• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Awex

Smash Lord
Rickety and Typh are over at my place.

Join us :D

edit: have a safe trip home, Typh! Glad to have you over.

See y'all at barrio marrio(lolXD) tomorrow.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Star Trek is OK, but i prefer to go and watch another Star Wars movie.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
edit: have a safe trip home, Typh! Glad to have you over.
thanks for hosting!

honest to god i almost dozed off and drifted into a wall, i was in the shoulder before i realized i was about to die

coffee failed me

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If anyone else is swinging by bring a Wii or something.

Typh you gotta be more careful and drink twice the coffee next time youre in town.

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Hope it's not too late for me to swing by.

Edit: Hmm, I guess I am bringing a setup after all. Need to work on my Wario. :O

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Havok got 3rd in doubles at Tourney Play; he could have gotten 2nd if he didn't lose against Tyrant in dittos at the end. SO CLOSE. *sigh* GREAT JOB HAVOK + MIKE HAZE.

mjsdawg

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I was just wondering about how many people usually show up to the tourney every week. Also if you could give me an estimate on average ending times I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
educated and happy people are more attractive, than someone who is not, per se. then, there is of course the aesthetics behind our multifaceted personalities and backgrounds that compliment each other. hence why i'm an elitist; to outcast people who just don't fit into our puzzle piece quite right. if you can't make the sacrifice to fit in, don't become a piece of our puzzle. its just ugly, wasteful and annoying. if you cannot put that together, then you clearly cannot put together the puzzle.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
since no one answered that poor guy's question:

We start tournies between 12 - 2.

We usually end around 9pm. But only the regulars stay that late usually, as most people get knocked out of tourney early and leave. You're more than welcome to stay that late though.

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I've been bailing on all the SD events lately... Ever since SCSA I've been super busy, and I can't make Chula Vista 30 'cause I'll be out of town. D:

But I'm still around, don't forget I exist!

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Hey SD! I just got back from Washington today!

Didn't do tooooo bad.

Me and Haze got 3rd in doubles cuz i choked :( But it's ok, a learning experience right?

I got 7th in singles. Aiight =)

K I need to know who can come to SIN? If no one wants to,can go then im going with the LA guys.

Car. 5 spots. Whos got this?

Gas: $10
Food: XX
Tournament: $35 for everything. Doubles,singles, venue included.

I need to know by tomorrow. GO.

mjsdawg

Smash Rookie
since no one answered that poor guy's question:

We start tournies between 12 - 2.

We usually end around 9pm. But only the regulars stay that late usually, as most people get knocked out of tourney early and leave. You're more than welcome to stay that late though.

haha thanks. also if it's not too much trouble mind telling me how many people usually enter each week?

also, I saw DSF won a week on the front page of the thread, is he one of the "regulars?"

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Well, when we do proper advertising we get 20+ people. When we half-*** it, we get 12. DSF goes every once in a while because he's a pretty good friend nowadays.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
no weekly this sunday btw.

:)

EDIT: Who wants to go to Vegas w me, im driving up to HugS's area then we're driving from there.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Havok you *****-whipped ****, start hosting more Chula Vista weeklies and advertise ahead of time, please. We have a couple people that want to be involved and get into it.

omfgmenewb

Smash Apprentice
anyone willing to let me use their cd key for d2 and d2lod?
i lost mine and i want to play again :(

D

Deleted member

Sooooo Nyjin...
how dem player profiles goin... i assume you've been holding um back from us right...

:p
<3
Should we start doin more with the blog XD

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
We will start doing more with the blog; I have a bunch of free time now.

ALSO!:!:!:!:!:

San Diego, I'm reserving like 3-4 seats on the bus for you guys, but I could easily save more, C'MON! There are only a few seats left. YOU HAVE TO STEP UP and SIGN UP now. Burntsockz, I'm sure you can convince your mom of this trip since no one is driving and it's a huge bus; Nyjin! C'mon dude! Where is that fire! I want to see you do well! Awex! Are you really going to let them start talking about Weruop and *****Frown when we know you're the better Olimar? Phear! You're our only Dedede/Diddy! We need you to show San Diego diversity! Rickety! GO AND CONVINCE TYPH! Stauffy! YOUR LUCARIO! MogX! YOUR KIRBY and you get to meet and take pictures with more of your favorite pros! TKD! C'mon, the Twins from Mexico are going! Melee! Soid! Step, it, the, ****, up! Get more signatures on your controller!

I also have a new cheer, and wouldn't it be sick if San Diego yelled it on the Bus the entire way up? HAVOK! Convince TJ! Everyone else! Convince each other!

Edit: If I didn't mention someone, I'm sorry. :(

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
This tournament is going to be really pricey, Oats. That's probably the main reason most of us haven't said anything about it :(

Top Bottom