so maybe we can host a tourney there. Setups, tables, the whole shebang and it's perfect for these types of things. THAT would be awesome.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
myhiddentomatoes: Post that caca, and let's get over this hump.

Hey guise, gas is going to be between $33-$36 per person dependent on how much driving we do & if Seige decides to drive from Antioch since Antioch is not relatively close to the city.

K girls.
Love ya.
Bone text me.
Girl.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
It's too bad I didn't read that message saying you were coming Awex. I left right at 1:00 and I hear that's when peeps showed up.

You already inspired one person to play MK better, and he is certainly playing better o_O

Tearbear

Smash Ace
so im taking 2 this new girl and i took the chance of telling her im addicted 2 games and love playing video games and shes like yeah me to i can go all day playing them cause im addicted to them

so she starts naming off all the games she loves 2 play and one of them was super smash brothers

score :D

Tearbear

Smash Ace
so since none of the older guys are awak its just me and burnt talking about girls and i thought this was funny when this came up

burntsocksrus (11:28:21 PM): hah
burntsocksrus (11:28:47 PM): most of the girls i really liike have boyfriends or like bigger guys
burntsocksrus (11:28:53 PM): so im bulking up
burntsocksrus (11:28:54 PM): =)
Tevo1992 (11:28:56 PM): lol
Tevo1992 (11:28:59 PM): ur a low tier

D

Deleted member

Out of context much :p
Burntsocksrus
im uhhhh
zelda
my hitbox lasts for a long time
and you cant shield it
=)
Tevo1992
im like IC
ima get u at somepoint

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
hahaha... that parallels an analogy I told Hall earlier this week, but it's not as funny as when I originally told it now that I think about it, so forget I mentioned it;

My babies are cute. I <3 them.

Top Bottom