• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
I wanted to know if anyone knows about a tournament in the Chula Vista area. (It's in San Diego). I know theres alot of other SoCal tournaments but I dont think It would be that smart to travel all the way to L.A(ish) to get pwnd in the first round. uh....help?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Come to the San Diego Triweeklies! :]

Hi, my name is Rick :]

There a lot of smashers in San Diego, including Chula Vista :]
Chula Vista's two best smashers are Jon619 and Romeo619

We should play sometime! :}

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, go to the triweeklies at UCSD. Don't worry about getting pwned in the first round. It happens to everybody. It's loads of fun playing there and you'll meet a lot of cool people.

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
Come to the San Diego Triweeklies! :]

Hi, my name is Rick :]

There a lot of smashers in San Diego, including Chula Vista :]
Chula Vista's two best smashers are Jon619 and Romeo619

We should play sometime! :}
Oh ill try and look them up on youtube :D

and Ill try and look into the triweeklies. Do you have any links for information??

Okay! Someone told me about a tournament at a Gamestop, once I get more information ill see if youre going

Who do you use??

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
Yeah, go to the triweeklies at UCSD. Don't worry about getting pwned in the first round. It happens to everybody. It's loads of fun playing there and you'll meet a lot of cool people.
Okay thanks! Do you know where I could get some information on that?

romeo619

Smash Ace
im alrighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

what school do you go to ?
i goes 2 montgomery high if u know where that is
hit me upzzz and i'll play with you sometime

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
im alrighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

what school do you go to ?
i goes 2 montgomery high if u know where that is
hit me upzzz and i'll play with you sometime
I go to bonita. Thats cool, maybe we can meet at the ucsd tourney thing :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63672

HUZZAH!!! There you go man. You're in luck, there's actually a tournament today O.o featuring THE SephirothKen. Look at that you only have to drive 30 minutes or so to La Jolla to get some of the best exp out there. SD is amazing!
Thanks! SephirothKen is good? Lol ill look him up on youtube. I just dont have a car...

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
hey i go to UC but i live in paradise hills. did u end up going to that triweekly at UCSD?
No i couldnt go, i live about 45 mins from there and it was a little last minute since I cant drive yet

Though I think I might go to the next one, or the one after that :D

Will you be going?? Ive never played a good samus before. Are you good??

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Hey, I used to live there! No good arcades or DDR players.. Chula Vista does have an amazing T5 and MvC2 scene, though.

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
yea im going to the next one. u should hold a smashfest. i would go for sure
Oh cool when it comes up lets talk about practicing before/after our matches :D (if your down with thta)

Hey, I used to live there! No good arcades or DDR players.. Chula Vista does have an amazing T5 and MvC2 scene, though.
Well we have a nickel nickel which is five cents for all mes, or 20 for DDR. Still great price tho :chuckle:

Oh i go to High Tech High school which is in Point Loma but, I live in south bay more like Paradise Hills
Woah that sounds badass! Is it all robotic or something???

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
yeah we should get that going well I'm free this weekend so pm or IM me about it. My
aim is Nworddomi and that goes for anyone who wants to smash it up with me.

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
No not really...
lmao do youall get lap tops atleast??

yeah we should get that going well I'm free this weekend so pm or IM me about it. My
aim is Nworddomi and that goes for anyone who wants to smash it up with me.
lol. tim we needa finally smash it up sometime. i played one of your friends in the tourney, i keep forgetting to remember all of your names though, so I'm not sure which one it was.
We should play each other at the UCSD thing!! When's the next one??

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
not until April homles, also no we don't get laptops to take home and the computers there suck you'll probably have a better comp at home. However, the multimedia, , engineering, and Biotech lab are pretty top notch.

romeo619

Smash Ace
yea his name is donovan and i think he's a freshman

(i know cause i've met em)

south bay people hit me up
me and jon can prolly stop by sometime

aim=romeos new sn

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
lmao he just 3 stocked me today. But i think it wouldve been a little less one sided if that wasnt my first match of the....week...

so you won though right?

Tondemonaiyo

Smash Rookie
smargh

haha i'm a bonita alumni. my little bro goes there

Hey David wants to know if you remember him, hes donovans friend (hes the mexican one who owned your brother with his own char one time)

Hey PM me when you can it would really be cool if you could teach us some moves whenever you go back to donovans house

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL TOURNAMENT

Date: June 7, 2008

Time: 1:00 P.M. (12:00-1:00 P.M. set-up and friendlys)

(5269 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego Ca. 92110)

Events: Single's And Double's

Fee: $10-Singles Entry and $10-Doubles Entry ($5 Per person)

Pot Distribution: 1st-60%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-10%

Rules: 8 minute time limit, 3 stock, items off, and team attack on

Neutral Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks: Brinstar, Castle Siege, Corneria, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Halberd, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Cruise, Skyworld

Banned Stages: 75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, Summit, Temple, WarioWare, Inc., Yoshi's Island

First stage is selected at random from the neutral stages
Second stage selection goes to loser
IF there's a third, then it goes to the loser of the Second match

(*NOTE)

PLEASE BRING WII's, Brawl's, and TV's

If you can, call and let us know ahead of time if you will be bringing a WII or A Copy of Brawl so we can make a note of it. And of course bring your own controller. GameCube controllers only! Also just in case bring some tv's as a back up if we need more tv's.

More Info: Call "Gamers Universe" (619) 543-0800 or visit http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=854

$BONE$

Smash Ace
hey guys. i'm in imperial beach usually during the weekend which is about 2 miles from chula vista. you guys can stop by a train for a bit if you want. i hear all this talk coming out of all these new south bay smashers and i havn't met any of you. im not sure if any of you have solidified any friendships with anto/paul/jon/romeo but, they're the experienced smashers around here. they all seem retired though (sadly).

call me 619-253-0226

i'd rather play melee but, brawl is fine too.

if you guys havn't seen this before, you should check it out.
this was created by Rickety. he's freakin c00l as hell.
http://community.livejournal.com/sdsmash/
it would be nice to see more 619 smashers on there.

GriM.

Smash Rookie
cool i go to southwestern college
we should smash sometime
anyone else interested
I also go to SWC, definitely interested, perhaps next friday (the 30th) ? or saturday 31rst ?

Top Bottom