• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

vato_break

Smash Master
in san diego(mission valley) till tuesday, so if anyone wants to play let me know! im likely to bus it whereever, unless you wanna pick me up..i have no wii/brawl/tv where im staying

Tearbear

Smash Ace
if anyone wants to come to boomers today come to my house around 1-3

if you wanna chill and brawl feel free to come early

Awex

Smash Lord
So who's going to Drake? I'm making plans with my main squeeze Samuelson for Friday, so I might not need a ride there, but I will need a ride back.

In short, I call a spot!

Napos

Smash Ace
Hey ya'll I am going to be moving to Fallbrook,CA in the beginning of the year so.........Is this the right thread to be in?

Hall

Smash Ace
This particular thread is visited more often by smashers down in the San Diego area. Since we've had a bit of a lull in tournaments there won't be much activity in here unless a smashfest is announced. For smashfests San Diego might be your best bet. For everything else you'll want to use Allisbrawl.

Napos

Smash Ace
Yes it is, although you'll most probably want to make an all is brawl account as well, since 90% of Socal uses that site only.

welcome :)
Thanks Mike! we played once at G2. I can't wait to be brawling with ya'll on the daily.

Hall

Smash Ace
Terry would probably take you up on that. Actually, most of us would probably do it. I just think Terry is the only one that'd be awesome at it.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I moved down south closer to everyone, I live in National City area now. If someones going to casuals/tourney and rolls thru here, I'd be gratful if you could pick me up. Id like to see everyone again and maybe play some :) I also got sfiv and mvc3 set up if u guys play that

Hall

Smash Ace
Right now the most active tournament series is in LA which about half of us have been attending regularly. Our casuals are usually down in Chula Vista or off Jamacha on the 125

knuckles213

Smash Ace
yo Lancestern, I gotta question. how do you deal with a peach user? cause yesterday I was in a tourny and I had to go against Illmatic and I dont fight peach mains; we went SV I won that game, then RC I lost, then BF I lost. what levels are good to fight against her on other than SV an FD(assuming that gets band in a match)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Your best bet is to asked Terry and Havok, who knows how to beat Peach with their eyes closed.

Counterpicking to Halbard wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Up smash her at like 70% and she could die. The sloped stage messes up our ground floats, and it's hard to get back on stage from the ledge - we can't short hop it we have to full hop.

Short hop nair, dash under us -> shield -> nair and fair us. Up smash eats through a lot of us and if we have sloppy floating give a bair.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Don't attack going forward, that's what they look for. Attack in place or going backwards and pick apart the approach. Fighting Peach close is surprisingly hard and they have pretty good options, their jab is 2 frame starter, their nair/bair OoS is good so and their grab does pretty good dmg. You just gotta be careful close and hitting them into their shield is bad for you lol.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You also kinda want to play run-away and be unpredicatable on recovery. It's VERY hard for us to catch Fox but peaches who know the matchup will try to corner you on the ledge and jab at you.

Use your speed to hit and run. Your utilt is pretty good to a point just watch for a spot where we will try to nair out of it and you get another free punish. Hit and run then upsmash or bair.... that's usually enough

Hall

Smash Ace
More or less yeah. We don't get as many new players anymore and the few we do get usually aren't through smashboards.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hello there, lovely community! <3

I'm sorry if this is a bit forward, but is anyone going to be carpooling to the tournament and have a spot open on the way back? I'm staying with Typhy right now and, rather than taking a train home by myself, I thought that it'd be really wonderful if I got to see everyone and ride back in an already empty seat back home with you boys! <3

No worries if you already have something planned out already, though! Fingers crossed! <3

Hall

Smash Ace
You're talking about Champion right? We're probably going to have multiple cars, but you've always got a spot in mine. We haven't gotten a complete roster yet. We're getting all the details together on FB

Rickety

Peace and Love
Aw, thank you so much, Hall! <3 <3

Yeah, this Saturday's Champion tournament. I can't wait to see you and everyone else! <3

Thanks again! <3

Hall

Smash Ace
So far the carpool is

Hall
Tearbear
Phoenix
Rickety

Havok and Zekey not yet confirmed. Get at us on facebook is you need a faster response.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
So far the carpool is

Hall
Tearbear
Phoenix
Rickety

Havok and Zekey not yet confirmed. Get at us on facebook is you need a faster response.
It looks like its

Hall
Terry
Phoenix
Rickety
Bright
KlashKRool

TKD?

which seems to be enough for Terry or Hall's car.

I am not able to go, and Carlos told me Britney is going or something.

Top Bottom