• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Thanks Bone for telling me that; now I'm ****ing pissed because I came up with the idea for the amateur bracket and I don't see a cent. It's not my venue, and I don't even enter the tournament to participate in the amateur bracket.

We added a blanket venue fee for all tournaments because I don't think it's right that we use Havok's house all the ****ing time, and I see people leave their trash and bull**** everywhere and his wonderful parents put up with us. Hmm, my selfless and appreciative suggestion does not equal greedy profit.

The amateur bracket itself only takes money from people that enter the bracket and all of the prizes from that bracket ONLY GO TO PEOPLE THAT ENTERED AND WON. The amateur bracket was designed to get people that are not confident in their skills to play with people that are not ranked in San Diego or Southern California and to get better by playing people as good as them. No one else sees the money from the amateur bracket except for the amateurs. I've had this discussion with Havok and I've plainly stated countless times that this is for everyone and not for any person in particular. We try to keep ranked and really good players away from amateurs but sometimes we get surprised (Temecula, etc.)

So whoever is spreading gossip is obviously really ignorant and needs to ask questions or state their concerns to the people that know what's up. You do know if questions are asked, we can avoid gossip and drama? We're pretty friendly for the most part, but friendships and a good community can only go halfway... at some point or another the individual has to realize that they are responsible for their reputation or for any knowledge about the community, and to gossip behind our backs shows 2 things: they want a ****ed rep., and they don't know **** about the community.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Amateur Bracket? How is that for greed/profit at all. The people who would even be remotely greedy (Those who are in the Pro bracket and would win constantly) can't go NEAR the amateur bracket.

-People who join the amateur bracket sometimes/mostly don't join pro bracket, which lessens the pot for the Pro bracket

-If you're greedy and good enough to win, you'll be in the pro bracket

-Why are idiots who play melee (no offense to the Melee Community, just saying he seems like a Melee-exclusive person who happens to be an idiot) even care about Brawl tournaments?

Case Closed.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Honest opinion everybody: Would it be a bad decision to stop going to tourneys as much and start playing MMOs again?

I really miss playing LOTRO, it was so fun! Maybe it's my constant phase-shifting, but I don't know. I skip around things like hotcakes (Lady Gaga, Robin, etc.).

Tell it like it is! I know I'm a dork, etc. :D

**Havok**

Smash Lord
When Diablo 3 comes out, for sure the ppl that are playing:
Me
Bone
Oats
Hall
TKD
Soid
MogX
Nyjin?
awex?
gursalug?

Just wait, we're all gonna play that! lol.

@ the random noob that talks trash:

F U.

Have a nice day.

On rickety-esque happy note, im housing typh today =) So whoever wants to come over later tonight and play is more than welcome! After 6 cuz i gots stuffssss to doooo.

Terminator was OK.

=( I wanted it to be amazing.

Soid

Smash Journeyman
i can go if there is food delisious food cuz i dont wanna be horney hungry all the day :laugh: LOL!

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm a maybe on Diablo 3, probably about 60-70 percent that I'm playing atm.

I MAY be stuck on Starcraft 2 or one of the many MMOs I'm looking in. It'd be sweet to play with you all though. I love being healer/ranged/magic. Never close combat!

EDIT: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6077

Tourney on Sunday up in L.A. You holding a weekly Havok? Memorial Day Weekend for me.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Diablo 2 is where my friend and I started our whole "Madden" thing. Nyjin, Lord of the Rings Online got boring pretty fast...even though my friend and I had some good times playing it. There wasn't too much to it, and I can't stand playing games where I'm forced to group with people to progress.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Nyjin, get Guild Wars 2 with me. Someone that isn't Havok (cuz I'm tied with him) **** me in KoF (lol) and who wants to start up a company?

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I've always wanted to play Guild Wars (The One-time fee is appealing), although the PvP focus is a bit iffy for me.

Gursalug, as much of a dork as I'll sound for it, I enjoy the community/grouping/RP in MMOs more than gameplay. Especially RP :D

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Nyjin, we're going to invite you over the summer to play DnD. Hall and myself used to do it frequently, and Bone tried it twice. It's really fun. Havok wants to try and we'll invite everyone, **** it.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I used to play DnD a lot as a kid. I have two different friends who play it once a week regularly, too.

omfgmenewb

Smash Apprentice
no havok its cool its not like i was a d2 addict or anything
*cough* whirlwind assassin *cough*

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I'd go, but have no vehicle at the moment...

In the meantime, do me a favor and vote on this girl's Earthbound shoes:

http://www.jonessoda.com/vans/index.php

So far, it's between these and some ****ty looking Halo shoes. If the Earthbound shoes win, Vans will produce 40, 000 of them. I want these shoes like a drug addict needs their fix!!!

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I sure as hell hope so, too. In fact, I'd even settle for the Mario shoes over Halo ones...

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Is it really 40,000 of them being made for the winner?
I swear when I was reading the description earlier it was just about getting them printed on Jones Soda labels. I thought the winner was getting 6 custom shoe certificates.

While I'm on the topic, I've never tried Jones Soda ever in my life. I feel like I'm missing out. I hear Fufu Berry is the bomb and Green Apple is good when *mixed*.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
It is, usually every week. There will be a post when we'll be having another.
Since it's already friday and I have yet to see a post about a weekly, I assume announcements for them are spontaneous or I just haven't looked through this thread enough, but can you blame me? There's so much socializing here I can hardly tell what's business.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
There's so much socializing because we haven't secured the date of another weekly. I'm sorry. But the socializing is what makes the community fun, and you're encouraged to hang out.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I like all flavors of Jones Soda (I haven't had FuFu Berry but I heard it was the best).

So far I've had Bubble Gum, Green Apple, and Root Beer. They were all good! ^_^

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I voted for the "PSI Shoestorm" ones.
Freakin' awesome.

Also, my friend Hoffman might be able to provide his car for the trip.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
*wants an invite only tournament series in cv* (the japanese do it)

we should also rank our players by class. a,b,c,d and so forth. its easier to maintain a consistent list.
numbers are too definite. im sure some of you can agree.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Good ol' Bone and his liking of the Japanese culture.

I think Jones makes one of the best cream sodas I've ever had. When I was younger, they had limited edition Tekken 3 flavors (complete with character labels). Only one I can remember was Heihachi Berry.

To the user with the Pitt icon: As Oats stated, socalizing is a part of what makes SD the strongest Smash community in So Cal. Even our region's #1 player travels down here for small house tourneys.

Phoenix, take your *** to Target and buy a twelve pack of Jones. This is not an option.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Weekly!

im like hung over from a lot of brawl last night.

urrrg.

THERE IS A WEEKLY THIS SUNDAY!

sorry for my procrastination, i've been kinda busy with finals, girls, alcohol, xes, etc.

CHULA VISTA 29.3

Top Bottom